Subway Loyal

If it’s all about being busy on sat nights and needing to get home I wonder what would happen if the games started at 1 or 2 instead of 3pm. Would that help? I do stay to the end of games but for a lot of people with plans at night who don’t live in Glasgow maybe earlier kick offs would help or maybe it would just confirm that people don’t really have other plans and just can’t be bothered staying until the end

Fuq everyone who left after we went 2-1 up at 70+ mins. It drives me insane. Don't they realize the influence it has on the game? Teams love our empty stadium when we think the games done. Fuq the others who left after 3 mins injury time was announced, what are they saving 3 minutes for? Ibrox has the best transport facilities in the UK, subway, buses, trains, a nearby motorway, everyone in Scotland can be back home in 2 hours max. We have fans from Ulster and England who don't get home til all hours. Stay and back the team.:mad:
Time of the month?

I also notice this, most modern football fans (aged 18-25) don't have the mentality of being a supporter.

They're more like customers and that's their mind set.

If it's cold , or they don't want to get stuck in traffic they'll just go.
As a youngster, dedication for me was fully realised at Love Street at the end of 62’, start of ’63. The coldest arctic spell in Scotland. It was so bad the SFA closed all the league fixtures down for 2 whole months after the Ne’erday game some 3 days later. We stood shivering on the terraces. It must have been at least -10C or even more. Fans started wee mini fires it was that bad, and still we hung on till the very end. In those days, most of us didn’t have the money for winter gear. I’ve never been so cold in my life. Toes and fingers frozen stiff (summer shoes and no gloves!) but we stayed on watching the game. So, sitting in the Main Stand these days is true luxury for this lad!

I’ve missed one game this season Celtic away and still couldn’t care when people leave
The issue for me is that it drains the life out of the Stadium.It starts as a trickle from about 70 minutes and its like a fire evacuation in the last 10 minutes.Ive said before that I wish the Club could do some kind of survey to find the reasons ie is it drivers trying to beat the traffic,subway queues etc and maybe seeing if anything can be done to solve the situation.

The issue for me is that it drains the life out of the Stadium.It starts as a trickle from about 70 minutes and its like a fire evacuation in the last 10 minutes.Ive said before that I wish the Club could do some kind of survey to find the reasons ie is it drivers trying to beat the traffic,subway queues etc and maybe seeing if anything can be done to solve the situation.
Yep, cause the atmosphere at Ibrox is electric for those first 70 minutes.

The club have opened a fan zone/bar which is open after the game - and yet punters can't wait to run away to the pub from half time onwards.

Used to do the same when I was a lad. Stayed on PRW just round the corner from Plantation St where I was member of the BB’s.

And also went into the stadium when they opened up the big doors and hoping to see a goal. This was in the 60’s mind you, mobbed terraces, so sometimes had to perch onto one of the metal crush barriers in order to see the pitch.
Early 70’s for me, and 30th BB Admiral St.

And an emptying Stadium somehow improves this?Not having a go but I am interested to know people's reasoning for leaving early are you one of them?
If the games done I’ll generally leave about 85 minutes or so as I’m not missing anything important, if the games in the balance I’ll generally stay dependent on how likely it looks like the position could change.

I had to leave at 70 mins but held on to just before 80 to go. Had a family engagement in town at 5pm and couldn't miss it. Never leave early either and felt dirty doing it.

If the games done I’ll generally leave about 85 minutes or so as I’m not missing anything important, if the games in the balance I’ll generally stay dependent on how likely it looks like the position could change.
Surely the likes of Arfields goals at Pittodrie or the comeback v Braga show that games can change in a short space of time?

Surely the likes of Arfields goals at Pittodrie or the comeback v Braga show that games can change in a short space of time?
Braga comeback started just after the hour mark.

The Arfield one I stayed at Pittodrie, if it were a home game id have stayed too as like I said with the game in the balance things can change and we were pushing for a goal that day.

It’s just a totally pointless boring discussion, I’ve never actually met anyone ‘in real life’ who has ever challenged someone ‘leaving early’

So many use Rangers/football as an excuse to get on the bevy and a day out, they're not actually arsed about the football.
The guy next to me was turned round talking to his pal the whole game, only time he actually turned back round during it was when the goals went in

I understand its none of my business when people leave and tell me to gtf if you want but what I am trying to understand is the reason fans leave early.Is there any specific benefit to it?

I understand its none of my business when people leave and tell me to gtf if you want but what I am trying to understand is the reason fans leave early.Is there any specific benefit to it?
Nope, no benefit to me leaving, also no benefit to me of staying til the final whistle.

If you come out with the nonsense that it affects the players then for me the discussion is over as it’s a ridiculous point - yeah they might wonder why it happens but it doesn’t impact performances.

Nope, no benefit to me leaving, also no benefit to me of staying til the final whistle.

If you come out with the nonsense that it affects the players then for me the discussion is over as it’s a ridiculous point - yeah they might wonder why it happens but it doesn’t impact performances.
I don't get it there are plenty of reasons to stay to the end.There is always the chance of late goals or some form of controversy.When you watch televised games do you switch it of with 5 minutes to go?The fact you mention that players may wonder why people are bailing out before the end proves that it can affect performances because it is taking their mind off the game even if it is only momentarily.

Home advantage is a fact. You can debate what factors are involved the most but home fans must play a small percentage. That's why the 'who cares brigadiers' don't have a leg to stand on. Aside from that, it's just an utterly embarrassing look for a so called big club. Makes us look tin pot.

Watching the Feyenoord vs PSV highlights from yesterday just amplifies how bad a problem it really is for us. Feyenoord are two-nil down yet the place is still packed on 80 mins when they pull a goal back. 95 mins, place is still absolutely packed and rocking. Proper fans, proper backing to the end. We are miles off it. I'd love for our manager to comment on it or Heart & Hand to start encouraging fans to stay to the end. The glory hunters need weeded.

The stream of supporters leaving from 75 mins onwards is a pain for those of us that choose to stay and can't see the game because of them.

I don't get it there are plenty of reasons to stay to the end.There is always the chance of late goals or some form of controversy.When you watch televised games do you switch it of with 5 minutes to go?The fact you mention that players may wonder why people are bailing out before the end proves that it can affect performances because it is taking their mind off the game even if it is only momentarily.
At the weekend there yeah there’s plenty of reasons to stay til the end, but when you’re 2 up against St Johnstone, or 3 up against Motherwell, the players are generally just going through the motions til full time. When was the last time we scored or something happened in a game after say the 85th minute in a game we were comfortably winning? Can only think of once against St Mirren early in the season.

Sometimes yeah, not watched a domestic game on the TV apart from Celtic away this season and the TV was off by the hour mark.

If players playing in front of empty stands impacted performance then we wouldn’t have won the league in the 20-21 season.

It's strange behaviour that so many do it.
Always going to be fans leaving games early but the amount that leave Ibrox early is unbelievable,
Probably another world record,Should have a song for them,
There they go,There they go,There they go.
Maybe start filming them on 75minutes and put it on YouTube speeded up with the Benny Hill tune as backing track.
Apologies to Bears who don’t know Benny Hill.

At the weekend there yeah there’s plenty of reasons to stay til the end, but when you’re 2 up against St Johnstone, or 3 up against Motherwell, the players are generally just going through the motions til full time. When was the last time we scored or something happened in a game after say the 85th minute in a game we were comfortably winning? Can only think of once against St Mirren early in the season.

Sometimes yeah, not watched a domestic game on the TV apart from Celtic away this season and the TV was off by the hour mark.

If players playing in front of empty stands impacted performance then we wouldn’t have won the league in the 20-21 season.
We don't win many games comfortably,the number of games we have won by one goal is well in to double figures.The Hearts game we won comfortably but I would happily have watched an extra 30 minutes we were that good.You are missing the point,maybe deliberately, about the stands.Its the emptying of them with 20 minutes to go that is soul destroying.Playing behind closed doors is entirely different and there are no fans to start leaving early.Maybe that actually helped the team in the 20-21 season.I think we are maybe just wired differently as outside family watching Rangers is my most enjoyable pursuit so I would rather stay to the end which imo is better than rushing off early from the game for no particular reason.

That’s a pretty simplistic view, there were no fans to start with, flip it on its head, stadium empties, players think oh that’s it job done till the next game.

All in October, We scored in

85 mins v Aberdeen 4-1 at home
91 v Livingston 1-1 at home
91 v St Mirren 4-0 at home
91 v Hearts 4-0 at home

At least another 5 from 80 mins on since the start of the season till then.

That’s a pretty simplistic view, there were no fans to start with, flip it on its head, stadium empties, players think oh that’s it job done till the next game.

All in October, We scored in

85 mins v Aberdeen 4-1 at home
91 v Livingston 1-1 at home
91 v St Mirren 4-0 at home
91 v Hearts 4-0 at home

At least another 5 from 80 mins on since the start of the season till then.

I'm sure the subway loyal weren't bothered when they missed Edu's last minute winner against Celtic.

That's a fair point there has been a few words exchanged between punterxs around me and guys blocking their view by standing at the exit.
Happened next to me last week. Old boy went mental as the queue going out from the 80th minute blocks the view of the Copland end. It's worse when we're on the attack and then everyone on the stairs stops to see the outcome.

I remember a poster on here jokingly suggesting that punters should be required to swipe their smartcards when they leave the stadium, and if they leave before full-time they should have a MyGers point deducted for every minute remaining.

Recently I've been thinking that joke might have some merit.

I remember a poster on here jokingly suggesting that punters should be required to swipe their smartcards when they leave the stadium, and if they leave before full-time they should have a MyGers point deducted for every minute remaining.

Me and my mates were saying this exact thing the other day

Would be a welcomed addition tbh

How do you know it doesnt affect the players?

Should have to swipe card to leave early, then open gates as normal from 90 mins so the majority don’t have to swipe out as that’s not feasible.

Anyone leaving early loses points.

Between coming in late, heading off at 35 minutes for a pie and leaving early some punters must see about 50 minutes of actual football.
I can understand why some people head of around the late 80s or at the 90 minutes and there will always be reasons for leaving earlier such as other commitments.For those that habitually leave from 70 minutes onwards though I find it harder to understand right enough.

I'd be all for that.

I think you are confusing MyGers as being a loyalty scheme rather than a 'gies your money' scheme.

I assume those who are in favour of this will be quite happy to lose the points for the B Team, Women's ST or RTV account that they never use?

I think you are confusing MyGers as being a loyalty scheme rather than a 'gies your money' scheme.

I assume those who are in favour of this will be quite happy to lose the points for the B Team, Women's ST or RTV account that they never use?
I just want to see the majority of 35,000 early leavers stay until the final whistle. That's all.

I dare say that's a highly controversial request for some. Even though early leaving around the rest of the UK is barely a thing. We ate unique in our high numbers.

Sick of them traipsing past me, getting in the way of my view of the game at a crucial time. Selfish.
This 100% for me. I sit near the stairs and from 75 mins onward I struggle to see past the screeds of people leaving, not only that, they decide to stop on the stairs when we are attacking totally blocking the view of people still trying to watch the game, it's a total pain in the a**e, it really does annoy me and it's an utter embarrassment seeing the stadium half empty with 15 mins to go. The players will be used to it but must wonder what they need to do to get people to stay. It will never change but it doesn't half rip my knitting.

I just want to see the majority of 35,000 early leavers stay until the final whistle. That's all.

I dare say that's a highly controversial request for some. Even though early leaving around the rest of the UK is barely a thing. We ate unique in our high numbers.

Not controversial as such, I agree with you that it's worse for us that other grounds and I'd love to see Ibrox much more full at the end but, I also know there are genuine reasons for a lot of punters. I also realise that people are adults and are entitled to do as they please.

The place is an utter shit show to get away from now and the deduction of points, just isn't for me. I'm generally one of the last to leave the stadium but, occasionally need to go early for Nightshift and recently had my young daughter at a midweek game when she had school the next morning. Leaving on 85/87 is the difference between getting home around 10.45 - 11pm or staying to the end and it being well after midnight before I get her to bed. If folk want to give me grief for that, no worries. I make no apology for it though.

If the game looks done and it's a midweek game I always leave 10/15 minutes early, can genuinely save an hour on a 3 hour journey driving back as the traffic on prw is a nightmare getting onto the motorway

I've said it before.

The whole ST culture at Ibrox has really had a negative impact on the matchday vibe and atmosphere.

It has created such a sterile environment.

Having such a high % of ST holders sitting in the same seats week in week out, getting too "comfy" is not conducive to a healthy atmosphere.

Good post. Rover tickets would help ease the separation anxiety some feel for their plastic snuggler. It would also enable friends to sit together and who knows may even encourage a few small groups to start a sing song.

Yep, cause the atmosphere at Ibrox is electric for those first 70 minutes.
This relentless pish about atmosphere drives me nuts. There is no team in the world that has a great atmosphere for every game.
We go to watch our team , support them by being there. The players and opponents affect the atmosphere, always have and always will.
Well done to UB for their songs and chants apart from that effin drum!

I stay till the end or leave at 88 if we are 3 or more up and have something to get back for. Its a bit weird how empty the stadium is at the end but people pay their money, its their choice. Moaning at them is pointless.

It also varies depending on the game. Hibs/sheep last season, celtic always, the europa games people stay til the end. Must be horses for courses for some.

Either way, when it comes down to it, who really cares.
I do mate, because for the last 15 to 20 mins of the game my old man and I struggle to see past the screeds of people walking up the stairs that are leaving meaning we can't see the last 1/3 of the pitch, we constantly have to stand up and sit down to let people out of the row and then there is the people who stop on the stairs to watch when we are attacking completely blocking the view of people trying to see. So in short people that leave early spoil it for a lot of people who stay to watch the game. Not fair to be honest.

Back