Sunday’s games (excluding Scotland)

MLS seem to be doing pretty good with the academies but I can't see anyone ever taking the league seriously as a career prospect.
Majority of their team play in Europe, probably because the MLS is a bit of a joke for development.

Cracking prospects everywhere.

Reactions: LD5
I fancied a bet on Albania to get the draw here so was looking at their current squad/players on Wikipedia and noticed Kamberi in the squad for these games and on the bench today. Good luck to him.

MLS seem to be doing pretty good with the academies but I can't see anyone ever taking the league seriously as a career prospect.
In the late 80s/early 90s, the best players were in Italy. In the 2000s and since they've been in Spain but to me that shows that money can sway people. If they ever removed their weird communist style draft system and wage caps, the decision to live and play in New York or Los Angeles among other places might be enough to tempt the best players away from Europe. It's not something I'd like to see but I think it's within the realms of possibility - especially as you see the big clubs pushing for breakaway leagues.

In the late 80s/early 90s, the best players were in Italy. In the 2000s and since they've been in Spain but to me that shows that money can sway people. If they ever removed their weird communist style draft system and wage caps, the decision to live and play in New York or Los Angeles among other places might be enough to tempt the best players away from Europe. It's not something I'd like to see but I think it's within the realms of possibility - especially as you see the big clubs pushing for breakaway leagues.
Not just the draft system and wage caps, the league's entirely soulless and far too commercial. At least with Italy and Spain throughout the last few decades, the countries are packed full of proper clubs with atmosphere, history and passionate fanbases. I can't see it ever changing from the way it is for most, MLS/China etc as a last paycheck before retirement.

The best players in europe will play in the best leagues. No way are they going to America.

France game was shite. The England game is shite.

Not holding out much hope of the Scotland game being much better.

Been watching the Spain game - has been a good watch. Georgia having a right good go and clearly have some very good players. Spain missing a few of their regulars but as you would expect have good replacements although lacking up front big time.

The one thing I don't get. In fact, I don't even get him as a player in general anyway. Busquets. Now, I know this guy has ability, he can be a very good player. However, I don't think I've ever watched a game with Barcelona or Spain where he has offered anything to the team at all. He just appears to be f**king pointless in every single game he plays. Even if he is a good player I have absolutely NO doubt that Barcelona could do so much better than him and Spain certainly could. They probably have a massive amount of midfield players that would do a better job than him - he just spends the entire game fouling people or lying on the ground after a dive. Shame, when he focusses on football he can be very good.

Been watching the Spain game - has been a good watch. Georgia having a right good go and clearly have some very good players. Spain missing a few of their regulars but as you would expect have good replacements although lacking up front big time.

The one thing I don't get. In fact, I don't even get him as a player in general anyway. Busquets. Now, I know this guy has ability, he can be a very good player. However, I don't think I've ever watched a game with Barcelona or Spain where he has offered anything to the team at all. He just appears to be f**king pointless in every single game he plays. Even if he is a good player I have absolutely NO doubt that Barcelona could do so much better than him and Spain certainly could. They probably have a massive amount of midfield players that would do a better job than him - he just spends the entire game fouling people or lying on the ground after a dive. Shame, when he focusses on football he can be very good.

Busquets is a bit past it now but for years he was the best in his position in the world and crucial to Barcelona

Cheating bastard but excellent player

Back