Sunday's football

Obviously not because we’re in the same competition as them… It doesn’t take a genius to realise why you want your rivals to go far in competitions your team are not in because of the effect that fatigue can have.

For instance Pep, whilst disappointed to not be in the Carabao Cup Final is probably quite pleased Liverpool are because it’s another domestic fixture for them to handle.

This isn’t a novel concept. It’s also not hard to fathom so your shock at this outlook is a little OTT.

Quite simply the farther they go and more games they play, the likelier they are to incur injuries and fatigue and therefore drop points in the league. Yes we know they have strengthened their squad but they are reliant on a group of about four or five players to win them tight games.

If they crash out against Bodo and play one game a week for the bulk of the remainder of the season, they simply won’t drop many points.

History has told us on many occasions that when Rangers or Celtic go far in Europe the harder it becomes for them to win league games.

In the 2002/03 season, Celtic made the UEFA Cup final. Who won the league?

In 2007/08, Rangers made the UEFA Cup final. Who won the league?

We’ve already seen fixtures postponed and winter break brought forward to assist 1 team who had an injury crisis and allowed them to bring in new players during a transfer window. Coincidently we lost our best player and if Nigeria hadn’t massively underperformed would have lost another of our best for more fixtures.

Compare that to our fixtures at the end of 07/08. If that lot goes far there is no way they will have the backlog that we had to deal with. Any advantage we could potentially get would be eradicated by the spfl via various rearrangements.

Is James Madison massively overrated? He's been pretty poor this season but to me he seems to fancy himself as a bit of a player without regularly backing it up.

He's not done much in this game and hasn't been involved in Leicester's best moments. Seems like the sort who will score a great free kick every once in a while and consider himself the new Beckham.

Didn't watch their game but based on the comments it seems their game against us shamefully remains their easiest of the season...

Obviously not because we’re in the same competition as them… It doesn’t take a genius to realise why you want your rivals to go far in competitions your team are not in because of the effect that fatigue can have.

For instance Pep, whilst disappointed to not be in the Carabao Cup Final is probably quite pleased Liverpool are because it’s another domestic fixture for them to handle.

This isn’t a novel concept. It’s also not hard to fathom so your shock at this outlook is a little OTT.

Quite simply the farther they go and more games they play, the likelier they are to incur injuries and fatigue and therefore drop points in the league. Yes we know they have strengthened their squad but they are reliant on a group of about four or five players to win them tight games.

If they crash out against Bodo and play one game a week for the bulk of the remainder of the season, they simply won’t drop many points.

History has told us on many occasions that when Rangers or Celtic go far in Europe the harder it becomes for them to win league games.

In the 2002/03 season, Celtic made the UEFA Cup final. Who won the league?

In 2007/08, Rangers made the UEFA Cup final. Who won the league?

It’s the Carabao Cup (!) while his team goes for the Premiership title and the Champions League, while also putting out very strong sides in the FA Cup. It’s hardly a reasonable comparison.

2002/2003 we won the League by one goal. Europe didn’t impact the season.

It’s also naive to believe the authorities wouldn’t assist in the fixture congestion if there are similarities to 2008.

Success brings confidence and momentum. That’s what you want to halt.

Stephen McLean another ref who got the SFA memo : ' You shalt not for Season 2021/22 award any penalty kick Against Celtic Football Club at Celtic Park, , when the match score is tight'.. ....Stonewall claim for Raith first half Carter Vickers who got away with a blatant push on a Dundee Utd player in the penalty area earlier in the season at Celtic Park, this time motions his arm to the ball to defend it, Mclean must have a great view of it, it was not blind side.
Barsteward done me out of £200.00 I had a £55 double on over 1.5 goals at Annan & the piggery in the first half.
Okay the Raith player needs to score he could have missed Hart could have saved thats fair enough however that fact is we will never know.
Second half game virtually over he manages to spot a Raith player handling/using an arm, but cautions a team mate in error and missing out on a second yellow/red.

2-2, Dawson scores.

Not sure if this will be given, it goes in off the top of his arm.... given. Rightfully so.

Dawson equalises for West Ham. Question of handball. The 'sleeve' rule seemed to come into it which I'm not sure I'm totally on board with.

Fucking hell. I’m generally of the opinion that Clancy aside, our refs are just terrible, but have to say this is starting to look really sinister.

It’s every game. I’m not one for blaming referees but it’s blatantly obvious what’s going on.

No other league like it.

It’s every game. I’m not one for blaming referees but it’s blatantly obvious what’s going on.

No other league like it.
It’s the fact we’re talking about stonewall penalty kicks, not ones where there’s a little grey area that can be left open to interpretation. Between that and a few crucial offside goals it’s stinking tbh. I know marginal offside errors can happen, but why is it always for and so rarely against them?

It’s the fact we’re talking about stonewall penalty kicks, not ones where there’s a little grey area that can be left open to interpretation. Between that and a few crucial offside goals it’s stinking tbh. I know marginal offside errors can happen, but why is it always for and so rarely against them?

We all know why. Those wee letters/emails Bankier sends are working a treat.

It’s corrupt to the core.

We all know why. Those wee letters/emails Bankier sends are working a treat.

It’s corrupt to the core.
At the very least, referees (maybe even subconsciously) give them the benefit because they don’t want to be harassed, bullied and dragged over hot coals the way they tend to be when Celtic don’t win. But I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it’s more blatant than that. I mean Kevin Clancy is clearly a cheat with absolute no morals.

In what way? I mean I think you’re talking pish tbh. Considering his heart issues and his age I think he looks really good, and looks and sounds the same as he has done over the course of the last year or two at least.

The dick that is the presenter followed that up by saying we don’t know what’s going on with Zouma. He could have something wrong with him:oops:

They've had at least 8-10 different matches in which massive game-changing decisions have went their way,and never against them. We would laugh at such open cheating in other countries.
That’s before we talk about games being PP for their benefit also

The dick that is the presenter followed that up by saying we don’t know what’s going on with Zouma. He could have something wrong with him:oops:
Biggest embarrassment was his team mate comparing it to racism I'm done with it rules for people who have money and if you dont have money your fucked,social media the death of the modern world ,same week Alex bellfield gets a 90 day ban from you tube for speaking the truth!and this cretin kicks a fkn cat up in the air and people are defending him ,what a wonderful image for a footballer hes a fkn bully ,pity souness wasntstill playing ,and in case anybody missed the point Souness stated THEY put it on so ial media because they thought it was funny, fk me something wrong with him yes hes an overpaid bully!

Back