Sunday's football

Yes. And we’re 1pt behind.

All season, though, we’ve heard the same things on FF yet it’s not actually happened. I thought their Japanese players would be too knackered to contribute…

There’s also this odd desire for them to win in Europe.
Never said I want them to win in Europe I said if they go a few rounds.

Do you want them to win today as well? After all, it means more games.

What a weird outlook. Success brings confidence.

Players want to play, not train. Match fitness/sharpness comes from playing not a week of training.

Our best spells come with regular games.

How far are you cheering them on: quarters, semis, the final!?
If it was down to me I’d have them go all the way to the semis in the ECL and get knocked out on penalties. A hard 120 minutes on a Thursday possibly followed an away league game on Sunday would have me pretty confident of dropped points.

I want things to get hard for them and fixture congestion could do it. Their manager openly spoke before Christmas about how their schedule playing two games a week was difficult for him to deal with it. He branded a normal league and European campaign fixture list as “ridiculous”.

Believe me, if they go far in Europe and we end up playing just one game a week, there is a massive advantage in our favour. I don’t think we’d drop any points at all playing one game a week. Just look at our European campaign when we made the final against Zenit and how it impacted on our domestic form.

Sounds like Michael Stewart wants to have Jota's children.
Watched 30 mins of them there and makes our loss to them feel worse as I genuinely do not think they are as good as some of the media will try and have us believe.
Match their intensity next time Rangers, get in aboot them and put them back in their place.

No criticism from me mate.

I wouldn’t necessarily go out my way to watch their game but if I wasn’t doing anything and it was on the tele/didn’t clash then I will.
The only Time I ever see "them" and that really Gives me the boak having to look at those scum b'astards is when they're playing us.

Staunch or what?:))

I admit I watch the majority of there games. Unless I’m at one of our games. FF can slag me for that if they want
Jota is there best player it’s not even close. He’s everything I wish kent could be
You deserve the most horrific pelters here Sammy the Snake.

At least try to be incognito when you’re infiltrating this board.

If it was down to me I’d have them go all the way to the semis in the ECL and get knocked out on penalties. A hard 120 minutes on a Thursday possibly followed an away league game on Sunday would have me pretty confident of dropped points.

I want things to get hard for them and fixture congestion could do it. Their manager openly spoke before Christmas about how their schedule playing two games a week was difficult for him to deal with it. He branded a normal league and European campaign fixture list as “ridiculous”.

Believe me, if they go far in Europe and we end up playing just one game a week, there is a massive advantage in our favour. I don’t think we’d drop any points at all playing one game a week. Just look at our European campaign when we made the final against Zenit and how it impacted on our domestic form.

Mental.

You’ll notice that the winter break was brought forward, transfer rules relaxed, 5 subs reintroduced and they’ve strengthened their squad. I doubt he’ll have the same complaints.

You’ll also notice how we had 2 weeks off and came back to drop significant points.

Were you cheering them on today?

We’re getting Tims at parkhead or Hibs at Easter road next, spoiler alert

More likely to be Tims though

Ricardo buries a header into the top corner for Leicester.

Turned it around from 1-0 down and looking dead and buried to winning the game

Sums up Scottish football and is utterly ridiculous we need to wait until Monday night about 10pm for the quarter final draw.

Mental.

You’ll notice that the winter break was brought forward, transfer rules relaxed, 5 subs reintroduced and they’ve strengthened their squad. I doubt he’ll have the same complaints.

You’ll also notice how we had 2 weeks off and came back to drop significant points.

Were you cheering them on today?
Obviously not because we’re in the same competition as them… It doesn’t take a genius to realise why you want your rivals to go far in competitions your team are not in because of the effect that fatigue can have.

For instance Pep, whilst disappointed to not be in the Carabao Cup Final is probably quite pleased Liverpool are because it’s another domestic fixture for them to handle.

This isn’t a novel concept. It’s also not hard to fathom so your shock at this outlook is a little OTT.

Quite simply the farther they go and more games they play, the likelier they are to incur injuries and fatigue and therefore drop points in the league. Yes we know they have strengthened their squad but they are reliant on a group of about four or five players to win them tight games.

If they crash out against Bodo and play one game a week for the bulk of the remainder of the season, they simply won’t drop many points.

History has told us on many occasions that when Rangers or Celtic go far in Europe the harder it becomes for them to win league games.

In the 2002/03 season, Celtic made the UEFA Cup final. Who won the league?

In 2007/08, Rangers made the UEFA Cup final. Who won the league?

Thought Harvey Barnes was still a young prospect, he's 24 now fs. Some nice wing play from him last 15 minutes though, looks top class.

Just for clarity since my comment went down a storm I’m purely basing this on this season alone in terms of changing a game/vital goals . Kent can be thst player but so far this season he ain’t showing it
Or you could just say you made a lady's front bottom if it

Draw happening next . I would love to play them . That deviant commentator “ the most successful team in the completion, and currrntly sitting at top of the pile in the SPFL table”.
Desperate , camp, journalism .
Can’t wait to force them all back in their pink boxes .

And the white seat covers are needed for what reason? They could have their pick of the joint to cover empty seats
I assume to stop them congregating in their fav wee corner and make a wee statement to TV viewers how strict they are. We all know what a sham it is BTW.

Draw happening next . I would love to play them . That deviant commentator “ the most successful team in the completion, and currrntly sitting at top of the pile in the SPFL table”.
Draw not tomorrow night?

Draw is tomorrow after Dundee game

Back