Sundays game weather watch

Could be problems ahead for the game tomorrow as currently there is a forecast warning of around an inch of rain to fall in Glasgow between 1pm & 4pm.

Get yer oilskins oot.
Surely 1 inch of rain is nothing over 3 hours?

The pitch will be fine, unlike a couple of seasons ago.
I remember the game against Livi, when folk in hospitality pre game were getting pelters on here saying the game will be called off because of the rain.
Was horrendous rain that day mind you.

Could be problems ahead for the game tomorrow as currently there is a forecast warning of around an inch of rain to fall in Glasgow between 1pm & 4pm.

Get yer oilskins oot.

Nae bother Sean :D

Sean%20Batty.jpg

I’m row H in the Govan Front, so it all depends what way the wind is blowing if I get drenched or I’m ok!

There was one game about 20 years ago, can’t remember who it was against, but it just pished down the entire time with the wind swirling in, got drenched.

Another time about 30 years ago at Rugby Park was the same, it was the last year of their old terracing before they built their new stadium

I’m row H in the Govan Front, so it all depends what way the wind is blowing if I get drenched or I’m ok!

There was one game about 20 years ago, can’t remember who it was against, but it just pished down the entire time with the wind swirling in, got drenched.

Another time about 30 years ago at Rugby Park was the same, it was the last year of their old terracing before they built their new stadium
That game at Rugby Park was horrible.

We left at half time and went to the pub.

You could barely see the goal at our end never mind the other side of the park.

Headed to our bus after the game and the streets were flooded because the river bust its banks.

I was govan front at one point. Im sure it was Dynamo Kiev or AEK Athens.

Think it may have been the Kiev game. Absoluteltly soaked. But well worth it.

Never noticed going home damp, wet, and over the moon.

Similar going to Arbroath. :))

I wonder how many on this thread were at Ibrox Stadium, September 1985 against Atletico Oasasuna, now that’s what you call rain!!!

Noah’s Ark Loyal
Main stand section F, can still feel the rain running down behindmy collar today. I promise you Scotland v Peru 1979 maybe, even worse than Osasuna. That taught me a lesson about going to the Celtic end!!

I walked from the high flats at the corner of Edmiston Drive, me and 2 of my uncles left my grans flat…19 up!! We got to the bottom and started to walk towards the game, they didn’t even venture from the sanctuary of the flats concourse, but the bold BRP started to swim, oops sorry walk to see my team, I had just turned 21 at the start of August but I was determined to be there, Copland Rear….
Submarine Loyal….

Dundee Utd? I was in Copland Front that day

Back