Sundays game weather watch

It was really pissin doon at Hampden when Davie Robertson got sent off after 6 minutes against the scum.
The dye was pissin out of the Addis shell suit that was all the rage.
But all this was forgotten as super put us ahead to win the game

A week later you could tell who was a Rangers supporter as everyone looked like a Smurf because of the blue dye on their skin

When I was young, it was taught to me
Of the forecast
And heavy rain in this vicinity
It was wet as wet could be
Fans wore raincoats - and even some
Went to extremes
They held up brollies as they watched their team
The rain at RFC
Na ha na na na
Environmentalists have ruined the age old custom of wearing a poly bag at the football when there was heavy rain.

That game at Rugby Park was horrible.

We left at half time and went to the pub.

You could barely see the goal at our end never mind the other side of the park.

Headed to our bus after the game and the streets were flooded because the river bust its banks.
Also circa 93/94, 94/95…a Gary Stevens double at Fir Park…..4-2 to the famous

The weather forecast is not nearly as bad as it was a couple of days ago!!

I’m looking forward to it!!

The Livi game that got rained off - we did a PRW crawl instead, as we didn't want to just go straight back on the supporters bus for a wasted trip.

Found some boy face down in a puddle of PRW. Was lost from his Dad and his bus. Didn't believe us the game was cancelled. His bus was probably off home.

The weather forecast is not nearly as bad as it was a couple of days ago!!

I’m looking forward to it!!
Latest forecast is the worst rain is to hammer it down bang on kickoff. By that point we will all be cosy under the Ibrox stands.

I wouldn’t worry too much some of our greatest games have been played in downpours.

Pitch should be fine.

Last edited:
The last time we beat a Spanish team in Europe before Betis was v Osasuna in 1985, that was proper rain, i watched a bit of it on youtube a cracking Paterson header won it.

Subway queue will be fun at full time

Screenshot-20230924-105421.png

See if it s coming down and the pitch is soaking and we are three up with ten mins to go .....ref (a tim what else) blows his whistle and abandons the game.
Reason was for the safety of the players ...and instructions from SPL and Scottish Goverment.

I’m row H in the Govan Front, so it all depends what way the wind is blowing if I get drenched or I’m ok!

There was one game about 20 years ago, can’t remember who it was against, but it just pished down the entire time with the wind swirling in, got drenched.

Another time about 30 years ago at Rugby Park was the same, it was the last year of their old terracing before they built their new stadium
I remember that game at rugby park. Pissed off at half time as I could hardly see the game with the rain blowing right into our faces.

I remember that game at rugby park. Pissed off at half time as I could hardly see the game with the rain blowing right into our faces.
Yeah that was one of the wettest days I can ever remember, I think the new Rugby Park may have been half built at the time…….just not the area behind the goal where we were which was still open terrace.

So is there a genuine threat to the game if the forrcast is accurate
No. When the rain hits it will be extremely heavy (for the players :p) but us fans will be nice and dry in the stands. It doesn’t start raining until 3pm give or take a few minutes. It’s to be severe but once the game starts it would be highly unusual for it to be called off.

People panicking about a bit of rain ffs.

That was my first thought.
It’s over a full weeks worth of rain in just over 3 hours. It’s to be severe as highlighted on weather chart for Glasgow and central Scotland.

However the game itself will be fine. Walking home after it it’s worth taking your cagoul

Yeah that was one of the wettest days I can ever remember, I think the new Rugby Park may have been half built at the time…….just not the area behind the goal where we were which was still open terrace.
Yes, it was definitely the old terrace which was further back from the pitch. After spending the first half wiping my eyes, I decided enough was enough. Did it finish 1-0 for us?

Back