Sunderland Til I Die on Netflix

SDF

Better than the Man City one by a mile. It's not even close.

I've watched the first 3 episodes and it's absolutely car crash viewing.

Watching Academy coach Jimmy Sinclair (aye, that one) get to dictate transfer policy to the first team manager as Martin Bain looks on has to be watched through the gaps in your fingers.

As for Bain, it's amazing just how smarmy, smug and throughly dislikeable he comes across even when he's trying to play the good guy routine and just how little responsibility he takes for the shitshow at the club.

Cannot recommend this highly enough.

12 minutes into it and so far we've had either a RC or Anglican Church Service for Sunderland followed by Timmy fans portrayed as jolly craicsters.

And some cliched nonsense about what a proper working class club Sunderland are when they are as corporate as the rest of football.

I'll start it again when I'm not as angry, bitter and twisted.

Looks good in 4k though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only on episode 2 but it’s proper car crash stuff.

Was there not a rumour about Netflix following Gerrrad in his first season as manager? Sure it was BS as it would be something the club would talk up.

Going to binge this at the weekend, looking forward to it. Love some car crash tv.

:)

As good as tv it sounds for outsiders what must it be like for a Sunderland fan? Wonder why the club allowed it to be made knowing it was going to be carnage.

As good as tv it sounds for outsiders what must it be like for a Sunderland fan? Wonder why the club allowed it to be made knowing it was going to be carnage.
I don’t think in there wildest dreams they expected to go down again.

Btw How the feck did they blow all that PL money? And the £30 mil for Pickford and be skint?

Bain's just so thoroughly unlikable.

The opening scene of him in the pool was bad enough but the pose in the boardroom with his watch on display in the forefront of the shot speaks volumes of him.

He's all show and no substance.

Look out for the watches btw. It's like he goes out of his way to show a different one off in each scene

Last edited:
I don’t think in there wildest dreams they expected to go down again.

Btw How the feck did they blow all that PL money? And the £30 mil for Pickford and be skint?

To the operating side of it to pay wages etc from the legacy of over inflated transfers to service the cost of the loans etc

Fulwell 73 are Sunderland fans and the club give permission and have done for this season

Ain't great but maybe the best thing was the double relegation help clear the bad stuff away

2nd time in the club's history that we are playing 3rd tier League football this season

Last edited:
To the operating side of it to pay wages etc from the legacy of over inflated transfers to service the cost of the loans etc
That’s serious mismanagement. And they brought in Bain to turn things round? Jesus

Last edited:
That’s serious mismanagement. And they. Brought in Bain to turn things round? Jesus

Yes it is mismanagement and not the only club to suffer it

How he ended up at Sunderland I have no idea but during his time oversaw cost cuttings like redundancies

Bain comes across as someone who says all the right things but at the end of the day, is just in it for himself.

Bain's just so thoroughly unlikable.

The opening scene of him in the pool was bad enough but the pose in the boardroom with his watch on display in the forefront of the shot speaks volumes of him.

He's all show and no substance.

Look out for the watches btw. It's like he goes out of his way to show a different one off in each scene

I was thinking this, he's a real arse of a guy.

Tries to make it look like he's full of integrity but in his mind it's all him, him, him.

Bain clearly adored being in such a show.. yet is oblivious to what a wanker he is and that the show willfingully let him be a wanker for the sake of entertainment

What a tit

Some of the editing is massively over the top. Losing a friendly to Celtic is lik an RSPCA advert.

I actually don’t think I can bring myself to watch it, sounds like absolute car crash telly. The Man City one at least shows how top pros operate.

Back