Super Ally says "excellent" Rangers will win the title this season

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Rangers idol Ally McCoist was quick to correct his talkSPORT co-host Laura Woods when she got the Ibrox side's Premiership advantage over Celtic badly wrong.

Presumably reading from an error in a script, Woods was introducing a segment on 'how great a job Steven Gerrard is doing with Rangers one point clear of Celtic at the top'.

Sensing something was awry, she said: "One point clear at the top? That's not right is it?"

Quick as a flash, McCoist said: "You've got a one missing, it should be ELEVEN points clear at the top."

Going on to give his assessment of Rangers' title chances, McCoist said he thinks that Steven Gerrard's men WILL win back the title this season.

Working as part of the commentary team for the 4-0 Premiership win over Aberdeen yesterday, McCoist couldn't help but be impressed with a Gers side who were able to rest quality like Glen Kamara and Steven Davis.

Asked if this is the season Rangers will win back the title, he said: "Yes.

"It is very early in the season and Celtic are too good a side not to come back and show a little bit of form.

"They are just struggling to get going at this moment in time.

"They had a 3-3 draw at Aberdeen and a 2-2 draw at Hibs but the bigger worry for Celtic rather than dropping points at these places would be the form of Rangers.

"Because they have been absolutely excellent."

"It is impossible NOT to be impressed by how Rangers are looking at this moment in time.

"Of course there is a long way to come and there is definitely improvement to come in Celtic.

"But it is very difficult to remain level headed and keep your feet on the ground."

He gets a bad rep from some Bears but McCoist in general is so positive and enthusiastic about Rangers, he’s a walking, talking PR dream for the club.
Exactly

My maw when I was younger loved him and watched the games even though she had no real interest in football.

The mrs now loves his stories on YouTube and says she could listen to him all day.

He is a very likeable guy and talks positively about Rangers all the time.

He isn’t called Super for nothing

0-E53653-B-261-A-4-AB4-B37-B-1-B0652-F215-BA.jpg

From a fan’s point of view it’s difficult not to get over confident about winning the league. I’m glad though the players and management team are keeping their feet firmly on the ground.
We may, or may not, hit a bump in the road on the way. We as fans just have to hold our nerves if it does.

He’s bang on and there’s absolutely nothing to suggest that our form will dip. We have a squad of players all desperate to play, the standards should remain high.

There was nothing to suggest our form would dip last season but it and drastically.

One step at a time, the more we win and they more they drop points we can then start to believe a bit more but just now its 23 games away, that is a lot of games

I am way too nervous to say its done.

The good thing is we are not really starting to pick up consistent form, in the sense we are now steam rolling teams as well as not conceding:

We come through this next round of games and I will be very confident. 3 out of 4 are away games if I remember correctly.

Dundee Utd and St Johnstone will be tough.

That will see us to Christmas I think?

Love Ally but I don't really want to be hearing this stuff right now - it can only motivate the opposition. Let's just focus on the next game and make sure no complacency creeps in. We're doing great but no prizes are given out in November.

The good thing is we are not really starting to pick up consistent form, in the sense we are now steam rolling teams as well as not conceding:

We come through this next round of games and I will be very confident. 3 out of 4 are away games if I remember correctly.

Dundee Utd and St Johnstone will be tough.

That will see us to Christmas I think?

Not getting at you but why would dundee utd or st johnstone away be tough? Maybe I'm getting to confident but I see these as routine 3 points. If the crowds were in especially at Tannadice then I agree it would be tricky. I just think we are looking so good we will pick up the points

The great thing now is there's no internationals til March so no disruptions to the team's form and no winter break means the team can really go for it.
To be fair mate, the international games have done us no harm and that to me is another good sign.

They really shouldn't effect us as I get the feeling this lot are happy to get back together after the breaks.

If you have a happy settled squad, it goes a long way and considering we have strengh in depth, who are happy to play their part is noticable.

This is no dig at morelos, but it's always a good thing not having to depend on one man for goals.

To be fair mate, the international games have done us no harm and that to me is another good sign.

They really shouldn't effect us as I get the feeling this lot are happy to get back together after the breaks.

If you have a happy settled squad, it goes a long way and considering we have strengh in depth, who are happy to play their part is noticable.

This is no dig at morelos, but it's always a good thing not having to depend on one man for goals.
That's what's great this year,that the whole team are chipping in with goals from the guys at the back right throughout the team and what a difference a strong bench makes as well. I'm glad we've got that game out of the way to get us back into our stride. The way we're playing,you can't wait til the next game. Having no interruptions means the players can totally focus with nothing to hinder us and if anything we'll gain even more momentum.

Last edited:
Back