Superstore Now Open - All Questions and Initial Thoughts and Experience Here

Stevanovski1984

What’s the situation with kids
I’ve got slot booked at 1 but do I really need to leave my wee boy outside when I also want to get him to pick stuff?

is he allowed in with me ???

I’ve booked another slot for him later just incase but surely kids must be allowed in with parents

I’m sure it will depend on numbers involved. If, for example, they are allowed 25 in the shop and only 1 parent turns up with two kids then it’s potentially 27. If all 25 turn up with two kids it’s potentially 75. Huge difference.

As with everything COVID, a bit of common sense will be required.

AH I am glad I have stumbled on the next rage fest for tomorrow! On that note I never actually got a "ticket" I take it showing them my phone and having my My Gers card will do

They won't make you leave young kids outside the shop mate. You will be fine.

They will have a figure for how many are allowed in the shop at a time. They won’t exceed that. So it will be entirely dependent upon how many of those with a given time slot are in the shop at once. Some will be in and out in 15 minutes, others will take their full half hour.

Can someone give details of the shop opening time’s for non mygers members.Im a mygers members but wasn’t bothering about going over right away but my neighbour wants to get over at the first opportunity.I said Friday I think but not to sure.Any help here?

The club won't let a grown adult leave small children outside, away from their parents.
Probably right about the numbers being allowed in, but if the OP turns up at 1pm and 25 people are in, they will simply ask them to wait a few mins until they can go in.
Some commonsense will be used.

100% parents will get in with kids.

That’s exactly what I’ve said - over two posts now. The parents need to use common sense as well though. If everyone turns up with two kids in tow, it’s not happening. More likely, as you suggest, they might have to stand outside and wait until the numbers diminish enough to let them enter. The parents need to be sensible about that as well - and hope it’s not raining.

I’ve got slot booked at 1 but do I really need to leave my wee boy outside when I also want to get him to pick stuff?

I’ve booked another slot for him later just incase but surely kids must be allowed in with parents
I have a slot for myself and my son but we are both My Gers members

Can someone give details of the shop opening time’s for non mygers members.Im a mygers members but wasn’t bothering about going over right away but my neighbour wants to get over at the first opportunity.I said Friday I think but not to sure.Any help here?
Friday,Saturday and Sunday are open from 10-7 for everyone,mate.

The club won't let a grown adult leave small children outside, away from their parents.
Probably right about the numbers being allowed in, but if the OP turns up at 1pm and 25 people are in, they will simply ask them to wait a few mins until they can go in.
Some commonsense will be used.

100% parents will get in with kids.
Not really fair to all the MyGers members who couldn’t get a ticket if everyone who did get a ticket rocks up with a couple of extra people and expects to get in.
Four of us would like to attend but only managed to get two tickets.

I've got two tickets for 2pm but can't now go at that time. Anybody need tickets, or want to swap for a later slot?

Not really fair to all the MyGers members who couldn’t get a ticket if everyone who did get a ticket rocks up with a couple of extra people and expects to get in.
Four of us would like to attend but only managed to get two tickets.

This

ex
I've got two tickets for 2pm but can't now go at that time. Anybody need tickets, or want to swap for a later slot?
I don’t think you pyshicially get a ticket mate? I’m booked in for 2pm tomorrow and I assumed you take your My Gers cards to the door and they check you in?

Not sure how the club will handle this as clearly those attending with young children can’t be expected to leave them outside on their own. On the other hand if a large number attend with children who don’t have their own ticket then allowing the children to enter and with the restrictions on numbers within this could impact greatly on other supporters who have tickets.

This is from the email publicising the store opening and the requirement for a ticket to enter.

“We anticipate that fan demand to visit the store on opening day will be extremely high so with supporter safety in mind during these times, entry to the store on day one will only be available to supporters who have accessed a complimentary advanced store entry ticket.

As a MyGers Member, you have first access to these complimentary tickets which will be available HERE from 12pm today, Friday 31st July. Please note, tickets are limited and will be allocated on a first come basis. One ticket permits entry for ONE supporter.“

It may very well be that the club expected parents to either arrange for a ticket for any children they wished to bring along or to not bring them at all.

Just leave yer wean in the car if you can’t leave them at home.

How long you going to be in there for? Max half an hour.

What if that's not an option?

Then maybe give it a miss.

You would be taking a gamble that the numbers are low enough at some point in your time slot to permit entry for an additional person. It really is that simple. If numbers are limited to a specific figure, as is certain, then they won’t go above that figure, child or not. I’m not sure the odds are good. As it says above - one ticket, one person.

Mr mulgrew how nice of you to join us
There’s not going to be sub zero temperatures tomorrow mate.

I was left in the car as a child while my mum went into the shop for 15-20 mins.

The car park is literally 20 yards from the front door of the shop.

In the current scenario, there needs to be some understanding from fans.

The club are in a hard position here, I can’t see how anyone turns up with one ticket and expects to get in with two or three kids.

I wouldn’t be using it as a stick with which to beat the club.

Guesswork from me because the club haven’t said anything but as it’s going to be limited numbers in store my guess would be a check in/register system at the door showing your MyGers card as the club know who’s attending anyway.

I’m lucky enough to be the the first session so I’ll post in this thread what the story is for others going later on.

The club are in a hard position here, I can’t see how anyone turns up with one ticket and expects to get in with two or three kids.

you just know it will happen.

the capacity will be restricted. If everyone turns up with a kid or two, the whole thing will be a farce. But it won’t be the clubs fault.

There’s not going to be sub zero temperatures tomorrow mate.

I was left in the car as a child while my mum went into the shop for 15-20 mins.

The car park is literally 20 yards from the front door of the shop.
Don't get yer knickers in a twist mate just jokes.

What time does it open my mates asking?

He’s just going to chance it with his 3 kids as he is just back from Spain and still on furlough and wants out the house.

Unless he has a ticket for himself and all 3 kids he is not going to get in tomorrow. If they all have MyGers memberships but don’t have tickets then he can get in after 6pm.

Can’t stress this enough and he won’t want to end up having disappointed kids.

Friday it is open to everyone.

The shop is open from Friday,with extended opening hours,including all weekend (10-7)for folk who missed out on the tickets for tomorrow.

What time does it open my mates asking?

He’s just going to chance it with his 3 kids as he is just back from Spain and still on furlough and wants out the house.
He can go Friday or over the weekend,the shop has extended the opening hours.
Just back from Spain and he wants out the house ;) :)

Back