Supporters own chartered flights for Euro aways

tCIFrM.gif

Inverness True Blues chartered flight in 07 to girona for Barcelona. It was carnage on the plane remember taking own carryout, stewardess tried stopping us then when they back turned half the plane starting cracking open tins.

Coming back bad weather in Inverness. Pilot tried landing on 3 occasion, eventually landed the whole plane starting singing "The Pilot knew".

And sniffer dogs coming back everyone search bar 1, a gentleman called gordy lapsly managed to sneak through customs with a sombrero and a huge box on his shoulders with tobacco written over side.
We were on it too, I remember the weather being hellish at Inverness with us coming in sideways and doing a go around, there was talk we'd be diverting to Glasgow too, we had originally booked with Roddy's block booking from Glasgow, he ended up getting so many bookings Sport Options put on a plane for him, so instead of being picked up on the way to Glasgow we had to run a bus up to Inverness for our 25, we left Camelon at midnight and were in the Portland club for 4am, Sport Options paid half of our coach hire too as they couldn't rebook us on a Glaagow flight once the Inverness flight was arranged.
I've still got the flight tickets for it!

I got a quote for Leipzig out of interest after seeing what CTM priced theirs at, 189 seater £250 PP Glasgow to Leipzig, no doubt there would have been some sort of hidden costs etc aswell though, leave it for someone that knows what they're doing I guess :))
Willie Mackay Airlines ?

There's no one size fits price you can give for a plane charter because a 2 hour flight to Warsaw will have different costs than a 2 hour flight to Porto, different taxes and fees.

Then you need to factor in the empty slots (where the flight before landed, to Glasgow and where its going back to for parking)

What I do know is a 2.5 hour flight in December could cost you somewhere between 18k-22k for the plane itself add on say another 5k for fees. The exact same route and scheduling on May 17th would be 2x+ the cost.

What about chartering a boat?

Greenock to Malaga booze cruise picking up in Stranraer.
That’s a good shout. Would you go clockwise or anti-clockwise round the uk though.

I guess it would have to be anti clockwise if there was a pick up in Stranraer

That’s a good shout. Would you go clockwise or anti-clockwise round the uk though.

I guess it would have to be anti clockwise if there was a pick up in Stranraer
Probably anti clockwise.

Might want to start in Stornaway though and could add an Oban pick up.

I was involved with such things back in 1990s going to CL away games with a friend of friend charting planes for fans.

Couple of issues - what happens to plane for 48 hours while fans are at match and staying 1 night or 2? Logistically plane shouldnt leave empty, but it cant sit 48 hours paying fees at an airport terminal.

And securing match tickets as ideally its a package deal. Guy I knew father ran a travel agency who were sponsors at Ibrox and seemed easy to get paws on 200 match tickets, and ofcourse easy to get a block booking at a hotel with industry contacts.

Fans could do themselves, but lets be honest its unlikely BA, Virgin etc are going to rent a plane to 200 possible pissed football fans.

If we get to Seville I would expect one of the bigger airlines to put on special flights

I think EasyJet or Ryanair have done so in the past when Liverpool got to a European final

Right, so Stornoway, Oban, Greenock, Stranraer, Belfast, Malaga (via a place well known as the rock) on a ship called bigotry.

Back