TalkSPORT- Steven Gerrard speculation

Gerrard will attract players that we would never have a chance of getting otherwise, the flipside to that is he hasnt managed before.

I would rather have better players in my squad than lesser players but i understand fully the concerns over inexperience, its a huge gamble but my feeling is the investment is only coming because its Gerrard and he will have wolrdwide exposure.

We cant have another public humiliation here

In Gerrard we're not hiring a manager worth is salt anyway so you've nothing to worry about either way.

Your missing the point. The fact the rails have came off so late in the game would be a worry for any new manager. The fact the whole world is following the Gerrard story would be a catastrophe. I still think SG will sign but don’t kid yourself on our board wouldn’t look like even more of a basket case than they already are if he did knock us back

tumblr_ltyiqcsyR11qcuqfe.jpg

Well played sir...... my coffee has just went all over the place

You do wonder where the board would turn to next if this one blows up in our face.

Can we really expect them to suddenly come to their senses and go out to get a proper manager with an proper CV?

Or would it more likely be off cap in hand to see Alex Neil?
If the investment rumours are true, that wouldn't be difficult. It would make more sense than handing millions to a rookie

You do wonder where the board would turn to next if this one blows up in our face.

Can we really expect them to suddenly come to their senses and go out to get a proper manager with an proper CV?

Or would it more likely be off cap in hand to see Alex Neil?
I dread to think what would happen. Probably an offer to increase Murty’s wage and keep him in the job.

If the investment rumours are true, that wouldn't be difficult. It would make more sense than handing millions to a rookie

That’s the bit that’s got me stumped.

If there’s going to be a big transfer kitty, isn’t that the point you get yourself an experienced manager to spend it?

Surely that would have helped attract someone with a decent strike rate?

That’s the bit that’s got me stumped.

If there’s going to be a big transfer kitty, isn’t that the point you get yourself an experienced manager to spend it?

Surely that would have helped attract someone with a decent strike rate?

I would imagine that it is MA that drives player recruitment for the most part.

Is that tweet doing the rounds about his U18 record real? It’s piss poor if true
While oil clubs with no real history try to legitimise themselves by winning under 18 leagues, the priority at Liverpool is developing players and moving them up the ranks to the first team. Several players have been moved up already under Gerrard to the under 21’s/23’s, weakening the under 18’s squad at his disposal.

Are thy not 3rd in the lague and got to the 1/4s of the euro cup ?

I could be wrong but im sure thats what i read.

Yup, 2nd at one stage. Man City put them out 1/4 of Euros. Don't know what Tweet is being referred too.

inverse-crest.svg

Manchester United U-18 22 15 3 4 65 33 32 48
inverse-crest.svg

Man City U-18 22 13 3 6 58 34 24 42
inverse-crest.svg

Liverpool U-18 22 11 5 6 50 35 15 38
inverse-crest.svg

Stoke City U-18 22 11 4 7 49 34 15 37
inverse-crest.svg

Everton U-18 22 11 4 7 51 41 10 37

Basically wants us to guarantee throwing a lot of money on this gamble, that worked really well last summer. No thanks from me.

The move appears to be on but still not confirmed as Gerrard needs more assurances regarding investment at his disposal. More talks this week according to Murphy

If the board allowed this to leak in the first place without having him tied down they can get to phuck. Between them and the players they are making fools of us.

Basically wants us to guarantee throwing a lot of money on this gamble, that worked really well last summer. No thanks from me.

do you think an experienced manager will come in and want buttons to spend
EVERY manager we could appoint will need and want funds to clear this shitshow out

So what did Danny Murphy say on talksport?
Been saying all weekend that it's not as done a deal as people here think it is.

Offer the Liverpool assistant the Rangers job then, he is dying to be a manager and is actually thought to be the brains behind Klopp.

I am not fan of either DM or our board, but to be fair the board, who in their right mind would have thought DM would turn us down, especially in the last minutes of the deal being done. Still baffles me, but glad he did, even though we are at a low atm, it is still a bullet dodged!
s
Totally agree with that, didn't want him in the first place, just hope we learned from that.

do you think an experienced manager will come in and want buttons to spend
EVERY manager we could appoint will need and want funds to clear this shitshow out

Of course, so if we are going to throw money at it I'd rather the manager had some experience.

Why would he come on national radio to say anything about it at all then.

cos its a big story, they want people to listen so they bring in a friend of Gerrard and people listen to see if he confirms it

can you see Steven Gerrard saying to Murphy - "yeah i signed the contract, gonna go on talksport and announce it for me?"

The move appears to be on but still not confirmed as Gerrard needs more assurances regarding investment at his disposal. More talks this week according to Murphy
So, the same information we heard on Friday then

Love this place. You get this on the radio and other folk on here claiming it’s all signed and people already moving up. Why folk believe anything from anyone that posts here is bizarre. So many times now the ITK crowd have got it spectacularly wrong:

Weiss signing (where is Cwoodloyal these days)
Mcleish being manager
Mccinnes being manager
Folk claiming the next manager would “definitely be Dutch”
Warnock next manager with “shocking” assistant manager
Now Gerrard has definitely signed (or has he)

It’s all good chat - i enjoy the rumours but people believing it are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Next big one is we’re getting 20-30m investment to spend. Love it

How can it take this long to get “assurances” though?

Surely we already know what next season’s budget is. If we are looking for more investment to support a bigger budget that probably gives Gerrard his answer.

Get in a room, get the questions answered one way or another and move forwards in a direction.

This is getting beyond a joke now.

We do seem rather shite at not keeping quiet when we should and keeping quiet when we shouldn't.

Cluster f**k central.

Take all our mess and roll it into one and it lands at the feet of Dave King and the board. Everything. Absolutely everything.

How can it take this long to get “assurances” though?

Surely we already know what next season’s budget is. If we are looking for more investment to support a bigger budget that probably gives Gerrard his answer.

Get in a room, get the questions answered one way or another and move forwards in a direction.

This is getting beyond a joke now.

Yeah you'd have thought that budgets would be set for next season given we are about to go into
The last couple of weeks of the season.

Initial budgets etc is info the board should probably know with us in the middle of a manager search

Mark Warburton on @5liveSport "If Rangers expect Gerrard to come in and go an smash Celtic next season, win the league and get into Europe straight away then he is under inappropriate pressure."

Like a rapist trolling it's victim.

So what did Danny Murphy say on talksport?
Been saying all weekend that it's not as done a deal as people here think it is.

More talks this week, S G really ambitious - needs assurances re resources to get Rangers back on track.

Jim White trying to guide it towards the possibility of S G becoming Klopp'snew number 2 / 3

Mark Warburton on @5liveSport "If Rangers expect Gerrard to come in and go an smash Celtic next season, win the league and get into Europe straight away then he is under inappropriate pressure."

Like a rapist trolling it's victim.

He's not entirely wrong though. We'll need to give him time , he's a rookie manager , he's going to make mistakes along the way.

Anyone that expects us to get a new team and win the league next season has to be realistic, of course it could happen but this really has to develop over the next 2 seasons and we need to see signs of progress.

We have to start bringing in genuine quality players, the budget has to be spread think because we are constantly bringing in dross that needs replaced.

If that means we only get 3 or 4 genuine quality this summer then the same the next then so be it, i would rather that than bringing in loads of players for 500k 's etc

Its difficult though when most of us want the majority of those players gone.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43941093
He's not entirely wrong though. We'll need to give him time , he's a rookie manager , he's going to make mistakes along the way.

Warburton should know. But let's not forget McCallister is no spring chicken, Took leeds on an unbeaten run of 12, as interim of Villa after Houllier took unwell 3 wins and a draw, wins against Arsenal and Liverpool. Gerrard will have a good people around him and at the end of the phone.

Your missing the point. The fact the rails have came off so late in the game would be a worry for any new manager. The fact the whole world is following the Gerrard story would be a catastrophe. I still think SG will sign but don’t kid yourself on our board wouldn’t look like even more of a basket case than they already are if he did knock us back

You're not wrong on that, I just think SG being manager is actually a bigger risk to our future success on the field than anyone remotely experienced and I would include literally every SPL manager in that. I wont provide examples, as the infants on here will start giving it the “OMG HE'S NOT EVEN IN FIFA” patter, but if Gerrard knocked us back and we ended up with a so called 2nd rate Scottish manager I would be more confident for next season than I am at the moment.

Back