Talksport touting Edouard to Leicester in this window

So say they do get 20 mill for him, (up for debate I know) 18 months left on his deal, bought for 9 million, wages paid, 12 million coming in after PSG get this 40% sell on fee. They would have made fk all on him if my maths is correct. B-D B-)

They have fair turned on Rogers. Refer to him as the Rat. I shouldn’t be surprised at their venom as Tierney gets it too. Might put him off doing any favours.

He is being mentioned for the Chelsea job if Lampard doesn’t improve. Cant see him doing anything except what’s best for Leicester.

He really doesn’t suit the way Leicester play so I’d say this is a non starter.

unless it’s as a back up but I guess that’s what iheanacho is
Correct, Leicester are a good counter attacking side with players who have great pace, like Vardy, and as much as Eduard is a decent player. He’s not that type of player.

You may be correct but Edouard to Leicester is not the most outrageous suggestion. Not having a dig at you but if I'd listened to FF a year ago I'd have been convinced Tierney was destined to be a disaster at Arsenal.
It’s the way off FF, and pretty much any fans forum, that players from rival teams are automatically shite, no matter who they are.

Edouard is clearly a good player, but he has also clearly went in a major huff this season when the beggars refused to sell him in the summer.

It’s worked out well for us as they have been stuck with a player who doesn’t want to be there and I barely trying, and will now get less cash than they would have got had they sold him last summer.

These comments about Edouard almost mirror the Dembele situation :D

He was poor, no chance he’s worth 20 mill and would be found out and all the rest.

Fwiw, Edouard is a superior player to Dembele.

They need the money. Maybe the media will report on their monthly losses at some point.
Let them keep quiet it will come back and bite them and hopefully end up in as horrible a mess as you could hope for. With their wage bill and hopefully big legal compensation bills for the repulsive deeds over the years they covered up see how loyal their fans are because they sure as phuck wont back them the way we backed our club after the way Scottish football tried to kill us off.

Hopefully runs his contract down further and decreases his value before leaving. Easily their best player and would take a large chunk of whatever they bring in to replace.

This season Edouard has scored a goal every 151 minutes and an assist every 528 minutes.

Itten has scored a goal every 107 minutes and an assist every 429 minutes.

Roofe scored a goal every 103 minutes and an assist every 516 minutes.

There are many more variables than I mentioned above, but if Edouard is worth £20m then Itten and Roofe must be worth the same if not more.

I’m not too sure that he would fail mate, he’s brilliant at working himself a yard to get shots away. If he can get fitter than Lennon’s got him, allied to having good, well coached players surrounding him, I reckon he could cut it down there no problem.

He can’t be any worse than Neil Maupay, Chris Wood or Ashley Barnes can he?
A bit harsh on Ashley Barnes. I'd take him at Ibrox definitely.

Heed like a biscuit tin LOL

A little off subject but in my youth the term used was "heed like a thrupenny bit".

Regarding Edouard I think he is a very good player, far more composed finisher and a lot cleverer than our Alfie. Think they might sneak £20m for him but fair to say the transfer market is dead right now.

Last edited:
His contract apparently runs out next year so he will be free to get himself a new deal with no transfer fee due next January

Why would any club pay substantial amounts now for a player with his injury record

Eduard is a really good player and he is young, so long as he makes and is guided properly he will go on to have a really good career, but he never was worth £40 million and they will be lucky to see half of that.

Potential parties will look at his record this year & piss themself laughing with that 20m price tag. you just need to see how quiet it is in England to see clubs are not throwing their money about & players evaluations have dropped since Covid. If the Tims get an offer for 15m they should bite whoever’s willing to pay that money for a guy who’s got 18 months left on his contract.

I want him gone immediately. Regardless of his goal output, If you take Edouard out of the team then they don't win games.

I look at their side and they have five players that can actually change games around and in their favour.

Edouard, Forrest, Turnbull, Christie and Elyounoussi.

I'd go as far to say 80% of their goals have one (or more) of them. Any of them leaving right now cripples them.

they could reinvest the 9m plus the 5/6 million - that could buy a fair few players if they are shrewd

Yes, but the COVID & shite performance impact in 2020/21 has taken their contingency away for the child abuse cases.

Can they afford to spend near to it all ?

Potential parties will look at his record this year & piss themself laughing with that 20m price tag. you just need to see how quiet it is in England to see clubs are not throwing their money about & players evaluations have dropped since Covid. If the Tims get an offer for 15m they should bite whoever’s willing to pay that money for a guy who’s got 18 months left on his contract.

This is where I am too. In this environment 15m is a fair fee.

Vardy confirmed to be out for a few weeks now
Given where Leicester are in the league I’d imagine this might force them into the market. Who they would go for however, is another matter.

I hope he doesn’t go there this window, teams always pay over the odds in January.

This season Edouard has scored a goal every 151 minutes and an assist every 528 minutes.

Itten has scored a goal every 107 minutes and an assist every 429 minutes.

Roofe scored a goal every 103 minutes and an assist every 516 minutes.

There are many more variables than I mentioned above, but if Edouard is worth £20m then Itten and Roofe must be worth the same if not more.
Doesn’t quite work like that haha

He's a good player I would rather not see him line up against us again.

They will not make much on him given the 40% sell on clause.

I don't disagree he's a good player - but i don't think he suits the way Leicester play - they have pace in there front free with Vardy / Barnes / Perez (albrighton) etc) an as much as i don't think Ineacho is a great player - he is pacey and strong - i don't consider Edouard to be quick?

with all that said i am sure if the deal was right Rodgers would take him.
I don't think he's good enough for Leicester but some of the lesser teams in that league he could do a job for.

I don't think he's good enough for Leicester but some of the lesser teams in that league he could do a job for.

he's definitely good enough to play in the premier league - but I don't think he's good enough for a top 6 team at this point in time - that's not to say going forward in 2/3 years he may well be.

he's definitely good enough to play in the premier league - but I don't think he's good enough for a top 6 team at this point in time - that's not to say going forward in 2/3 years he may well be.
Agree, He would have to start a bit lower down and find his feet in that league.

Back