Tam Forsyth has passed away

Very sad to hear this news. Condolences to family and friends. Thank you Tam particularly for that Cup Final winner - my first Old Firm match. What a day in a brilliant career.

RIP big Tam you were before my time, but one of my dads favourite players. Love watching that clip of him scoring the winner in the cup v Celtic. He is a legend of our club and Scottish football. Rest easy

Tam and Colin Jackson were the CH pairing I grew up watching, no nonsense center half. Seemed to be a lovely big fella too.
Sad to see another great Ranger Leave us

I'm genuinely saddened by this news
It's come as really quite a shock

All thoughts with close friends and family
May you rest in peace Tam

You'll always be remembered & appreciated by me

Sad to hear this. One of a generation of stars I grew up with, very much in the tradition of centre backs who played alongside a big man who was good in the air. They tended to be either silky ball players like Bobby Moore or hatchet men like Norman Hunter. Forsyth was a bit of both.

Rarely got up the park to score goals. Apart from an obvious exception.

Only 71, but sounds like he’d been ill?

RIP

Very sad and shocking news about big Tam. A tremendous player and servant for us in the Jock Wallace era and beyond. I was fortunate to be at Motherwell for his Rangers debut and the 1973 Cup Final for his never to be forgotten winner. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Sad sad news. Heartbroken, a real hero of mine and what a legend.
Thoughts with his family.
WATP
The Lord Bless Thee And Keep Thee, Tam.

gentlemen and one of the best defenders I've ever witnessed play for rangers R. I. P

Synonomis with the Jock Wallace era and a great defender, I was fortunate to be at the match when he won us the cup in 1973, condolences to his family.

Back