Tam Forsyth has passed away

Very sad news. Met Tam and David Provan in Manchester, 2008, and the three of us walked up to the stadium together. One of my heroes growing up. Rest in Peace, Sir.

Quite rightly big Tam will always be remembered for that cup final goal in 1973 but that tackle on Mick Channon playing for Scotland against England in 1976 was magnificent.

Does anyone have footage of this tackle as I can’t seem to find it anywhere . Still in shock at Tams passing today .

I am very sad to hear this news. I saw Tom make his debut for us against Motherwell at Fir Park in 1972. We were on a bit of a downer at the time having sold Colin Stein and Willie Johnston. But Tom, Joe Mason and Cutty Young gave us the lift we needed. Tom was the best one-to-one tackler I have ever seen. The only one who matched him as a strong but clean tackler was Bobby Watson. Before he joined us and shortly after Bobby left us I went to a British Cup match at Fir Park to see Motherwell v Tottenham. Spurs had all their top players in the team - Jennings, Mullery, England, Kinnear, Knowles, Chivers, Gilzean, Perryman - but Tom and Bobby strangled them in midfield. I think Tom scored a 30 yarder. Motherwell won.

Very sad news. Was at the end of his career when I started going but his goal in the 73 Cup Final is one of the famous ones.

Awww I’m so sad to here about this, I grew up watching Rangers when big Tam played and he never gave less than 100%

thoughts with the big mans friends and family

Sad news. Would often see him walk round the stadium on matchday with other legends, dressed up ready to enjoy his day with fans in hospitality.

Sad sad news.on my scarf I had a badge that said “jaws eats tims” and he was in the rangers team that I grew up watching.two magical memories that stand out his goal in the 73 cup final and that tackle while playing for Scotland v England at hampden in 76 after tommy Docherty complained about tam keeping Martin Buchanan our of the Scotland team saying “Forsyth was a carthorse compared to the thoroughbred that was Buchanan” well bit tam shoved his words right down dochertys throat that day with the best tackle you will ever see.
Sleep well tam

One of my first memories of rangers is big tam scoring that goal in the final against the filth, rest in peace big man.

Back