Tam Forsyth has passed away

Really gutted by this his joy with his tap in the cup final his Channon tackle the pride he had in playing for us and he was a true gentleman.

Thanks Jaws

Sad news
Great servant to the club
Remember as a kid trying to emulate that tackle on Channon
RIP

A tragedy. A young 71, which isn’t that old these days. A great Ranger. Will always be remembered for his tap in from 6 inches in the SCF. RIP.

Sad news. RIP, Mr Forsyth.

The memories? The tap in obviously.

The tackle on Channon, which prompted the Rangers end (when Scotland still had a decent support) to chant; 'Docherty, Docherty, shut yer mooth, Docherty, shut yer mooth!'

I think it is safe to say Tam Forsyth was in at the start of the Jock Wallace revolution. As in when he let wee bud and Colin Stein go and brought in players he thought would make his team.

I told this story at my dads funeral in 2012.
1976 Scotland v England at hampden it’s the closing stages and my dad,brother and myself are in our sitting room the tension gets to much for my dad and leaves the sitting room and heads up stairs as he can’t watch in case England score.mick channon is through with only the keeper to beat from out of nowhere tam Forsyth makes the greatest tackle I have ever seen and my brother and I let out an almighty roar.next thing we hear crash,bang wallop as our dad comes flying down the stairs thinking the game was over.walks in to the sitting room sees the game has not finished and does an about turn and heads straight back out again.
Tam thank you for giving me such a wonderful memory that helped me smile through a difficult time

Docherty calling him a Clydesdale compared to the “thoroughbred” Martin Buchan said everything about Docherty.
I remember his tackle on Mick Channon that day in 1976, when the Scotland support was basically the Rangers support.
Tam was a great player and a special man.
May he Rest In Peace.
I was at that match and what a tackle it was. I had the pleasure a few years ago of meeting and chatting with Mick Channon in a hotel in Romsey and I mentioned the tackle to him. Mick just smiled and said, “I genuinely thought I was going to score and silence a hundred thousand Jocks. I still can’t believe he made that tackle. He was some player, Tom”. God speed, Tam.

Sad news but the stories on here are a reflection of the gentleman he was and the pleasure he gave us all.

He won’t get the send off he would have had but we will all be thinking of him and his family.

One of my favs,no nonsense player,he lived the dream. Forever a Ger. Thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.
Rest easy sir.

Ive just seen the post on here.
My stomach has just turned upside down one of my hero's gone.
What a man!
RiP big yin.

Pretty devastating news to start the weekend. Rest in peace Jaws - you lived the dream. That goal with the studs is a moment that will live forever.

Very sad news indeed. Big Tam encapsulated the team from that era, hard as nails with a no surrender attitude. They fought for every ball and never accepted a game was lost. Rest easy Tam and thanks for all the wonderful memories.

Tam came up to our dinner last year. I knew he was getting chemo at the time but he didn't want it known to the troops
I spoke with him before he came up and he said he wanted to come as Rangers were his life and the support meant so much to him.
He epitomised Rangers and oozed class that night. I spoke a few times afterwards and he told me he loved it.
Tam -you were simply the best, rest easy my friend

Before my time sadly but his Hampden winner against the bheasts is the stuff of legend and one of our most famous ever goals.

RIP Big Tam. Once a Ranger...

RIP Tam. A bit before my time, but very much a legend of the club. Obviously gave some of us some very cherished memories

Back