Tav losing the ball wide in the run up to the goal

Oh well, you cant blame him for that goal but lets criticise him for something else

Remind me, how many assists had he had this season?
Can’t argue with his assist stats they look good. However good individual stats mean nothing if we don’t win something at the end of the day. Last night was all about our lack of quality in creating chances unfortunately.
Don’t get me wrong I didn’t expect us to qualify and the majority of that team don’t have the quality to go on a great run in Europe so hard to criticise them too much.
Losing and drawing against spl dross is what makes me angry.

Lot of burst baws on here.
How can it be Tavs fault ffs, the baw was lost when McGregors shitey kick out relinquished possession and we were caught out with a neat passing move and finish, cant see how McCrorie is getting blame as he has to react to what he perceives is the danger, hes no played first team football for months.

Nonsense.

IF you really need to blame someone then the goal came from McGregor's poor kick out and the subsequent break.

i see it as a poor team goal to lose.. yes mcgregor duffed his kick but its still 40 yards up the pitch..

Nonsense. McGregor hits it out and McCrorie doesn't track the player.

How far do you want to take it back?
We passsd the wrong direction at kick off. If we had changed that up, the whole game would have been different.

This is just another attempt to have a dig at tav

There were a number of things that contributed to their goal. Tav gave the ball away, admittedly in a difficult situation but we win the ball back, McGregor takes a bad touch which leaves him with a more difficult kick than he should have had and subsequently plays it directly to their player but they still have half the pitch to run, then McCrorie doesn’t follow his player in the attack and he scored. Yet despite all these errors for the goal the biggest single problem we have remains to be our inhability to break teams down and create real goal scoring opportunities. If we sorted that out we wouldn’t need to both about the odd mistake during games that cost us a goal, in fact most of these situations wouldn’t arise as we’d be a goal or two to the good and it’d be a totally irrelevant.

If you're not scoring goals you're not winning games. We've had 7 shots on target in over 280 minutes of football and have scored 3 goals in 5 games. It may coincide with the loss of morelos arfield candieas but its still very poor

Every bit as much to blame as shagger .. unbelieveable decision not to just fire it into the box
So, seventy metres from goal, twenty seconds of play later and you think what Tavernier did is every bit as much to blame as the guy who actually hesitated his clearance then got it wrong ?
I think you’re just trying to blame Tavernier and absolving McGregor.

It's a team game, if we created more chances or took the very few ones we do make then the odd individual defensive error wouldn't matter.

Goldson should have scored his header, do we blame him for the defeat? Of course we don't.

i see it as a poor team goal to lose.. yes mcgregor duffed his kick but its still 40 yards up the pitch..

It led from that, IMO. I get your point that the danger could have been cleared thereafter but the OP is wanting to rewind even further to apportion targeted blame.

Been on FF since the very early days. Took a bit of time out during the spivs era as it was just painful.

Enjoyed being back over the past year or so. But... some of the threads in the last few days have got me considering things again.

This place is truly mental at times. It's like the fecking Mos Eisley Cantina of Rangers pubs....

%^*& sake man. I swear Tav must have posted a picture of his dog in a scum top or something. He literally gets bullied by our fans. Literally, bullied.

We played well and didn't deserve to lose. I felt sorry for McGregor, he gave them the opportunity to score which prevented a grand stand finish by us, I suppose because we hadn't taken the lead his error is not quite so damning. He's saved many goals for us, however I think he should show a bit more dedication to his distribution generally. A pity our 2 best wide attackers were unavailable for this match, and Candeias down to a woeful refereeing decision.

We're no allowed to criticise him.

You can when it’s just and in the right manner. He was not to blame, sent a few decent deliveries in and defended very well. Every goal is a mistake. McGregor hits a poor kick out and we have pressed up the park. They pounce and goal. Tav was my involved in anything to do with goal and looked our biggest threat outside Morelos to make something happen.

All people are asking is to justify your criticism instead of looking for same people to blame.....ffs, surprised Flanagan didn’t get blame tonight

It was Morelos fault

Did you see that state of that kick off when we started the game

Jesus Christ :eek:

Back