Tavernier for Scotland?

Aside from residency and schooling rules, why the f%ck would James Tavernier want to turn out in front of a bunch of Rangers-hating c%*ts who would boo his every touch because :
A. He is a Rangers player and club captain
B. He is English
C. He would show up the rest of the Scotland back 4 as the incompetent wankers they are.

As it’s been noted, the home nations all agreed not to do this. The biggest loser would have been English game as their national team would have been full of foreigners at one time

As it’s been noted, the home nations all agreed not to do this. The biggest loser would have been English game as their national team would have been full of foreigners at one time
Is it not that they’ve agreed not to do it amongst themselves?

Regardless, I doubt the England team would’ve been full of foreigners considering the only people eligible would’ve been uncapped by their own country.

Scotland should absolutely do it as their current right back options are rubbish.

Wales Ireland and NI regularly naturalise players despite the rule, so we should too.

That said, their FAs aren't incompetent - so I know how far this suggestion will go

You would get less Rangers haters supporting Scotland and more Rangers supporters supporting Scotland as it should be.

So a yes from me every time. Tav as Scotland's captain would mean the standards would go up dramatically, the guy is a total pro.

In this instance, Rangers.

I can’t believe there’s Rangers supporters wanting to add to Tavernier’s workload to benefit that mob

Unfuckingbelievable

No worries Mr. Staunch, some of us still support the national side.

Besides, Tav is a specimen who could play a game every day if he so wished.

No worries Mr. Staunch, some of us still support the national side.

Besides, Tav is a specimen who could play a game every day if he so wished.
Putting aside the fact that I don’t support Scotland...

It’s common knowledge that Tavernier can play every game for Rangers because he gets his rest during international breaks, same as Goldson. Any Rangers supporter wanting to jeopardise that is mental.

Scotland should absolutely do it as their current right back options are rubbish.

Wales Ireland and NI regularly naturalise players despite the rule, so we should too.

That said, their FAs aren't incompetent - so I know how far this suggestion will go
Wales and NI naturalise players within the rules as Scotland have done with the likes of Jordan Rhodes.

Don Hutchison, Matt Ritchie, Nigel quasie, Russel Martin , murty, been loads mate. I know tavernier doesn’t have a Scottish granny but not sure the others were very Scottish .
Dr Stu would be apoplectic. Anything to get it round that bigoted bassa gets my vote. ;)

gfzzgbL.gif

It is a rule which Scotland should be exploring where possible.

However, I think there is some kind of agreement with the other UK countries.

I am sure that under the rules, Stefan Klos and Nacho Novo would have qualified to play for Scotland.

Probably find that some foreigners have more of an affinity with Scotland than guys who have 1 grandparent born in Scotland and have never played any of their football in Scotland.

We had Neil Sullivan at one point. I was never that convinced until I saw on Football Focus one day that he had a room in his house dedicated to his Scotland career,

Then you have Dominic Matteo who refused to play for Scotland - but relented years later when he wasn't being picked for England.

I may be wrong - but, I think the likes of Le Tissier, Le Saux and John Barnes were as eligible for Scotland as they were for England.

Last edited:
There’s a tacit, gentleman’s agreement between the home nations not to exploit this loophole.

Whoever said the SFA were Gentlemen ? We have a rabid poet in charge so, no chance of a Rangers player being capped and creating a precedent.

Chill mate. It’s in an article in a national newspaper. I’m not endorsing it ffs.
And I did say no disrespect to the op.He is English and why would he even want to play for that shower of shite?Before you reply it’s not to you it’s a general question.

Just reading in the Sunday Times the intriguing possibility that Tav could actually play for Scotland........
Under FIFA rules anyone resident in a country for five years now qualifies to play for them, as long as they haven’t been capped by another nation.
This is usually applied to young players who spent their childhood in one country despite being born in a different one.
Let’s face it Tav isn’t getting in the England team ahead of Alexander-Arnold, Kyle Walker, even Trippier.
“We’d be more than happy to have him....it’s a no brainer” said Davie Weir. “He’d be in the squad if he was Scottish”

Can’t see it, although he’s miles better than the current right backs in the squad.
I’ll be happy if he stays injury free, leads us to 55 and watches the Euros with a few beers on a beach somewhere.

I reckon Brazil will be checking his ancestry at this point :))

Hope not.
Playing with that, he would be constantly abused even if he was scoring for fun.
English AND a Rangers player, wet dream for the Trannies

Not for me, the abuse he would get from "some" of the Scotland fans, not worth it, imo.

2 things
1. There’s an agreement that this can’t happen.
2. HE’S ENGLISH

not for me he plays enough football with us

internationals is the time for him to rest for us

I hope Tav tells them to go %^*& themselves.
Mon the England!
Just reading in the Sunday Times the intriguing possibility that Tav could actually play for Scotland........
Under FIFA rules anyone resident in a country for five years now qualifies to play for them, as long as they haven’t been capped by another nation.
This is usually applied to young players who spent their childhood in one country despite being born in a different one.
Let’s face it Tav isn’t getting in the England team ahead of Alexander-Arnold, Kyle Walker, even Trippier.
“We’d be more than happy to have him....it’s a no brainer” said Davie Weir. “He’d be in the squad if he was Scottish”

Can’t see it, although he’s miles better than the current right backs in the squad.
I’ll be happy if he stays injury free, leads us to 55 and watches the Euros with a few beers on a beach somewhere.

Emerson was shite and only played for us for one season though? I remember the Novo and Amo discussions.
Emerson was done by the time he rocked up at us but he was being linked at the time. To be fair Berti Vogts capped just about half of scotland and we were even worse back then than we are now!

Back