Team against the scum

Midfield is my main worry next weekend. I wonder if Gerrard might put Zungu in to try and give more of a defensive base? Have a midfield 3 of Zungu, Davis & Kamara. With Arfield, Kent, Morelos ahead. Easily swap Aribo for Arfield with that suggestion though but he has gone missing last few games v them
I wouldn't have Zungu in the squad never mind starting.

I think there are 2 spots up for grabs.

The 3rd midfielder alongside Kamara and Davis. I think Arfield will get the nod.

The Right side of our front 3 - This is tough as Gerrard does like Aribo in this spot in big games but we have Roofe, Wright and Hagi who can play there aswell. I think Roofe will get the nod though.

So

McGregor

Borna
Helander
Goldson
Patterson

Davis
Kamara
Arfield

Kent
Morelos
Roofe

Bench: McLaughlin, Simpson, Bassey (or Tav if he is fit enough), Zungu, Hagi, Aribo, Wright, Itten.

We are looking a bit light in defence due to injuries but have plenty of options going forward.

Always feel that Jack is a huge miss in these games.

McGregor

Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic

Arfield
Davis
Kamara

Aribo
Morelos
Kent

Assuming everyone stays fit this weekend I think 9 players/ positions are definite.
The only debates are whether Aribo, Arfield, Hagi, Roofe or Wright get the other 2.
The first 4 have all had OF games pass them by this season.

Assuming everyone stays fit this weekend I think 9 players/ positions are definite.
The only debates are whether Aribo, Arfield, Hagi, Roofe or Wright get the other 2.
The first 4 have all had OF games pass them by this season.
Agree about Aribo, Arfield and Roofe but I thought Hagi had a positive impact off the bench at the last Ibrox old firm match, didn't do much at parkhead last time other than that pass to Kent though.

Last few games against them we have lacked pace with the exception of kent,wright should be starting this one imo

I would have liked to see a front three of Wright, Morelos, Kent

can’t see it happening, reckon same eleven from yesterday.

Ryan Jack is the biggest loss for us sadly, I just don't think any of the options give us any real dig or that discipline protecting the backline. Borna was badly exposed by the lack of midfield cover, not that that is any excuse for how badly he played at the weekend.

I think that a few of the guys have rightly raised concerns with regards to Aribo as he tends to go missing in these games but when further forward he is capable of creating mayhem. I like the idea of Wright, Morelos and Kent as a front 3, they can hurt Celtic.

Back 5 will be the same as the weekend.
Arfield, Davis and Kamara.
Kent , Morelos, Wright.

Ryan Jack is the biggest loss for us sadly, I just don't think any of the options give us any real dig or that discipline protecting the backline. Borna was badly exposed by the lack of midfield cover, not that that is any excuse for how badly he played at the weekend.

I think that a few of the guys have rightly raised concerns with regards to Aribo as he tends to go missing in these games but when further forward he is capable of creating mayhem. I like the idea of Wright, Morelos and Kent as a front 3, they can hurt Celtic.

Back 5 will be the same as the weekend.
Arfield, Davis and Kamara.
Kent , Morelos, Wright.
We are not going to play Wright ahead of Roofe , Aribo or even Hagi.

We are not going to play Wright ahead of Roofe , Aribo or even Hagi.
I know that - but if I was in charge I would pick him and attack their fullbacks and pin them pick with balls over the top. The pace of Kent and Wright can hurt teams, but he wont play him, he will stick by Aribo or Roofe, can't see him playing Hagi.

My team would be:

McGregor
Patterson
Goldson
Helander
Barisic
Davis
Kamara
Arfield
Wright
Kent
Morelos

However I think Aribo will start rather than Wright.

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Helander Barisic
Davis Kamara Arfield
Kent Morelos Wright

Barisic was a worry for me at the weekend there. Wright to come in with his pace to maybe take that threat away down that side.
Kent can play either side so all good.

McGregor
Patterson Goldson Helander Barisic
Arfield Davis Kamara
Aribo Kent
Morelos

I'd love to see Wright start but just can't see it.
I also think that we need a CM in the summer. Harsh on Arfield and Jack as both have been vital at stages this season.
Aribo against lesser sides can play there but is ineffectual to a man down against teams like Celtic unfortunately

Back