Lundstram
Kamara

Wright
Tillman
Kent

Morelos

Would love to see Lawrence in for Wright, but probably too soon

Can’t see him throwing Davies, Yilmaz or Matondo into this one

I think he will play Davis, Arfield & Jack on Tuesday, they can’t play twice in 3 days

W
If King is still injured then Davies has to play because Sands is suspended for the Liverpool game

McGregor

Tav - Goldson - Davies - Ridvan

McCann - Lundstram

Kent - Tillman - Matondo

Colak

Zero chance of it happening as Gio will continue with the same Horseshit Horseshoe stuff and we can look forward to Jack starting to establish the asthmatic ant pace of play.

If we can score at least the side to side stuff will keep possession and maybe we can spring a break away second which should be enough.

What’s everyone’s basis for putting Davies in ahead of King? Gio has preferred King at almost every opportunity and I’m pretty sure he’ll start at Anfield too

It won't happen, but I personally want to see us start with as many players who carry a goal threat as possible. I also think we need to recognise the fact our defence is weak right now and our wingers are giving us little.

Not a formation for the rest of the season, but for just now while we are missing so many injured and have the likes of Kamara and Kent so out of form.

McGregor

King
Goldson
Davies

Tavernier
Arfield
Lundstram
Tillman or Lawrence if fit
Barisic

Morelos
Colak

Width from the full backs, and surprise the opposition by going for goals rather than sitting back waiting for them to come at us.

Won't happen though.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Sands
Barasic

Lundstram
Kamara

Wright
Tillman
Kent

Morelos

I think he will play Davis, Arfield & Jack on Tuesday, they can’t play twice in 3 days

W
Wright?

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Sands
Barasic

Lundstram
Kamara

Wright
Tillman
Kent

Morelos

W
Sands and Tillman both thrown into Pittodrie and BJK Camp. Dont think Gio has problems with that.

For me, we desperatly need a natural
CH in.

Not for me, but I think he may go with him. Not blessed with options and Tynecastle was one of the rare times Gio went with 2 wingers last season.

Wright brings something no one else seems to want to do, go direct.

Almost everyone in the teams first thought is go safe, sideways or backwards, Wright gets the ball and goes forward. He may not be technically the best and he loses the ball a lot but it’s generally up the park not in a dangerous area.

We also lack pace, we were successful under Gerrard using raw pace, were Ojo, Barker, Jones or Middleton better than Wright ? But what all had was pace. Just being on the pitch got us further up the park. Made us a threat from quick counters. All of the players mentioned above played their part in big performances in Europe. Until we bring in a better quality RW I think we should go with Wright, particularly with Colak at CF.

We are too slow and ponderous we need pace.

Almost everyone in the teams first thought is go safe, sideways or backwards, Wright gets the ball and goes forward. He may not be technically the best and he loses the ball a lot but it’s generally up the park not in a dangerous area.

We also lack pace, we were successful under Gerrard using raw pace, were Ojo, Barker, Jones or Middleton better than Wright ? But what all had was pace. Just being on the pitch got us further up the park. Made us a threat from quick counters. All of the players mentioned above played their part in big performances in Europe. Until we bring in a better quality RW I think we should go with Wright, particularly with Colak at CF.

Wright brings he haw. Get in a good position and give the ball away and that's being kind as he usually loses it before then.

A bit of an out there selection but I don’t hate it
Just think to try something different. Tav isn't much of an attacking threat under Gio so why not push him further up the park. The right side is a bit of a problem at the moment. Morelos needs to get game time and Colak knows we're back of net is and at least he will have some support upfront

Just think to try something different. Tav isn't much of an attacking threat under Gio so why not push him further up the park. The right side is a bit of a problem at the moment. Morelos needs to get game time and Colak knows we're back of net is and at least he will have some support upfront
You think you’ve read it all on here then something like this comes along. Top scorer in the Europa league for goodness sake

Scott Wright offers absolutely nothing, he’s not good at all and should be miles away from our squad of players. Even if he’s in a good position, 99% of the time he makes the wrong decision. A mediocre football player.

I’m nervous about tomorrow - just don’t like Tynecastle. I’d play Morelos over Colak assuming he is fully fit - he just causes more problems for the defence for me and think that will be important in what I expect to be a low chance creation game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back