Terry Hurlock versus Pacific Shelf

Terry himself told me that when he was being told what to do before his first game the instructions were: ‘Your job is to scare the shit out of them and when you tackle make sure you leave your mark.’
I’m pretty certain it was Souness who gave him these instructions.
Terry could not believe that he had gone to such a massive club.
He said he walked around for weeks starstruck as he was playing alongside England internationals and people like Kng Richard and Super.
He loved Rangers and still adores the fans.

It was turned up from the O’Neil days. I grew up in the 90s and if it wasn’t for the Irish at the World Cup I’d have no idea who supported Celtic in the neighbourhood. For me that was the first little seed for what we have now but when MON came and the current bigot manager that is when they really ramped the hate.
I came home from Australia early 90s. Thought how changed and calm things were. The rivalry on the day if the game was intense but O'Neill and Lennon appear on the scene and the country is set back 20 years.

I don't know if I remember this or have somehow imagined it. I put it out there for older Bears to put me straight.

I distinctly remember a game at the piggery in 90 or 91 where straight from kick off Terry Hurlock made a B line for that bastard Grant and literally ripped his shorts off leaving the poet standing in his Ys. The game had to be halted until Peter the unwashed went to get new, non ripped shorts.

I have dug through You Tube etc but cannot find any footage.

Anybody remember that?

I hope that it happened, otherwise I am dreaming about Peter Grant in his underwear which is a whole new issue for me to confront.
I remember quite a lot about about derby games in the past but don’t remember that

As a naive 16yo, first game in Junior football.A discussion with a seasoned pro. "See that son" "What?" That's the ba' and if you touch it I`m gonae break your F_ing legs! " And it worked.

My mate had a tshirt in holiday one year the had a picture of terry on it with the words “Oor Terry, Hard as %^*&!” :))
I’ve still got that t-shirt! Found it in the garage last year and was very happy to find it again.

I used to wear it to PE at Williamwood High School. Not a word said about it until a new PE teacher arrived!

oHu5IDf.png

Back