Thank You

The original ensemble of 9 (if I remember correctly) protestors stood outside Ibrox stadium on a cold morning on a Friday began the days of protesting against the spivs. Craig Houston was a shining beacon of light against many dissenting voices and he along with Sandy chugg had the balls to organise and galvanise a fan base horrendously divided.
My father was one of those original protestors that day, and he had as much a reason to join in the dissent that day as he had been viciously let go as part of the shredding regime of that little robbing fraud bastard Whyte, and because of that my family and many others were left in disarray. Those protestors, although so little in number, began a huge battle that was to be eventually won.
Alongside the great men Jardine and McCoist, and the supporters of change, the Sons of Struth group should be celebrated as much as any who helped bring the club back from the brink.

Your statement @Robert Marshall is absolutely spot on. There were many people who wanted us dead and still do no matter what, but our fanbase held us together and now we have a club to be proud of again. Without these heroes we may not have had a club, but we do and it’s back on top where we belong. We are the premier club in this country and it’s very satisfying to be able to say that again.

We truly are the people!!

Great post OP.

Rangers have been through a very difficult period in the club's history, and it is so pleasing to the see club emerge from that, stronger.

Well said Robert.

A lot of those names that you so rightly mentioned probably got a lot of enthusiasm and drive from the 50,000 fans who turned up in the days of division 4 and stayed with the club through those times to see us to where we are today too.

I know of a couple of " supporters" who decided that watching us play Brechin City at home on a cold Wednesday night was not for them , but they are now back at Ibrox ( when we were allowed in ) now that we are nearly over the line..... Disgusts me considering what those names you have mentioned have done for us and the club through very dark days and have given an incredible amount of their own time and money into the fight.

Those 50,000 who turned up against East Stirlng and Berwick Rangers to achieve world records were the foundation for the fight and should be very proud of ourselves for it.

Never EVER forget where we have been and never EVER accept 2nd best again.

The Rangers will be stronger for it. Here's to the future.

Fine words indeed. We wish it had ever happened but if anything I believe this experience has made us fully aware (if it was needed) just how much Rangers means to us all and that bond between club and support has emerged from it all stronger than ever. Just sad for those who will not see 55, a glass will be raised.

Since 2012, I as well as my family, and hundreds of thousands of Rangers Supporters all over the world have suffered badly watching our Club be relentlessly ridiculed and suffer a torrent of abuse from outside influences. These people actually wanted us dead.
We have been unfairly accused of using an illegal Tax Scam when EBT'S ( At the time ) was a Legal Tax Avoidance scheme. Then changed the rules retrospectively to make them Taxable
There is no doubt in my mind that Politicians in this Country were at the forefront of the frenzy to try and destroy us.
They would not then and will not now ever succeed.
We haven't officially won our 55th Championship yet but are rapidly closing in on it.
Maybe winning it for Easter will prove another miracle from where we were 3 years ago.
I think there are a few people that deserve our everlasting appreciation and thanks for all they have done.
Sandy Jardine and Ally McCoist stood alone against enormous pressure and represented us the proper way.
A mention should go to Paul Murray who tirelessly tried to get investors involved
Dave King, who was at the forefront for ousting the previous Board
John Gilligan was the conduit that the fans could relate to.
We had Douglas Park, George Leitham and George Taylor, and John Bennett who were first up to the Podium.
Others followed like Barry Scott and the Hong Kong Investors
Then we came to the fans groups the RST and RF really showed what we could achieve as a Fanbase and it was quite remarkable what we achieved in a short space of time.
From a personal point of view, I would like to thank James Blair and Richard Atkinson for the help and guidance for all they have done for me and RF. ( i know a few disagree with me but it is my opinion.)

Others who were very crucial to the successful conclusion of purchasing enough shares to take control of our club and back to its rightful owners were the thousands of 'Ordinary' Rangers fans who voted with the current Directors. They (We) were so crucial.
The only way to change ownership was to buy shares and outvote them.

And to every single fan that bought a Season Ticket along the way and all the fans that bought single-game tickets. Along with this season's Merchandise.
Obviously, the biggest cheer will go to Steven Gerrard and his staff who have transformed our players into something special.

We have remarkable Support and are without a doubt the most Loyal Fanbase in World football
I salute you all
God Bless The Rangers
One of our own and spoken from the heart
Hopefully all back soon, missing my pre match pie and pint

Since 2012, I as well as my family, and hundreds of thousands of Rangers Supporters all over the world have suffered badly watching our Club be relentlessly ridiculed and suffer a torrent of abuse from outside influences. These people actually wanted us dead.
We have been unfairly accused of using an illegal Tax Scam when EBT'S ( At the time ) was a Legal Tax Avoidance scheme. Then changed the rules retrospectively to make them Taxable
There is no doubt in my mind that Politicians in this Country were at the forefront of the frenzy to try and destroy us.
We haven't officially won our 55th Championship yet but are rapidly closing in on it.
Maybe winning it for Easter will prove another miracle from where we were 3 years ago.
I think there are a few people that deserve our everlasting appreciation and thanks for all they have done.
Sandy Jardine and Ally McCoist stood alone against enormous pressure and represented us the proper way.
A mention should go to Paul Murray who tirelessly tried to get investors involved
We had Douglas Park, George Leitham and George Taylor, and John Bennett who were first up to the Podium.
Then we came to the fans groups the RST and RF really showed what we could achieve as a Fanbase and it was quite remarkable what we achieved in a short space of time.
From a personal point of view, I would like to thank James Blair and Richard Atkinson for the help and guidance for all they have done for me and RF. ( i know a few disagree with me but it is my opinion.)

Others who were very crucial to the successful conclusion of purchasing enough shares to take control of our club and back to its rightful owners were the thousands of 'Ordinary' Rangers fans who voted with the current Directors. They (We) were so crucial.

And to every single fan that bought a Season Ticket along the way and all the fans that bought single-game tickets. Along with this season's Merchandise.
Obviously, the biggest cheer will go to Steven Gerrard and his staff who have transformed our players into something special.

We have remarkable Support and are without a doubt the most Loyal Fanbase in World football
I salute you all
God Bless The Rangers
Well said Robert. Look forward to pubs reopening and having a beer among our own.

Good words and from the heart,on a side note ebts were not and are still not illegal,the question is are they taxable.At the time they were deemed not to be although some thought otherwise but no laws were broken.Apart from that I agree with every word.
This very important point should not be lost when the moral compass brigade get going. I’m no tax expert but I once heard someone say that the issue was is tax was due or not due, the tribunal’s were never trying to apportion guilt. Tried to explains this to an educated person one time and you could see the blank look on his face.

It’s hard to believe everything that has happened these past 9 years.

The politicians who set about shafting us,

the blind eyes turned to every chancer and charlatan who set about raping our club and fleecing all of us as fans,

the attempts to strip us of honours thoroughly earned on the field of play (not by vote),

the people who stood up for our club at often personal cost,

sitting in the Copland as we set off on our first home match against East Stirling on our journey back where we belong, in awe of our support but still wondering if our anchor would hold (it did),

marching to Hampden,

marching up PRW to Ibrox and Nacho on the back of a flat back lorry :) ,

I could go on and on. However, here we are. On the cusp of 55. If ever a support deserved rewarded for it’s unrivalled loyalty, it’s us.

Drink these moments in bears & bearettes. Every single one of us deserves every moment of these coming days, this time marching back to our rightful place at the top of scottish football, adding another title to our world record trophy haul. .

I salute you all
God Bless The Rangers
Here here.

The day we went into administration, I sat in the privacy of my car and cried. Something i haven't done since. I will never forget the bloodlust against us and the utter helplessness of feeling we were being fu@@@d over at every turn.
To now see the tax liability being cut time and time again makes our treatment even more shameful.
Watch the difference in mentality, the Tim's will dessert their team in droves, we will follow on.

Many men are worthy of our gratitude but i honestly believe without Dave King we'd still be in the banter years. I gave up on Rangers Media forum such was their irrational distain for him . I have nothing but praise for King and the fact that he was a reluctant saviour makes me appreciate his endeavours even more. If their was a vote on who should unfurl our 55th flag King gets my vote . Robert your post hits nail on head, well said.

Fantastic post Robert.

The greatest and most loyal support bar none.

Hopefully we will be able to celebrate at the Louden in the not too distant future

Hope we can all toast to that in the Louden soon once all this is by with ma man.

No Surrender
WATP

Well said.
Just remember, they wanted us dead, and will not go away. They want the name of Rangers to turn the average Scot off.
Thankfully our supporters decency and the clubs success from now on the park will attract lots of young people who will drive this club on for the next 100 years.

Well said Robert, true words from the heart echoed amongst us all.

I remember the day, 14th Feb 2012, coming off the escalator in Glasgow Airport, headed home from work, I looked up at the tele in the boozer to be met with the breaking news. People may laugh but it felt like my world had ended, a feeling I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Fast forward to a midweek game, it was my 1st game back and pished down from start to finish with a 8 hour round trip but wouldn't have changed it for the world.

Here we are today, back to where we belong and dominating Scottish football and feared in Europe with a footballing icon and his team in charge, a group of predominantly Rangers men in the boardroom and a team worth multi millions whom believe in themselves and fear no foe.

Lastly us fans, yes there have been fall outs, mixed opinions and exchanges but deep down we all want the same thing and being a Ranger isn't through choice, you are born into the family and its a honour.

We have lost many a friend, family member or acquaintance during our journey and the Bears in heaven deserve this more than anyone. Hopefully the day will soon arrive when we can all come together as one and party on a scale our city has and never will see again. Until such times be loud, proud and relentless whilst remembering the bastards who have kicked us from pillar to post.

I salute you all
God Bless The Rangers

Club 1872 were instrumental working with King as well as removing Ashley. They deserve a big mention in here.

I salute you all
God Bless The Rangers
Great post. I agree with all you say apart from who is worthy of the biggest cheer.

Dave King gets my vote for that. Without him there would be no Steven Gerrard or indeed Rangers.

A wee thank you to the people that didn't purchase season tickets?

Why?

When King asked us too enough of us didn't and it helped force the move to oust the spivs.
Strange one indeed but worth remembering

We lost amazing seats in CR1. Great seats amongst good friends built up over the years
Current seats is GE3, not the best but by f@ck we've got our team back B-)

K

Why?

When King asked us too enough of us didn't and it helped force the move to oust the spivs.

We lost amazing seats in CR1. Great seats amongst good friends built up over the years
I lost 3 cracking seats in cf4 all in the back row next to exit 21 due to not renewing when Dave king asked us to withhold season ticket money - now have 3 in cf2 no complaints as it was worth it to cleanse our club of the Spivs

I salute you all
God Bless The Rangers
One month on as our Title gets nearer and nearer this is worth reminder

Why?

Lost 3 great seats in CR3 but we'll be back,WATP!!

Back