That was never a penalty for them

Shocking decision, not that it mattered in the end, but if it had a bearing on the result the uproar would be off the scale , how Collum can watch that back and still give a penalty is beyond me

Blatant cheating again but the club will keep their dignified silence empowering them to do it again on the 25th.
To me that is enough justification for the club to reopen the attack on Collum .

Should never have backed down ( if we did that is I can’t say for sure what occurred )

Can totally understand him giving it in real time

Cannot fathom him sticking with it on VAR. The angle from behind clearly shows O'Reilly moving his foot laterally in order to "buy' the contact from Diomande

McLean was 100% right to recommend the review

It was the same scenario as regards the disallowed goal at Ibrox at the start of the season. Dessers kicks the defenders planted leg and goal is allowed.
Oriley kicks the defenders planted foot and gets a pen.
Same scenario regarding a foul but different outcome, both outcomes benefit the unwashed

It was the same scenario as regards the disallowed goal at Ibrox at the start of the season. Dessers kicks the defenders planted leg and goal is allowed.
Oriley kicks the defenders planted foot and gets a pen.
Same scenario regarding a foul but different outcome, both outcomes benefit the unwashed
How?

It's the same outcome...

In both "fouls" the player who puts the leg in front is penalised

If you're breaking it down to the comparison between those 2 fouls its exactly the same decision thats given exactly the same way...

It's also completely ignoring the lateral movement from O'Reilly that initiates the contact with Diomande...

The thread title is 100% correct

I’d like to see the 1st half shirt pull on Diomande in the box again.
Looked like a decent shout for a pen at the time.
VAR decided ‘no penalty’ before the commentator could even finish his sentence saying there is a check happening.

That pen was the exact same as dessers/roofes goal from the old firm at the start of the season that got chopped off. The lack of consistency is laughable, almost stinks like corruption

A thought crossed my mind,was the not exactly the same scenario in the first game v them at Ibrox where the Celtic defender kicks dessers when he knicks ball from him and the defender kicks the back of his leg before he sets up the roofe goal
Regardless of how it played out, the dying swan routine/flailing arms and legs as he threw himself to the ground should have been enough to reverse the decision and show a yellow card to O’Riley.

It was an utterly disgraceful decision, whether they missed or not.

We can make jokes and whatever else, but at the end of the day a Catholic RE Teacher at a Catholic school is going to have a preference between Celtic and Rangers, and they have no business refereeing a game between the two. It's a joke.

We know it and so do they. Baffling they try and peddle any conspiracy chat about officials when the majority of dodgy decisions serve to benefit them.

How?

It's the same outcome...

In both "fouls" the player who puts the leg in front is penalised

If you're breaking it down to the comparison between those 2 fouls its exactly the same decision thats given exactly the same way...

It's also completely ignoring the lateral movement from O'Reilly that initiates the contact with Diomande...

The thread title is 100% correct

Yes, you’re correct. Recollection of the Ibrox incident a little hazy. Probably should of checked before posting :)

That will be enough beer for one day but either way both decisions a shambles

Cheating. Pure and simple. Their player initiates the contact, misses a beat then swallow dives.

Collum gets to rewatch it and still gives it. Scared of the death threats that would be coming his way

It wasn’t but I’m sure he missed it…
Not the point, as I'm sure you realise.

First glance, like always, it looks a penalty.

Several viewings later from different angles, it's clearly a dive from Reilly'O.

But hey-ho, despite Collum being diverted for cosmetic reasons to look at a screen, resultant decision is as we'd expect.

Surprised, said no-one ever!

He's a Cnut!

O’Riley kicks the ground and his other leg contacts Diomande. That was never ever a penalty. Even when Gollum went to the screen I knew he was going to give it. Playing against 12 men every time we play them.
A moment that encapsulated all you need to know about Father Collum. He was called to the screen because even a blind man could see it was never a penalty and a theatrical dive. But not Collum, a biased and cheating rhat of a referee who should never be involved in games at the highest level. If only our board had fought harder last time he cheated us at Torbett Towers but they rolled over as usual.

Next season, I never want to hear or read about incompetent or inept refs.

This incompetence never seems to mean a big decision against that mob.

Not the point, as I'm sure you realise.

First glance, like always, it looks a penalty.

Several viewings later from different angles, it's clearly a dive from Reilly'O.

But hey-ho, despite Collum being diverted for cosmetic reasons to look at a screen, resultant decision is as we'd expect.

Surprised, said no-one ever!

He's a Cnut!
You obviously don’t realise the OP initially said the penalty was their second goal and has since Edited it. That was what my reply was mentioning

Back