The Antwerp keeper

Looking through their squad this morning on Wiki had a chuckle at the replacement Keepers page, a Bear has obviously been in doing some subtle editing :))

He looked brutal and was almost as bad as the keeper Motherwell had against Hamilton in January when he dived with his arms at his side. Hope he is fit for next week as the other guy cant be as bad.

Played like he had a hand chopped off for stealing an apple back in Iran.
That nose can't help either.
Looks like he could smoke a cigar in the shower!!

He was looking dodgy before he got injured, obviously even more so after that.

What I don't understand is why his obvious distress didn't register with us and translate into our getting away shots at him at every opportunity. The Gaffer spoke recently about getting more shots from distance, either we've not listened to his instruction, or it's just being ignored.

We can't always walk it into the net, we need more goals from outside the box.

Hopefully the keeper recovers and is fit to play next week. Rangers should maybe send him a card.

I'm sure one of the commentators said the goalie last night saved a penalty from Ronaldo in the 2018 World Cup! :oops:

I think he might have got sent off if we had not scored the first, as tried his best to wipe Alfie out but he just about managed to dive over him.

Watched the 10 minute highlights and noticed Borna having a go at him after the last penalty. Then at the end you can see the two getting together for a chat.

I'm sure he is the keeper with the longest throws in the world. Going by that it would seem he has never used his feet in his life. His kicking was dreadful and put Antwerp under so much pressure. He either kick it to us or put his midfield under pressure with awkward balls.

Is he the same boy that can throw the ball about as far as he can kick it?

Edit: further, probably, some of his kicking out last night was awful.
Playing the ball to his feet was a calamity for the defence because every kick he had seemed to be a pass to Rangers players. It was inept how bad it was.

I think he might have got sent off if we had not scored the first, as tried his best to wipe Alfie out but he just about managed to dive over him.
Yes he tried to clean out Alfie and then his dive to try and stop Joe Aribo's goal was way outside the box.

Back