The B team season starts today

Thoroughly enjoyed the 35 minutes of this I’ve watched, KRH, Lindsay and Lyall have been the stand outs.

A lot of nice passing both short and long, move the opposition about well before turning the pace on to break.

Very promising for the coming season.

Finishes 2-0, Weston’s goal came after a nice flick from Lindsay was laid back to him allowing him to play through Weston who cooly tucked it away.

Thoroughly enjoyed the 35 minutes of this I’ve watched, KRH, Lindsay and Lyall have been the stand outs.

A lot of nice passing both short and long, move the opposition about well before turning the pace on to break.

Finishes 2-0, Weston’s goal came after a nice flick from Lindsay was laid back to him allowing him to play through Weston who cooly tucked it away.
Their goalie made a few top quality saves aswell, probably should’ve been 4/5-0

Defence as a whole looked solid. I thought that might be our weak point with youngsters against the archetypal Scottish 'unit' up front but they held their own quite easily. Some are clearly better than this level and may be loaned out again within the SPFL.

In midfield Lindsay looks a great prospect. In some ways he reminds me of both Kai Kennedy and Stephen Kelly.

Lyall, Weston and Ure all look effective going forward in different ways - trickery, pace and strength.

I'm going to enjoy watching their matches this season. Maybe on 'mute' though.;)

bF7F8l7.png

Says on BBC site

Match abandoned - No events
Edinburgh University 1 Broomhill 2

Match abandoned - No events
Gala Fairydean 0 East Stirlingshire 1

What's the crowd like, and how much to get in? I'm in Dumbarton and planning on going to a few of these.
£7 to get in, I think the crowd was around 300 which was all that was allowed as Dumbarton can only hold 2000. Good performance though especially in the second half, goal by Tony Weston and Robbie Muir ( Both good players ), there were a few others who impressed also but I don’t know their names yet. I’ll try and get to as many as I can as I’m only along the road.

Last edited:
Hope Tony Weston keeps scoring. Would be nice if we could bring through a striker into the first team. It's been a long time coming and I think we've got the right staff in place to see that transition happen.

We've brought him in from Blackpool so not quite as good as bringing a striker through the ranks

£7 to get in, I think the crowd was around 300 which which was all that was allowed as Dumbarton can only hold 2000. Good performance though especially in the second half, goal by Tony Weston and Robbie Muir ( Both good players ), there were a few others who impressed also but I don’t know their names yet. I’ll try and get to as many as I can as I’m only along the road.
Thanks mate.

Good win today. Hopefully get a few more of these games throughout the season.

Official match report:

From the official match report:-

“The goal was coming, and in the 68th minute, Tony Weston netted the historic first goal for Rangers B in the Lowland League. He found space through the Bo’Mess defence and drove forward for a chance on goal, putting it straight past Murphy and into the back of the net”

I’m sure it was an innocent typo and not us trolling the opposition. ;)

This is a very good result. Bo'ness are one of the favourites for the league. Bodes well for the season

Ironically though, if we did push for the title, it would likely hamper our chances of either being voted into League 2 or getting a permanent position in the LL. I think the broad expectation was that we wouldn't be challenging (based on Mullholand's comments when it was first launched).

Defence as a whole looked solid. I thought that might be our weak point with youngsters against the archetypal Scottish 'unit' up front but they held their own quite easily. Some are clearly better than this level and may be loaned out again within the SPFL.

In midfield Lindsay looks a great prospect. In some ways he reminds me of both Kai Kennedy and Stephen Kelly.

Lyall, Weston and Ure all look effective going forward in different ways - trickery, pace and strength.

I'm going to enjoy watching their matches this season. Maybe on 'mute' though.;)

I'm so excited for the wee man. He looks genuinely exceptional.

I'm so excited for the wee man. He looks genuinely exceptional.
I watched the highlights back today and he was a lot better than I remembered (and I thought he was brilliant).

Played a reverse through ball to get Weston in at one point that was like a drive and pass Davis would do in his first spell.

I watched the highlights back today and he was a lot better than I remembered (and I thought he was brilliant).

Played a reverse through ball to get Weston in at one point that was like a drive and pass Davis would do in his first spell.

Are the highlights on RTV bud? Can't see them anywhere on the site.

Watched the Burnley highlights and he was pinging it about, beating men, tackling, the lot. He even scored a nice finish with his supposed weaker foot. All that, and he's staunch.

A bit slight just now but wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get a chance at some point this season.

Are the highlights on RTV bud? Can't see them anywhere on the site.

Watched the Burnley highlights and he was pinging it about, beating men, tackling, the lot. He even scored a nice finish with his supposed weaker foot. All that, and he's staunch.

A bit slight just now but wouldn't be at all surprised to see him get a chance at some point this season.
Aye mate they are, just go to the latest section and scroll down - only about 6 min highlights but still pretty good.

Can anyone playing in the B team be called up to the first team during the season? Or must they stay in that squad until January or the rest of the season.

Very excited to see how Charlie Lindsay's career progresses.

Back