The barrier at the away supporters health and safety concerns for home support travelling to and from Edmiston Drive past the Copland?

LarkfiedLoyalNS

Anyone had any word back regarding this?

Under no circumstances should this be erected no matter who we are playing it’s an accident waiting to happen.

I don’t want the excuses it was because the memorials or Edmiston house works even taking them out the picture it really is going to take someone falling and being seriously hurt if it not removed immediately going forward.

If the police want to protect or guarantee away supporters safety make sure they are all bussed/or walked and kettled in to the away end an hour before kick off like we are at parkhead.

It was a joke last week.

I had genuine fear of a crush at one point trying to get to my seat at GR7 through the back of the Copland Road

The thing is though it’s not just last week mate, it’s like this all the time. The flooding etc didn’t help on Edmiston drive or the tributes but I’ve said it before and after games when there’s been none of the above including the works at Edmiston house walking into the Copland road stand area before the game or Edmiston Drive after is an accident waiting to happen walking into bodies coming at you/or you going towards them I hate to repeat it but it’s an accident waiting to happen.

This was wild last week.

Ended up having to walk past the fan zone then take the next left and back up the stairs, it’s been very bad this season

Under no circumstances should this be erected no matter who we are playing it’s an accident waiting to happen.

I don’t want the excuses it was because the memorials or Edmiston house works even taking them out the picture it really is going to take someone falling and being seriously hurt if it not removed immediately going forward.

If the police want to protect or guarantee away supporters safety make sure they are all bussed/or walked and kettled in to the away end an hour before kick off like we are at parkhead.
Nothing at all, giving them until Friday then I’ll email them all again.

I was trying to get my disabled father in law into carpark 1 at the sheep game, drove slowly up towards the Broomloan at 6:45, after having been passed by the steward at the bottom and I had eight cops swamp my car as they were in the process of putting their barrier up, battering their hands on my bonnet saying I was endangering pedestrians and driving on a pavement. Neither of which I was doing. They were threatening and hostile until I pointed out i had a carpark pass and an 81 year old disabled guy in the back. They still wouldn't let me through and loads more cars behind me were in the same boat. I've written to the club about it.

I was trying to get my disabled father in law into carpark 1 at the sheep game, drove slowly up towards the Broomloan at 6:45, after having been passed by the steward at the bottom and I had eight cops swamp my car as they were in the process of putting their barrier up, battering their hands on my bonnet saying I was endangering pedestrians and driving on a pavement. Neither of which I was doing. They were threatening and hostile until I pointed out i had a carpark pass and an 81 year old disabled guy in the back. They still wouldn't let me through and loads more cars behind me were in the same boat. I've written to the club about it.
That’s terrible, but sounds more like a problem with the police than the club? I’d be complaining to them - while I’d probably not expect a decent answer tbf.

That’s terrible, but sounds more like a problem with the police than the club? I’d be complaining to them - while I’d probably not expect a decent answer tbf.
We couldn't get parked elsewhere so just came home. What troubled me was the way the cops straight away accused me of driving on the pavement. There isn't even a pavement there and I was driving at a snails pace up the middle of the road.

Trying to get out of the Broomloan Rear with everyone attempting to exit the same way is also a nightmare. Always feels like it wouldn’t take much for a crush to happen.

Surely it is a safer option to allow the stand to clear as it was designed to even if it means keeping away supporters behind until it is deemed safe to leave.

That was mental last week. All it would have taken was one person to fall to the ground and like dominos you could have hundreds on ground being crushed.

Beano O'Higgins won't be givin a fuuk as he's on his way to the piggery.

So tread carefully.

Agreed. Aberdeen game could have resulted in a serious incident.

I hope the Club are working in the background to resolve this before we are talking about a more serious outcome. Maybe I missed it, but that they haven't deemed to comment on this yet, I find alarming.

It was very dodgy at the sheep game. I was trying to get to the Govan rear and at one point couldn't move and there were still folk pressing up from behind.

Correct on all fronts.

High profile away fans should be made ro congregate at a central point and bussed in 1 hour before ko and kept in after game and bussed back to that point. English police manage so called bubble games no.problem amd it should be introduced here.

The barrier is nothing but a GIFUY to us for reducing the beasts allocation. Inconvenience Rangers fans at our home game! As has been said, have the away support in an hour before, any stragglers get in after kick off. Keep them in 15 minutes after FT.
It’s absolutely nothing to do with that, I can remember access being limited for European games before

They’ve started doing it as the norm for category A games now though

I hope the Club are working in the background to resolve this before we are talking about a more serious outcome. Maybe I missed it, but that they haven't deemed to comment on this yet, I find alarming.

A phrase that I know that you know usually means that nothing's been done about it all.

Usually because nobody at the Club cares a sod about it.

I was caught up in it and thought it's ok we're not on stairs. But then it started to get really crushed and people were stating to panic, especially those with kids. Something needs to be done before it's to late

That night was a perfect storm in relation to the issues. The gates whereby flowers were laid down and people standing watching it, roads shut off due to flooding when people had to re-route ,trains late,people running around trying to get in for the mins silence and for what- 500 sheep? Police Scotland made an arse of it again.

Was a complete joke and dangerous.
We were walking along the back of the Copland to get to our seats in the main stand- police at the corner were turning everyone back effectively reversing the crowd onto itself and causing a potential crush. Very aggressive and shouting we all had to go behind the Sandy Jardine to get to our seats. Did that then got stopped round there because of barriers. Asked what we were supposed to do to get to our seats. Their answer? We don’t know.

Edit- ‘The police are a jolly horrible lot!’

Rangers should demand under health and safety concerns that visiting teams that require the barrier to be erected are held back for 30 mins at end of game and no more barriers

Rangers should demand under health and safety concerns that visiting teams that require the barrier to be erected are held back for 30 mins at end of game and no more barriers
That already happens?

The barrier is only up before the game, not after. For Celtic they need to be in the ground 90min before kick off I’m sure, then the barrier gets taken down

No reason we can’t insist all category A teams need to be in early - so Hibs/Aberdeen/Celtic

I can't get my head around people not reading an email with match info these days TBH.

Number of people running back around the Govan last week moaning like fck about it

I can't get my head around people not reading an email with match info these days TBH.

Number of people running back around the Govan last week moaning like fck about it
The email came out 3 hours before kick off. You could have people already set off on journey by that point or in pub not checking their emails.

The email came out 3 hours before kick off. You could have people already set off on journey by that point or in pub not checking their emails.

I don't know, in this day and age I just assume the majority of people have pretty regular access to their phones TBH, more so an event when you have to access it using a ticket on your device.

I don't know, in this day and age I just assume the majority of people have pretty regular access to their phones TBH, more so an event when you have to access it using a ticket on your device.
If you are a season ticket holder you aren't going to need to be using a device though. I think the club could communicate it better. There is also an inconsistency with when its up for those saying its for Category A games as it was not up for the hearts game.

If you are a season ticket holder you aren't going to need to be using a device though. I think the club could communicate it better. There is also an inconsistency with when its up for those saying its for Category A games as it was not up for the hearts game.
Also, the barrier was removed by the time we arrived for the Brondby game so got into the SJ no bother. Arrived even later for the Sheep game and the barrier was still there. Like you say, no consistency!

I just pray there isn't a terrible accident because of it.

Was dangerous a few seasons ago when they started this barrier nonsense. Thousands walking around from the Govan, heading straight into thousands walking in their direction from the Copland and Main stand etc was hell. The bottleneck the near the blue gates especially treacherous. Nearly missed my bus a few times trying to get round that minefield.

I have no recollection of the barrier prior to 18/19 season.

Likewise.

We walked round from the Govan to the Family Stand in 15/16 and 16/17 against both Hibs and Aberdeen and there was no barrier.

The first time I remember it was Hibs on Boxing Day 2018 and it was an absolute shambles. Totally bottlenecked at the Copland/Main Stand corner.

You had the perfect storm at the sheep game. Barrier up, lots of flooding and fans congregating at Walter’s tributes. All on top of the already reduced access.

I come out the other end but so wasn’t affected but been in a crush before and it’s a terrifying experience. The club need to deal with this, not ignore it. I don’t give a shit about the away fans, maximum inconvenience for the likes of the sheep is perfect.

Likewise.

We walked round from the Govan to the Family Stand in 15/16 and 16/17 against both Hibs and Aberdeen and there was no barrier.

The first time I remember it was Hibs on Boxing Day 2018 and it was an absolute shambles. Totally bottlenecked at the Copland/Main Stand corner.
Seem to remember chat at time of it being trialled for the tim game although they may have kept it up for the week.

You really should try then. Not everyone is interested in their phones and emails. Just because you are that type don't think others are at fault. Because they are not.

Reading the info didn't really make a difference to the fact it was fucking mobbed with bottlenecks everywhere.

I took a few steps into what I realised was a potential crush. About turned and head headed to the actual Copland Rd to make my way to GR7. As has been said its a disaster waiting to happen, let's hope lessons have been learned and this is the last time!

It's an absolute joke. Inconveniencing and potentially endangering thousands of regular fans for a few hundred away supporters, priorities are all wrong. As we made our way along the front of the main stand after not being able to get past the barrier there were a few Sheep fans with scarves on wandering through us heading for the away end so what's the point of the barrier?

You really should try then. Not everyone is interested in their phones and emails. Just because you are that type don't think others are at fault. Because they are not.

I don't even get that logic in this day and age to be honest.

I took a few steps into what I realised was a potential crush. About turned and head headed to the actual Copland Rd to make my way to GR7. As has been said its a disaster waiting to happen, let's hope lessons have been learned and this is the last time!
Nothing will change until something serious happens

Too many folk looking for excuses and someone else to blame for the crushing last week at the Copland Road end.

I'll say again what I said last week on the other thread.

The only supporters who should've been behind the Copland Road Stand is season ticket holders/ticket holders for the Copland Road Stand, no-one else.

The club have repeatedly asked supporters not to use this area as a cut through to the Govan Stand or the Main Stand/Enclosure/Club Deck due to the ongoing building work for Edmiston House.

The crush was caused by supporters not heeding the advice from the club.

Guaranteed it will be the same on Sunday. The "I always go this way" mob will do what they want.

I'm so looking forward to be caught up in it again, not!!!

The thing is though it’s not just last week mate, it’s like this all the time. The flooding etc didn’t help on Edmiston drive or the tributes but I’ve said it before and after games when there’s been none of the above including the works at Edmiston house walking into the Copland road stand area before the game or Edmiston Drive after is an accident waiting to happen walking into bodies coming at you/or you going towards them I hate to repeat it but it’s an accident waiting to happen.
No chance the cops remove the barrier . To much extra work for them to do if they do . It will be back up for Sparta I assume

It’s absolutely nothing to do with that, I can remember access being limited for European games before

They’ve started doing it as the norm for category A games now though

It has been in place for a number of years as you say.

I hate it as it adds 20 minutes on to my walk home. I am in GF1 so right at this corner. I need to walk right round the stadium to get to the Albion car park and walk on up Broomloan Road.

Why are we being inconvenienced and having to walk all against each other. There are 50,000 of us. Keep away fans in for 15 mins and the people are away anyway

Reactions: WBD
It has been in place for a number of years as you say.

I hate it as it adds 20 minutes on to my walk home. I am in GF1 so right at this corner. I need to walk right round the stadium to get to the Albion car park and walk on up Broomloan Road.

Why are we being inconvenienced and having to walk all against each other. There are 50,000 of us. Keep away fans in for 15 mins and the people are away anyway
Been in GR1 since warbs arrived, park on Helen st and had never seen the barrier prior to hivs in dec 18, remember a heavy police presence for sheep 1 night but never the barrier and we were able to take our normal route to GR1

Been in GR1 since warbs arrived, park on Helen st and had never seen the barrier prior to hivs in dec 18, remember a heavy police presence for sheep 1 night but never the barrier and we were able to take our normal route to GR1
Sure there used to be some barrier up for Celtic games but didn’t really have same impact as no RSC parked on Helen street for those games

I have a vague recollection of there being restrictions for the odd European game, for some reason I’m thinking Man Utd but I could be wrong

Sure there used to be some barrier up for Celtic games but didn’t really have same impact as no RSC parked on Helen street for those games

I have a vague recollection of there being restrictions for the odd European game, for some reason I’m thinking Man Utd but I could be wrong

Rather than a barrier it was lines of police for Man United I had a season ticket in BF5 at the time and moved to BF2/3 for it.

There was a bit of pavement dancing and shouting and the police had batons withdrawn but that’s all that happened that night.

Back