The barrier at the away supporters health and safety concerns for home support travelling to and from Edmiston Drive past the Copland?

It’s an accident waiting to happen. I stood back for a good 20 mins through fear of a crush. Ended up missing the minutes silence for Walter

Too many folk looking for excuses and someone else to blame for the crushing last week at the Copland Road end.

I'll say again what I said last week on the other thread.

The only supporters who should've been behind the Copland Road Stand is season ticket holders/ticket holders for the Copland Road Stand, no-one else.

The club have repeatedly asked supporters not to use this area as a cut through to the Govan Stand or the Main Stand/Enclosure/Club Deck due to the ongoing building work for Edmiston House.

The crush was caused by supporters not heeding the advice from the club.

Guaranteed it will be the same on Sunday. The "I always go this way" mob will do what they want.

I'm so looking forward to be caught up in it again, not!!!
Do you not understand, going past the copland was the only way to get to the Govan because of the barrier

Sure there used to be some barrier up for Celtic games but didn’t really have same impact as no RSC parked on Helen street for those games

I have a vague recollection of there being restrictions for the odd European game, for some reason I’m thinking Man Utd but I could be wrong

The used to barrier off the Celtic fans going right up Govan Road back when they had the Broomloan. It was Rangers fans inconvienced for that too. We stood for over an hour one day having come out of the Main Stand trying to get to Drumoyne.

Sure there used to be some barrier up for Celtic games but didn’t really have same impact as no RSC parked on Helen street for those games

I have a vague recollection of there being restrictions for the odd European game, for some reason I’m thinking Man Utd but I could be wrong
Aye well tims had full run of that approach prior to allocation cut. Old firm weed park down behind the govan. Would imagine man u would've had some form of restrictions due to high numbers of travelling fans and the Scotland England aspect

I was trying to get my disabled father in law into carpark 1 at the sheep game, drove slowly up towards the Broomloan at 6:45, after having been passed by the steward at the bottom and I had eight cops swamp my car as they were in the process of putting their barrier up, battering their hands on my bonnet saying I was endangering pedestrians and driving on a pavement. Neither of which I was doing. They were threatening and hostile until I pointed out i had a carpark pass and an 81 year old disabled guy in the back. They still wouldn't let me through and loads more cars behind me were in the same boat. I've written to the club about it.
That is awful mate, hope you get a reply from the club

No chance the cops remove the barrier . To much extra work for them to do if they do . It will be back up for Sparta I assume
The barriers have been moved/opened for both Brondby and Aberdeen games for full time, so that those in the Govan Stand can make their way out as they normally would. The away fans having been kept inside for a while after the game.

If the barriers are still up, they will be open before the game on Sunday I'd imagine, especially now no away fans will be there. Even if 700 RC fans did travel, there would be no reason to separate us.

Rather than a barrier it was lines of police for Man United I had a season ticket in BF5 at the time and moved to BF2/3 for it.

There was a bit of pavement dancing and shouting and the police had batons withdrawn but that’s all that happened that night.
Ahh, I see. I was in GF but parked just off Helen street so had to go the long way round but wasn’t sure if it was barriers

Do you not understand, going past the copland was the only way to get to the Govan because of the barrier

Wrong!! Think it's you (and many others) who doesn't understand the advice from the club.

The club has asked fans to use Edmiston Drive, turn left onto Copland Road and then turn left at either Harrison Drive and go up the steps or Mafeking Street and up the slope towards the Rangers Shop.

Only supporters with tickets for the Copland Road Stand should be behind that stand for safety reasons due to other crushes earlier in the season.

Wrong!! Think it's you (and many others) who doesn't understand the advice from the club.

The club has asked fans to use Edmiston Drive, turn left onto Copland Road and then turn left at either Harrison Drive and go up the steps or Mafeking Street and up the slope towards the Rangers Shop.

Only supporters with tickets for the Copland Road Stand should be behind that stand for safety reasons due to other crushes earlier in the season.
First I've heard of it

Take the barrier down, that's the simple and safest solution
Barriers away combined with away fans (that are deemed a potential safety issue) being required to be inside the ground at least 60 mins before kick off, should be the way forward.

I'm sure the SLO has read about the issues on here as well as the Club having received a vast number of emails on the matter with folks complaints and concerns, so let's hope these changes are made in time for Sparta.

I don't even have a log in for my emails on my phone. There's nothing there that can't wait till I get home. I'd imagine many folk are the same.

Be surprised by that given how much support of a football teams leans on emails these days

Half time at most games there are more people these days with their face lit up looking at their phone than there are speaking TBH

Genuine question here but what does our SLO actually do?

This is the sort of issue he should be tackling head on and updating the fans, i saw the crushing before the Aberdeen game and it was scary, people have rightfully raised this and are being ignored. The SLO should realise although he is employed by the club he is there to represent us and shouldnt be scared of upsetting anyone in there.

I can't get my head around people not reading an email with match info these days TBH.

Number of people running back around the Govan last week moaning like fck about it

Police were directing (aggressively) the crowd to turn around at the Copland and go that way. Only to be turned back at the barriers.
Match commander should be getting his balls booted big time.

It was truly frightening how none was hurt I don't know there where kids crying dads had them up on his shoulders. woman cop telling people to move on fat cop on a horse just watching it all happening around him

Police were directing (aggressively) the crowd to turn around at the Copland and go that way. Only to be turned back at the barriers.
Match commander should be getting his balls booted big time.

Fair, I was late, walked right from my bus to seat, the only dealings I had were walking down the back of the Govan and it just looked like people who hadn't bothered to find out where they should be going.

I know mate, but don't you agree for the safety of our support is to bin the barrier

I do agree the barriers are a nonsense. Our fans shouldn't be getting f*cked about because fans of other clubs can't behave and because Police Scotland can't manage crowd control in a more suitable way.

BUT, the barriers were only an issue last week against the sheep. There has also been crushes at two or three other games this season when the barriers were not in place, purely because too many supporters were cutting through behind the Copland Road Stand when there is not enough space to do so.

It will be the similar on Sunday with no away fans and no barriers to blame, there will still be issues behind the Copland Road Stand. Folk will still be using it as a short cut without a care in the world for the possible consequences.

Are the club waiting for someone to be injured (or worse) before actually sorting out this major issue for our fans??

On a lighter note, I was in such a rush to get into the ground after being caught up in all this that I ended up in the wrong part of the groundm Govan front instead of Govan rear :oops:

On a lighter note, I was in such a rush to get into the ground after being caught up in all this that I ended up in the wrong part of the groundm Govan front instead of Govan rear :oops:
A guy done that in GE too. He was supposed to be in the GF and harrassed the steward in the concorse during the minutes silence about how he (the steward) better get him there. :rolleyes: Saw him getting led down the track a few minutes in.

Our bus parks in Helen street, my father (78) and I are in SJ stand , any time I have approached the police with him and asked to get him through he barriers PS have been courteous and allowed us both through with no issues.
Regarding the Aberdeen game there, I was working while my father was not well so couldn’t make the game so can’t make a comment regarding it, on the first couple of occasions they were erected I left my father at th barrier and made my own way right round and on a weekend in daytime in dry weather it is still manic.
I do agree with others that those fans should be herded in and out at appropriate times the same way we are treated at those (mainly the piggery) venues.

I was in nice and early so avoided any problems, followed the advice (which was posted by the club for AFTER the game to not go towards Subway behind Copland stand and instead use Copland Road) and ended up further back in the Subway queue than I've ever been before, getting back into Buchanan St later than from the Brondby game that had kicked off 15 mins later. With an overnight bus to catch, getting away without mega delays is necessary. Club need to communicate things better and have stewards outside to direct people, barriers or no barriers.

I would imagine it’s going to be the same tomorrow night?
I've spoke about this on another thread yesterday. It won't be as bad as the Aberdeen game as Walters memorial contributed to it. Its still a danger to our support and my opinion is the barrier should be binned

I don’t know if it is still there as it doesn’t affect me where I sit but I was at Walters drive past and there was a fence put up at the Copland side.

I presume this is to allow safe passage of the players to their cars?

If this is the case it needs to be taken down pronto. The fence should be put up after the game once the ground has cleared.

The players don’t leave straight after the game anyway so there is no requirement for it to be up permanently

It was a right squeeze going past it and that was only a few thousand people going through it. I dread to think what it is like after a game.

Between this and the barriers at the away end, it is going to end in tiers

It's been 4 weeks since the crush at the Aberdeen game and unless I missed it there's been no comment from the club. Are they waiting till someone gets hurt or worse. Please bin the barrier Rangers

Barriers in place pre match removed during game time and away fans kept in for 30 minutes after full time to give Rangers fans time to leave the stadium.

Have the club commented on it at all?

Was in early for the Aberdeen game but it’s been very noticeable all season how busy it is at the corner of Copland and Main Stand.

Stewards/coppers should be doing more to direct fans instead of standing around doing hee haw.

Barriers in place pre match removed during game time and away fans kept in for 30 minutes after full time to give Rangers fans time to leave the stadium.
It's pre match that the problem happens. Believe me I was caught up in the crush before the Aberdeen game, and it was scary. There was fathers panicking for the safety of their children

It's pre match that the problem happens. Believe me I was caught up in the crush before the Aberdeen game, and it was scary. There was fathers panicking for the safety of their children
I completely misunderstood I thought it was after the game when Bears wanted to go round the Broomie end,Apologies.

Still no comment from the club. Do we even know if the barrier will be up tomorrow night. Someone said on another thread there will only be 40 Sparta fans. Surely there's no need for the barrier if that's right.

You are never going to stop Bears from walking in both directions, would be better to have better lights in that area.

Have the club commented on it at all?

Was in early for the Aberdeen game but it’s been very noticeable all season how busy it is at the corner of Copland and Main Stand.

Stewards/coppers should be doing more to direct fans instead of standing around doing hee haw.

Cops were directing the crowd back on itself (aggressively, I might add) in both directions- turned back at the corner of main stand and Copland- told to go round the back of the stadium to get to our seats, then also turned back at the barrier and told to go the way we just came.
Complete shambles and the police acting like jumped up boot boys as usual.

Back