The board must share some of the blame.

UB? I've heard way more people than the UB singing TBB. Sometimes about 80% of the stadium.
Totally argee matevits not just the ub or young guys that sing it see plenty people all round the ground young and old sing it. Having said that I do think the ub allowed it to creep it started from there

This. It’s absolutely ridiculous, we’re talking about grown men and women, not a fucking classroom full of weans.

Reading some of the threads yesterday I honestly found it alarming, in spite of the threat of expulsion and further punishment you’ve still got fans who want to be defiant. Brain donors, every one of them.

Brainless bigots. As much as it pains me to say it yesterday showed me we do have deeply engrained bigots in our midst.

We really need to sort this or we will be kicked out. And we won’t have an argument against. We have been told and better told.

For me it's no coincidence that these songs have started to creep back in at a time when the board needed the backing of the fans. In order to maintain that support, the board were somewhat powerless to turn people away as we need all the money we could get.

However, with our waiting list currently moving into the 10's of thousands , the board are now in a position to outright act on supporters caught sing and shouting things which we have been told for decades that we should not be singing or shouting.

I personally would not be surprised if the board comes out within the next few weeks with a zero tolerance policy, outlined in writing that supporters caught in the act will be banned henceforth.

It’s been obvious for years that the songbook had to change. Yet we got follow with pride.
We knew that FARE were monitoring our games and all we got was a message from the SLO.
Then the board launched everyone, anyone and it was great. However, it did not address the elephant in the room.
Now we are facing a heavy price for them being incompetent.
So It now needs the board to call a meeting with all those who represent the Rangers support and sort It.
So get round the table and sort the mess out.
The Rangers support is waiting for change and direction.So if the board won’t call a meeting Will someone please take the lead and sort it out.
If stewart Robinson was also singing the billy boys. Then yes I agree, they should

Personally, I think we do need that level of managing and we need someone new to do this, we don't have a charismatic leader on the current board.

I'd like to see Club1872 take a lead on this. We've seen in the past that when the board tries to do something, the usual suspects come out with the same old tired crap: "virtue signalling" "hunks" etc etc. Just look at the response to the Everyone, Anyone campaign. Maybe if it came from a recognised fans group, the reception would be different? Plus, we can't be spoon-fed all the time by the higher-ups. Time for fans to take action.

I do think now the club is totally within its own right to identify future offenders via cctv and ban them. Of course, had they been proactive and done this before we got a partial stand closure, people would have hit the roof: "not defending the fans" etc

This. It’s absolutely ridiculous, we’re talking about grown men and women, not a fucking classroom full of weans.

Reading some of the threads yesterday I honestly found it alarming, in spite of the threat of expulsion and further punishment you’ve still got fans who want to be defiant. Brain donors, every one of them.

It's about the blatant anti-Rangers discrimination., outright hypocrisy and double standards and outrageous agenda of unfare that grates.

It's also about how this new board is seeming to be as negligent in certain areas as Murray.

You can disarm them , that has to be the aim .
Disarm them???
What reality do you live in, you may or may not like it but they are reporting facts. They may be biased and choose to report about us and not them, I don’t know if that is the case or not, but they are reporting facts pure and simple.
Some simple minded folk will try and claim that 19th Century Terrorist is only meant referred to as a political movement, which to anyone who grew up in the west of Scotland is just ludicrous.

I'm not trying to blame them for the songs being sung. I've said that on this thread and, like I said about people ignoring comments to suit their own argument, you're doing that to try and deflect from the points where the board have failed.

The club admitted to applicants at a recent employment opportunity that Stewart and Dickson won't change the tact to tackle these issues.

What they're doing isn't working and didnt work in the 90s.

This regime have done a lot for us.

The fans are to blame for singing these songs that landed this ban.

The board continue to fail in a number of key areas in tackling issues we face

Those three points are all true and theres no point in continuing to debate further if you want argue against them all being true.

Nothing is being ignored or deflected by myself. The reality is, people ignoring warnings is not the fault of the club board. FARE (yes they're corrupt cunts) are UEFA's chosen organisation on fan behaviour. We have been warned on every Euro tie at Ibrox they'd be in attendance. Some ignored the warning and we got fucked.

On PR; Murray let that ship sail a long time ago and we let him hm do it. The PR war is being lost still, we lost it while we celebrated 9iar and Advocaat years.

The tims were lining up their duckies whist that was happening. We need to do the same, but it's a long way off. in the meantime, fans need to heed warnings and behave appropriately.

It’s been obvious for years that the songbook had to change. Yet we got follow with pride.
We knew that FARE were monitoring our games and all we got was a message from the SLO.
Then the board launched everyone, anyone and it was great. However, it did not address the elephant in the room.
So It now needs the board to call a meeting with all those who represent the Rangers support and sort It.
The Rangers support is waiting for change and direction.So if the board won’t call a meeting Will someone please take the lead and sort it out.

Come on mate
Bloody hell, we have been going over the song book issue for well over a decade. We the supporters play right into our enemies hands, and you want to blame the board, with everything they are dealing with you would think the support could help them by taking some responsibility.

Grow up it's not too late, we are not children to blame everyone else for our own failings.

The board maybe didn’t lead thickos by the hand and give them a macaroni picture of what not to sing
But any adult with a brain bigger than that of a gnat knows that TBB isn’t allowed.
19th Century Terrorist isn’t allowed. The pope isn’t allowed
Oh please.

We stopped singing TBB everyone else sings what they wish so of course people think it's fine to do what we like.

I wish arseholes individuals on here would stop abusing thier own.

The board are leading by example, surely? I've never seen footage of Dave King belting out The Billy Boys from the chairman's seat.

King has a lot of money invested in the Club now, so do others, they will drag the fanbase kicking and screaming into the modern world if they have to. But it really is simple, everyone knows what shouldn't be sung, just don't sing it. Hiding behind some ridiculous argument of "but Dave King has never came to my front door and told me personally not to sing about 19th Century Terrorists" isn't a valid excuse - in fact, you shouldn't be let out the house without a carer if your IQ is that low.

The first two posts on this thread are encouraging though. OP has very few Likes, the second post has over 80. This shows that, even on FF, fan opinion is that this has to stop. You are on the wrong side of history if you think otherwise.

The board are totally to blame for this.

They've lost the plot externally and internally.

When TBB was first banned the club knew it was driven by enemies of the club. When it started to drift back it was partly because the punters could see a free reign elsewhere. This needed to be addressed by the club in a wider context.

In the area of the UB section we have had probably about 4 or 5 incidents that have sparked wider singing in the stadium-this goes back to last season and when you are looking at multiple failures-what did the club do?

How often have we been told specifically what to focus on? It's all right saying everyone knows but there's been no follow up from the club-this didn't happen over night this was a long time coming.

Rather than the daft campaign we saw-you are not telling me senior figures getting the UB's, supporters association and a wider brief supported by SG that x,y and Z was off the menu-wouldn't have delivered results? Instead we got a modern day tokenism exercise that missed the target by miles.

Do we have anyone at the club capable of putting the social/cultural aspect and the wider "nastiness" from elsewhere in football on the table? Are we pushing the authorities? Are we driving discipline amongst our younger fans and singing section? Where we prepared for FARE and UEFA.

The answer to all of these is no. It's a resounding failure.

Of course there is accountability amongst the punters-no getting away from that but they need leadership there has been none.

We done massive damage to ourselves and the board carry the can over seasons for that.

Hopefully the club is proactive and uses domestic games to weed out the people who find it impossible not to sing a song and ban them.

It's about the blatant anti-Rangers discrimination., outright hypocrisy and double standards and outrageous agenda of unfare that grates.

It's also about how this new board is seeming to be as negligent in certain areas as Murray.

This is all about idiots singing banned songs they know they’re not allowed to sing. That’s the primary issue, everything else at this point is a mere deflection from the root cause of the problem.

It’s not the boards fault grown men can’t behave themselves.

Could you elaborate on their negligence? Maybe be a little bit more specific?

And whatever way you look at it, however you interpret it, no matter how unfair you deem it to be, we undeniably have a real issue on our hands. Face up to the facts that this will not be tolerated by UEFA, no matter how much we preach discrimination.

Cut it out, or we'll be chucked out.

The board are leading by example, surely? I've never seen footage of Dave King belting out The Billy Boys from the chairman's seat.

King has a lot of money invested in the Club now, so do others, they will drag the fanbase kicking and screaming into the modern world if they have to. But it really is simple, everyone knows what shouldn't be sung, just don't sing it. Hiding behind some ridiculous argument of "but Dave King has never came to my front door and told me personally not to sing about 19th Century Terrorists" isn't a valid excuse - in fact, you shouldn't be let out the house without a carer if your IQ is that low.

The first two posts on this thread are encouraging though. OP has very few Likes, the second post has over 80. This shows that, even on FF, fan opinion is that this has to stop. You are on the wrong side of history if you think otherwise.

If you manage anything in life-it goes beyond not breaking the rules yourself-ludicrous argument.

We have leaders and managers in life to support develop and sometimes police people within organisations and groups.

This is all about idiots singing banned songs they know they’re not allowed to sing. That’s the primary issue, everything else at this point is a mere deflection from the root cause of the problem.

It’s not the boards fault grown men can’t behave themselves.

Yes it is they are responsible for how the fans behave.

How many times have the club specifically addressed the TBB for example over the last three seasons or longer?
How do businesses survive if their first attempt at dealing with a problem doesn't work? Just do the same thing and say oh we tried?

I agree with most of your post but I think "Everyone Anyone" was probably a genuine attempt to hit the reset button because the club recognised "Follow with Pride" seemed so weak.

I think when the announcement was made about a rolling plan of follow ups the intention was probably to get in front of UEFA and be more pro-active/ engaging. I would expect this effort to be ramped up now but instead of being construed as welcome pro-active engagement the board's critics and the club's enemies will criticise it as window dressing/ closing the stable door/ kowtowing to FARE
Exactly. The people who blame Rangers for everything will continue to blame Rangers.

If you manage anything in life-it goes beyond not breaking the rules yourself-ludicrous argument.

We have leaders and managers in life to support develop and sometimes police people within organisations and groups.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here?

Sorry hee-haw to do with the board, if the fans stop singing the "songs" then that is it end of. Cannot believe the number of times on here before European games when someone has posted that FARE will be present "watch what you are singing" and still they do it, no-one can eradicate that other than the cretins that are doing it.

Nothing is being ignored or deflected by myself. The reality is, people ignoring warnings is not the fault of the club board. FARE (yes they're corrupt cunts) are UEFA's chosen organisation on fan behaviour. We have been warned on every Euro tie at Ibrox they'd be in attendance. Some ignored the warning and we got fucked.

On PR; Murray let that ship sail a long time ago and we let him hm do it. The PR war is being lost still, we lost it while we celebrated 9iar and Advocaat years.

The tims were lining up their duckies whist that was happening. We need to do the same, but it's a long way off. in the meantime, fans need to heed warnings and behave appropriately.

I've said time and again criticism of the board isn't about these songs.

The wider picture and the board get criticised, rightly for it, in your second paragraph is something they're doing enough of.

I've said, time and again, the fans need to cut out the songs.

The board will not, and have admitted this, change their tact to what you refer to in the 3rd paragraph. It's not a long way off. It wont happen with these guys in charge and they're sleepwalking into a worsening situation the longer they fail to address it properly.

Could you elaborate on their negligence? Maybe be a little bit more specific?

And whatever way you look at it, however you interpret it, no matter how unfair you deem it to be, we undeniably have a real issue on our hands. Face up to the facts that this will not be tolerated by UEFA, no matter how much we preach discrimination.

Cut it out, or we'll be chucked out.

Our board should be all over everything, everything the filth do, every day of the week. We should be on the phone every week to officially complain to the CO about everything.

FARE targeting our club individually and specifically? We should have been over these scum like a rash. We should have been have been pointing out the outrageous double standards of this sham of an organisation from day one.

Once again our negligence has undone us.

Is that specific enough.

When you seriously think the Board is somehow at fault then you really aren't seeing or understanding the problem.

There are people who go to our games more out of hate for other things than an actual love of the club. They will never listen to the Board, to fellow fans. Instead they will hide amongst decent supporters knowing they will get away with it.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here?

The club are responsible for the fans behaviour in this context-we have had multiple failures from the area of the UB over a season or two. We had at least one banned song that UEFA are aware of and we have allowed it back in getting louder and louder each season.

If you go to a tribunal over similar context-the management have allowed certain behaviour to be the norm then you'll win it every time.

I remember being on the Founders Trail and learning so much about our amazing history.
The guy who was running it said at the end of the tour, thanks to all of us for attending.. He then said something quite profound. He said we have this beautiful and amazing history yet we still want to sing about FTP and all the other garbage.... Why.???
He is 100% correct.

Sadly to a section of our support its more important to sing about fucking the pope and 19th Century Terrorists than it us to actually celebrate our club. Hope you enjoyed the trail mate I couldn't recommend it enough. Fascinating

When you seriously think the Board is somehow at fault then you really aren't seeing or understanding the problem.

There are people who go to our games more out of hate for other things than an actual love of the club. They will never listen to the Board, to fellow fans. Instead they will hide amongst decent supporters knowing they will get away with it.

That may be true but not everybody rattling out TBB is a complete moron.

It's a bit like work if your 15 minute tea break becomes set at 30 because nobody is policing it-everyone ends up taking 30 mins.

Oh please.

We stopped singing TBB everyone else sings what they wish so of course people think it's fine to do what we like.

I wish arseholes individuals on here would stop abusing thier own.

And people like you only cause harm to our club.
%^*& everyone else. They’ve not caused 3000 rangers fans to miss a game and £100k taken away from the club. People who can’t stop singing a stupid irrelevant song have

Sorry hee-haw to do with the board, if the fans stop singing the "songs" then that is it end of. Cannot believe the number of times on here before European games when someone has posted that FARE will be present "watch what you are singing" and still they do it, no-one can eradicate that other than the cretins that are doing it.

What did the club do about this knowing FARE were here with an agenda? Just let it happen?

The club are responsible for the fans behaviour in this context-we have had multiple failures from the area of the UB over a season or two. We had at least one banned song that UEFA are aware of and we have allowed it back in getting louder and louder each season.

If you go to a tribunal over similar context-the management have allowed certain behaviour to be the norm then you'll win it every time.

UEFA hold them responsible I agree.

But I don't see a situation arising where a group of fans take the board to court claiming that no one told to stop the singing over the course of a few years.

I think there is a case for total clarity on what is acceptable .

Some within our support have to get this , if it takes the club leading them by the hand and spelling it out , so be it

Plain English required.

Do fans need to be told? How clear do you want, remember that wee blue book, remember the previous fines , remember being told repeatedly by the club to drop the offensive lyrics and songs?
I do I expect almost every fan does as well some are just too ignorant to want to understand.

Our board should be all over everything, everything the filth do, every day of the week. We should be on the phone every week to officially complain to the CO about everything.

FARE targeting our club individually and specifically? We should have been over these scum like a rash. We should have been have been pointing out the outrageous double standards of this sham of an organisation from day one.

Once again our negligence has undone us.

Is that specific enough.

Yes we should've. Yes we could've.

But comparing this board to the Murray board is ridiculous.

And whilst I agree with some of what you're saying, the reality is we have no line of defence, and unfortunately have to accept that we need to change.

Sorry OP I disagree.

Dave King addressed a sold out Ibrox before the first Progres game 2yrs ago & basically told all in attendence not to do or sing anything that would harm the club. The board have made mistakes, this isnt one of them. This is on the support

If folk want to get so pissed pre match that they cant help themselves to sing FTP etc then either dont drink or dont go to the game.

The UB bring colour & noise to the game but they have scored a bit of an OG with a couple of the songs they sing. Interesingly enough, the full stadium singing Every Saturday We Follow can be spine tingling, particularly in a game against Them or a European Night

Is there any Rangers fan who is seriously waiting for a club rep to announce a statement saying something like "we demand the right for our fans to sing/chant about people being 19th Century Terrorist bastards. Even though we've been told repeatedly that it's not on, we - as Scotland's premier professional football club - still think it should be allowed"?

The Billy Boys' ship has sailed.
It's gone.
Sing Rangers songs and move on.

What did the club do about this knowing FARE were here with an agenda? Just let it happen?

The warnings of FARE's presence had been passed down from the heirarchy via various channels, it was posted on here that they would be present!

We'd all love to hear an announcement pre-match "UEFA have their Celtic-supporting FARE lackies in the crowd tonight, so don't be signing the naughty songs" - but I somehow don't think UEFA would look kindly on that.

And yes, as posted above, Dave King was on the pitch before the Progres match 2 years ago pleading with the crowd to behave as befitting Rangers fans. You're wrong to say they've done nothing.

The board are totally to blame for this.

They've lost the plot externally and internally.

When TBB was first banned the club knew it was driven by enemies of the club. When it started to drift back it was partly because the punters could see a free reign elsewhere. This needed to be addressed by the club in a wider context.

In the area of the UB section we have had probably about 4 or 5 incidents that have sparked wider singing in the stadium-this goes back to last season and when you are looking at multiple failures-what did the club do?

How often have we been told specifically what to focus on? It's all right saying everyone knows but there's been no follow up from the club-this didn't happen over night this was a long time coming.

Rather than the daft campaign we saw-you are not telling me senior figures getting the UB's, supporters association and a wider brief supported by SG that x,y and Z was off the menu-wouldn't have delivered results? Instead we got a modern day tokenism exercise that missed the target by miles.

Do we have anyone at the club capable of putting the social/cultural aspect and the wider "nastiness" from elsewhere in football on the table? Are we pushing the authorities? Are we driving discipline amongst our younger fans and singing section? Where we prepared for FARE and UEFA.

The answer to all of these is no. It's a resounding failure.

Of course there is accountability amongst the punters-no getting away from that but they need leadership there has been none.

We done massive damage to ourselves and the board carry the can over seasons for that.

There's two different strands to this. Yes, the Club/Board could have done more over many years to highlight the imbalance, the unjustness, the persecution of our fanbase etc. I doubt anyone would question that.

However, to try and deflect from the fact that many - it wasn't just UB08 obviously - were singing songs they knew were likely to get us into trouble by laying the blame at the feet of the Board for inaction on previous incidents doesn't sit well with me at all. We fans know - and have known for years and years - that the time was coming when we got hammered for this. Certainly in Europe and, most probably in the near future, in Scotland too. A cosy wee chat between King and UB08 suggesting they don't sing about '19th Century Terrorist bastards' would have changed what precisely? It would have made not a bit of difference. Its not 'leadership' that is/was required its common sense. I'm sure you've read the thread on how the NI fans addressed the issue - it was, almost exclusively, fan driven. That's what's needed here not 'leadership' from Dave King. @sherbrook_loyal isn't too far off the mark with his thread but, I suspect, it is likely to fall on deaf ears. https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/union-bears-have-two-choices-–-lead-or-die.87002/

That's not to say that the Board shouldn't do more to engage with the fans - but I see that as a much wider issue, covering many, many more topics than simply the signing of songs that have no place in a football stadium.

What do you want the board to do? The minute they take the issue up all that will be put in front of them is our songbook.

The board cant go in on it until we are squeaky clean, it's pointless otherwise.

What can the club do? FARE have an agenda against us so don't give them the ammunition to use against us.

The board warned us they;d be present. Sadly some have this macho attitude of "%^*& FARE, I wasn't going to sing TBB, but I will now!" It's exactly the response FARE are looking for.

The warnings of FARE's presence had been passed down from the heirarchy via various channels, it was posted on here that they would be present!

We'd all love to hear an announcement pre-match "UEFA have their Celtic-supporting FARE lackies in the crowd tonight, so don't be signing the naughty songs" - but I somehow don't think UEFA would look kindly on that.

And yes, as posted above, Dave King was on the pitch before the Progres match 2 years ago pleading with the crowd to behave as befitting Rangers fans. You're wrong to say they've done nothing.

2 years ago was a long time ago. Passing things down via whoever is not an effective strategy quite clearly the case-the board have done nowhere near enough and it's got worse and worse-if it were football results we would be demanding the manager was sacked.

2 years ago was a long time ago. Passing things down via whoever is not an effective strategy quite clearly the case-the board have done nowhere near enough and it's got worse and worse-if it were football results we would be demanding the manager was sacked.

OK, so 2 years ago it wasn't ok to sing TBB, but now it's a grey area since apparently you need reminded that it's still not ok.:rolleyes:

OK, so 2 years ago it wasn't ok to sing TBB, but now it's a grey area since apparently you need reminded that it's still not ok.:rolleyes:

If I was getting paid a 6 figure sum and was being paid by the chairman to come up with a strategy to stop TBB I'd expect the sack if it got worse over 2 years.

%^*& sake mate have you any idea how the world works? We don't have people in positions of authority for a laugh-if people are left to their own devices it has a tendency to go in a bad direction.

There's two different strands to this. Yes, the Club/Board could have done more over many years to highlight the imbalance, the unjustness, the persecution of our fanbase etc. I doubt anyone would question that.

However, to try and deflect from the fact that many - it wasn't just UB08 obviously - were singing songs they knew were likely to get us into trouble by laying the blame at the feet of the Board for inaction on previous incidents doesn't sit well with me at all. We fans know - and have known for years and years - that the time was coming when we got hammered for this. Certainly in Europe and, most probably in the near future, in Scotland too. A cosy wee chat between King and UB08 suggesting they don't sing about '19th Century Terrorist bastards' would have changed what precisely? It would have made not a bit of difference. Its not 'leadership' that is/was required its common sense. I'm sure you've read the thread on how the NI fans addressed the issue - it was, almost exclusively, fan driven. That's what's needed here not 'leadership' from Dave King. @sherbrook_loyal isn't too far off the mark with his thread but, I suspect, it is likely to fall on deaf ears. https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/union-bears-have-two-choices-–-lead-or-die.87002/

That's not to say that the Board shouldn't do more to engage with the fans - but I see that as a much wider issue, covering many, many more topics than simply the signing of songs that have no place in a football stadium.

It's clear from this thread many think the Board carry little responsibility.

SG is as big a figurehead as we've had in our history in context-he would have been a great lever after several incidents for a fans summit to convey the message-shake a few hands etc etc.

The directives taken were ill advised and clearly ineffective and I suspect massively expensive. It's a very common mistake the Board made but they seem clueless to the internal and external issues-they don't get their audience at all.

Really? It's okay to sing songs about people dying in an airplane crash, it's okay for the vermin and dolly to sing about the Ibrox disaster and according to you it needs to be ratified by UEFA before it gets a bad press?

Fcuk me seven ways to next Sunday.
Nail on head bud at least someone else is acknowledging the one way street we are up against here

Back