The board must share some of the blame.

It’s been obvious for years that the songbook had to change. Yet we got follow with pride.
We knew that FARE were monitoring our games and all we got was a message from the SLO.
Then the board launched everyone, anyone and it was great. However, it did not address the elephant in the room.
Now we are facing a heavy price for them being incompetent.
So It now needs the board to call a meeting with all those who represent the Rangers support and sort It.
So get round the table and sort the mess out.
The Rangers support is waiting for change and direction.So if the board won’t call a meeting Will someone please take the lead and sort it out.
Rangers songs only .
The rest and those who sing them not welcome .
Thats how i read the statement.
Simple .

It’s been obvious for years that the songbook had to change. Yet we got follow with pride.
We knew that FARE were monitoring our games and all we got was a message from the SLO.
Then the board launched everyone, anyone and it was great. However, it did not address the elephant in the room.
So It now needs the board to call a meeting with all those who represent the Rangers support and sort It.
The Rangers support is waiting for change and direction.So if the board won’t call a meeting Will someone please take the lead and sort it out.

Are you foolish enough to think a songbook would be enough to stop grown men singing a song?

The worry for me is what punishment it’s going to take for us to get the message?

This is a big season and we ourselves are giving the media and those in control an easy target.

Yet some on here are blaming the board and even Stewart Robertson. For those people remember when you point the finger, how many are pointing back at you!

Are you foolish enough to think a songbook would be enough to stop grown men singing a song?

The worry for me is what punishment it’s going to take for us to get the message?

This is a big season and we ourselves are giving the media and those in control an easy target.

Yet some on here are blaming the board and even Stewart Robertson. For those people remember when you point the finger, how many are pointing back at you!

If SR is responsible in driving down the likes of TBB he deserves the sack 100%-in the last few years it's got worse.

Guys on that type of salary need to understand the issues that cause problems and find solutions.

i can remember a good few years ago, think it was under one of the tenures of Walter Smith, Rangers and the scum were asked for numbers of fans barred for sectarian behaviour, i cant remember exact numbers but at the time Rangers had barred 500+ fans and those mutants only 10!

this hypocritical, duplicitous one way barrage is not new nor is it going to change until BOTH sides of the sectarian divide/ issue are looked at! fairly, impartially and objectively and BOTH sets of fans are policed to the same standard.

as it stands this is not the case, just looking at today's headlines is all you need to know, we are being fucking crucified by everyone and yet that shower of shite have never been under scrutiny so severe even with the child abuse issues, quite frankly its staggering as to the lengths our enemies will go to to discredit us.
and this is why we have to wise up, the whataboutery shite has to stop! %^*& what they sing! but tit for tat "if they sing this we'll sing that" is going nowhere were only going to get hammered.

it matters not a jot how rancid that mob are they are untouchable and until such times that changes we have to get a lot smarter a lot quicker or were all going to suffer and the name of Rangers will be forever tarnished,
we've all watched over the years the constant attacks on the club and support its still ongoing, its not going away and the singing of certain songs (even though i dont agree with banning a song incase some turd gets offended) has to be reigned in, im fed up listening to its our heritage and history, no guys sorry, its some of your heritage and history but NOT all of us think that way, there are a lot more people these days support Rangers that dont agree or follow that heritage.

its not about history or heritage its about rules, laws and a modern approach to certain views that quite frankly are backwards in the 21st century, we , as a support have to move on from the 19th Century Terrorist, anti catholic ira song book if not we will be mired forever as the sectarian Glasgow club, we need to be smart, box clever and clean up our act and be known as the ONLY Glasgow club.

The support have scored a massive OG with this one. The club and football team have piled on the pressure on the field and that mob are cracking on the it. They have a certain case going on in regards to their boys club, the support are split on the management team, they have sp*unked £10m down the drain, lost their biggest asset and have been dumped out of the champions league.

Serious questions were starting to be asked and pressure would have been heightened...

The stars appear to be aligning in red, white and blue, and yet what do we do as a support?

Correct, we sing songs that we know are going to get the club punished, a section of our own support punished and take all the heat away from that lot.

Clueless.

And people like you only cause harm to our club.
%^*& everyone else. They’ve not caused 3000 rangers fans to miss a game and £100k taken away from the club. People who can’t stop singing a stupid irrelevant song have
99% of Ibrox has sung the song so take your high and mighty bs elsewhere.

You cannot blame the board for this one, the fans need to either wise up or the club will pay the ultimate price, I'm all in favour of free speech but this is 2019 where being offended is the new black and if we don't stop singing the songs that offend we will be out of Europe.

Would you go to work and sing one of these songs? Would you do it in the street that you live in? So why the need to ruin the club after all the hard work to get us back where we belong.

This is getting on my tits.

There's far worse sang on Merseyside about Man Utd. Yet we're being lamnbasted from those who hate us and from within.

Fecking sick of it.

I'd love a total boycott of a home game to get the message across to the board that enough is enough.

But it can't be the next one.

You want a boycott but you also don't want to miss out on Legia or Celtic?

Really? It's okay to sing songs about people dying in an airplane crash, it's okay for the vermin and dolly to sing about the Ibrox disaster and according to you it needs to be ratified by UEFA before it gets a bad press?

Fcuk me seven ways to next Sunday.

Liverpool and Man Utd were both fined for "illicit" chanting by UEFA regarding songs about Munich and Hillsborough. As were the scum once I think.

I think we can have a go at the board for a few things but this isn't one of them. I do think they should speak out and tell the fans that it isn't acceptable but it needs to be a very loud and stern message. However, the fans know what could happen and do it regardless.

Even on Twitter yesterday we seen people giving it "We'll sign what we like and I'll be singing loud and proud on Thursday, %^*& UEFA". That's the mentality of some of our support.

There's clearly no place for certain songs and "add-ons" and they simply have to stop.

However IMO it might be an idea for the club to come up with a positive solution regarding what was TBB/Marching Through Georgia.

"Marching Through Georgia" is a great tune. It should be eminently possible for fans groups to agree on lyrics which could be officially endorsed and approved, beginning with "Hello Hello! We are the Rangers Boys."

This official version could be published in the programme regularly/put on the screens and the fans encouraged to sing the new version word for word. The usual warnings would apply to anyone singing unacceptable words.

This worked for "Sloop John B"/"Four Lads Had a Dream" and it's one of our best new songs.

Do fans need to be told? How clear do you want, remember that wee blue book, remember the previous fines , remember being told repeatedly by the club to drop the offensive lyrics and songs?
I do I expect almost every fan does as well some are just too ignorant to want to understand.
In that case you single them out and ban them , it's that simple .

I take no pleasure in saying that but the club is far more important than an individuals right to sing what they like .

Disarm them???
What reality do you live in, you may or may not like it but they are reporting facts. They may be biased and choose to report about us and not them, I don’t know if that is the case or not, but they are reporting facts pure and simple.
Some simple minded folk will try and claim that 19th Century Terrorist is only meant referred to as a political movement, which to anyone who grew up in the west of Scotland is just ludicrous.
Disarm as in give them %^*& all ammunition to report , that real enough for you.

Maybe if the board had defend Rangers and our fans a bit better after all the other attacks and lies spread against we might have heeded their word when they told us to stop singing the banned songs and the real danger that has arisen over this sanction

Look the blame lies with the Fans singing the songs but it has to be a two way street, The board has to do a better job defending the Club and fans as a whole as we are clearly seen as a soft target and an easy touch

Last edited:
Complacency has crept in across the board.

Everyone now has to get together and on the same page and map out a clear path for the future.

It's a real shame our fan zone never got off the ground because a Jamie Webster style singer there getting the crowd going like Liverpool has would be a brilliant addition to match day atmosphere and where new Rangers songs could be born about players etc.

The club lacks leadership, is re-active and effectively asks to be shafted. Embarrassingly amateur.

On this issue? Don't talk nonsense. The club have asked folk to stop shouting sectarian slogans etc. I'm at an absolute loss as to what else folk think they can do? Tape up folks mouths on the way in?

Maybe they shoulda chucked some of these Neanderthals out by themselves rather than UEFA doing it. That's all they could've done better

Sorry, this is bollocks.
How many times have we been told to cut the add one etc? Even now some clowns are still saying they will sing whathey want. How can the board be accountable for that?

Sorry, this is bollocks.
How many times have we been told to cut the add one etc? Even now some clowns are still saying they will sing whathey want. How can the board be accountable for that?

It can't mate. It's just an excuse being trotted out by people who can't take responsibility. Grown men who've been told not to sing stuff as club will be punished yet adamant they will still do it or blaming the board. Strange.

The board does bear some responsibility. It hasn't been sufficiently pro-active.

Surely there should have been warning after warning about behaviour at European matches.

We still have a gulf between the board and support and the club should talking constantly to supporters clubs and groups. That may of course include threats but it should also involve rewards for good behaviour.

Liverpool and Man Utd were both fined for "illicit" chanting by UEFA regarding songs about Munich and Hillsborough. As were the scum once I think.
Yeah fined token gestures and told not to do it again. We get 3000 seats taken off us. I’m actually genuinely fucking raging at the clear bias and obvious agenda against Rangers. It’s sickening to the core and the club the fans can do what they want but the agenda won’t stop. They’ll just invent another “offence” to nail is with.
%^*& we could play every remaining game behind closed doors and they would find a reason to hump us. This is the reality we need to wake up to folks

Yes the club for many years now has repeatedly requested fans not to sing the songs that harm us and yes SOME fans have ignored this advice and carried on regardless, it’s either a case of “I’ll sing what I want” or the club’s requests and common sense just goes right out the window when drink has been taken. I do take issue though with those saying the club has done all it can and those calling for fans to just cut it out!

This witch hunt against us has been driven largely by people within Scotland and many of them are invited by the club to sit at press conferences and have access to our players and management, the media in this country are vermin plain and simple and many of those from the mob who govern over us are too and have openly shown their disdain of our club and support.

Many supporters see the club’s reluctance to ENGAGE as an act of cowardice, the club want the harmful songs to end and that’s something as fans we are all going to have to face up to because it’s going to hurt us massively, that’s a definite but similarly the way BBC Scotland wants to treat us the club are expecting the same....we are just to accept all the bullshit that gets thrown at us and get on with it.

The club needs to stop running away and grow a proper set of balls! the people up the marble staircase might just find that engaging with the support properly rather than dictating, releasing statements and keeping the support at arms length will in effect gain the desired results the club has been wanting but they have to get out the office and start talking face to face with ordinary fans.

Bland statements like "Follow with pride" and "Everyone, anyone" will NEVER solve this. It needs the club (in the form of Stevie G or DK) to say:

"Do not sing TBB, Super Rangers, 50p flute, or Rangers will face sanctions up to being kicked out of Europe entirely. If you want to sing these songs, do not attend Ibrox to do it. If you hear anyone singing these songs at Ibrox, give us their seat number and if footage verifies it they will be banned for life. Any supporter's group caught singing them will be removed entirely from Ibrox."

Bland statements like "Follow with pride" and "Everyone, anyone" will NEVER solve this. It needs the club (in the form of Stevie G or DK) to say:

"Do not sing TBB, Super Rangers, 50p flute, or Rangers will face sanctions up to being kicked out of Europe entirely. If you want to sing these songs, do not attend Ibrox to do it. If you hear anyone singing these songs at Ibrox, give us their seat number and if footage verifies it they will be banned for life. Any supporter's group caught singing them will be removed entirely from Ibrox."

It is no more complicated than this type of direct communication with the punters. We could have saved a fortune on the last campaign by actually having a clue what might impact on those signing songs we don't need.

Lip service? There are announcements before every game, follow with pride, everyone anyone etc.
Let's just be adults and be responsible for our own behaviour eh?

And every fortnight between the follow with pride guff on the big boards, we are bombarded by hatred from all sections of the press. And nothing from the club to defend us.

So, I'll let you and your wee, happy, clappy announcements go.

Be responsible for our behaviour when the filth facilitate 60/90 foot banners advocating sectarianism and terrorism and no one gives a toss.

Well, fc_uk that for a game of sodjers.

And every fortnight between the follow with pride guff on the big boards, we are bombarded by hatred from all sections of the press. And nothing from the club to defend us.

So, I'll let you and your wee, happy, clappy announcements go.

Be responsible for our behaviour when the filth facilitate 60/90 foot banners advocating sectarianism and terrorism and no one gives a toss.

Well, fc_uk that for a game of sodjers.

So you, in full knowledge that rightly or wrongly certain songs are going to see rangers reputation and finances damaged, are going to sing these songs as some sort of defiance?

Don't you get that that's exactly what they want to happen? Aye you will definitely show those pesky Catholics when they're winning another title while we play in front of an empty stadium.

Go sing your songs elsewhere but not at Ibrox

99% of Ibrox has sung the song so take your high and mighty bs elsewhere.

Have.
Won’t continue to.
It’s not high and mighty. Unless you’re going to continue to sing this pish at Rangers games. If you are you’re not welcome and eventually you’ll be banned.

No one is blaming the board for the songs being sung.

How clear does that point have to be made?

You're missing that more than the morons continuing to sing the songs miss the fact they should stop.

The board dont fight our detractors enough and it allows those people to make more of our problems.

The songs and the board's inactions are two separate things which cross over at points
If and it's aBIG IF, the fans behaved then the board can take the moral high ground and attack our detractors but as long as we give them the ammunition they will shoot us down. Want the board to fight for us? Give the board the tools to do it with.

This is getting on my tits.

There's far worse sang on Merseyside about Man Utd. Yet we're being lamnbasted from those who hate us and from within.

Fecking sick of it.

I'd love a total boycott of a home game to get the message across to the board that enough is enough.

But it can't be the next one.
Jesus. There has been some shite on here the last couple of days but this is a whole new level.

If you sing the songs then you are guilty, not the board. I am guilty of singing those songs, but as of today it stops. I don't need the board to tell me because I know it is harming the club I love

Back