The Clement Honeymoon is Over

The team selection is why we lost the game at the end of the day.

Barisic starting when its clear he has checked out and signed with another club

Goldson starting when he has made mistakes multiple games in a row and looks miles out of form

Dowell starting in a position he can't play after a poor sub appearance in the last game

Silva starting after another poor performance when we have a winger on the bench who can score

If nearly half the outfield selections are questionable and we lose the game then its fair to say the starting 11 chosen was major factor in why we dropped points.
You missed out Tav, who has been awful in the last two games (barring two converted penalties).

I don't care if you are the president of the US, if you are continually playing poor, you should be dropped.

I honestly dont think Clement will want to stick around when this season ends badly. You can see already he is sick to death of the backwater scottish football is so why would he want to stick around when he could go manage another club in a Serious league.
You never fail with the negativity, is this a parody account? Surely you can't be a real person?

So sure the league is going to end badly after a single loss, and being how many points behind? Just like you were in October quite a few other times no doubt.

Deserves everything he gets if he continues after the summer with the same group who have shown they can't handle pressure under various managers.
Really? He might not have a choice to offload players that teams might not want well quite a few anyway and or get enough transfer money to bring in his own team he will need at least a couple of seasons!

Why can you not question him? He's allowed Goldson to keep his place, has put in Dowell who stinks the place out.

He did great to get us back in the race, a d has how blown it again. My only hope is he's ruthless enough to cut the absolute sh*tebags out the squad and get them binned.
We have had a helluva injury list to very relevant in form players that has had an effect with many not upto scratch yet so he may not have had the replacements in certain positions?

No point throwing up it hasn't worked out after the fact, we already know about hindsight and all!

The last 6 games at this time have to be won! They have to give everything!

2 wins from 7 and 2 from 5 domestically, at the business end of the season...

Not great, but win the next 8 and you're a legend.

Prove you can get the team right on the park to deliver!!

No Rangers manager is, or ever should be, above criticism if it’s deserved.
There is however a common denominator when it comes to failure at Rangers since we came back into the top division and it isn’t the manager.
The behaviour of some people is quite frankly bi-polar.
Given the level we are at, we have one of the best managers we could get. Speaking as someone who has spent a career managing staff, I can say that anyone aspiring to be a manager in any area would do well to observe how this guy goes about his business.
He cannot and will not win every match and there will even be some occasions when we will be beaten by teams where this should not happen(like yesterday). That, however does not excuse the utter nonsense spouted by some people.
No matter what happens this season we have a manager who wants to build a winning team, who loves being here and who, without doubt, has the ability to make us successful - he has done it with other clubs and he will do it again- provided he is not hounded by the mob.

Last edited:
He didn't get a honeymoon. The idea that he did is laughable. He had to hit the ground running and did and we hit an upturn.

He performed open-heart surgery on an absolute train wreck of a season, beat Betis in their own midden and won us the League Cup. The two players he has signed will be very good players for us.

Look at Arsenal and Liverpool shooting themselves in the foot when it looked like the stars were aligning for both sides to have special seasons. It happens. Clement has given us a chance and we will get better under him.

Last edited:
The behaviour of some people is quite frankly bi-polar.
Given the level we are at, we have one of the best managers we could get. Speaking as someone who has spent a career managing staff, I can say that anyone aspiring to be a manager in any area would do well to observe how this guy goes about his business.
He cannot and will not win every match and there will even be some occasions when we will be beaten by teams where this should not happen(like yesterday). That, however does not excuse the utter nonsense spouted by some people.
No matter what happens this season we have a manager who wants to build a winning team, who loves being here and who, without doubt, has the ability to make us successful - he has done it with other clubs and he will do it again- provided he is not hounded by the mob.
Any manager who selects Dowell over Sterling Is well worth criticism.
Being successful at other clubs means nothing, domestically yesterday was as bad as it gets, outplayed, outfought and humiliated by a relegation threatened managerless team.
Letting tav and Goldson sell us down the river yet again does not make for good viewing, sounding good at pressers does not win you trophies.

2 wins from 7 and 2 from 5 domestically, at the business end of the season...

Not great, but win the next 8 and you're a legend.

Prove you can get the team right on the park to deliver!!
2 from 5 domestically! Honestly I think some people just like to be negative. Why did you take it at 5 games, why not 10 or 15? so if you took the last 10 domestic games it would be 7 in 10 but then that doesn’t sound too bad and isn’t negative enough. The Tim’s are 7 in 10 as well over the same period.

He had a mega money deal in Saudi which he turned down as he wanted this job

Beales failures failing doesn’t make Clement a poor manager. The mere fact he has these losers even competing for the treble is an achievement
I never said he was a poor manager pal I said he has stated numerous times he loves it here because of the passion , he doesn’t strike me as the sort of guy who will go to Saudi for the money maybe when he’s older but you never know I suppose , gerrard said he was happy then pissed of to villa

Clement didn’t forget how to defend. Clement didn’t give Goldson a massive contract when he should have been let go. Clement didn’t think that Dessers and Lammers was worth a huge chunk of our transfer budget. Clement didnt think we were fine without a new CB. Clement wasn’t the one who thought we didn’t need a right winger in the summer. Clement never thought Davis didn’t need replacing. Clement didn’t injure his 2/3 signings he made in January to try and address these points.

I’ve said since the summer it will take us years to recover from the Beale experiment.
No he just choose to pick the wrong team two weeks in a row

Clement also has something else that Beale and GVB didn’t have. A track record of winning league titles at Genk and Club Brugge and a decent record in Ligue 1 with Monaco. GVB had won a league in Holland but it had fallen apart and Beale had 12 games at QPR.

If things go south under Clement (I don’t think they will actually) then maybe it’s time to look beyond sack the manager to understand why and correct it.
Maybe we should have already looked beyond that? The club is being ran by a serial failure in Bisgrove,you need to lead from the top

Any manager who selects Dowell over Sterling Is well worth criticism.
Being successful at other clubs means nothing, domestically yesterday was as bad as it gets, outplayed, outfought and humiliated by a relegation threatened managerless team.
Letting tav and Goldson sell us down the river yet again does not make for good viewing, sounding good at pressers does not win you trophies.
I didn’t say he couldn’t be criticised but he is still a very good manager who has proven that he can win titles with more than one club - no guarantee of future success, but a good indication of potential success, which is all anyone can bring to a new job.
The fact that a bad result leads to a feeding frenzy of hysterical nonsense on here is becoming something which sucks the positivity out of me far more than any bad performance or result.

I thought our season was over with Beale as manager but with PC we kept it going till Sunday. We have the same serial bottlers that the Manager needs rid off. I have faith in the manager I hope the board backs him in the summer.

People do realise that Questioning Clement and his decisions doesn’t equate to wanting him sacked? His team selections the last two games have been questionable and how he watched that first half and didn’t make any alterations is also worrying.

Our current form is poor for a side going for the title and yesterday was unacceptable for us all. I want a reaction from Clement on Wednesday as much as I want it from the players who play. I want him to be ruthless but he seems to now have his undroppables & if he continues with them it will cost him too

I trust Clement and think he will deliver the title this year or next (if backed) but he needs to learn quickly on these players

As angry as i still am at yesterday's debacle, Clement has probably been a victim of his own initial success in a way.
Clement gave us a belief having closed the points gap that the title seemed so no near and after yesterday's performance e & result it now seems so far away.
Clement has made significant errors in several games now & that is something he will rightly be judged on but he is now fairly or unfairly being judged on in a title race we didn't even have the right to be in before he arrived.
So, looking back on his arrival would I have taken that if we win our last 6 games we are champions? I believe EVERY single fan would have taken that.
As fans all we can do for the remainder of the games is back the team and pray that we hit a wee bit of form that takes us over the line.
Likely? Probably odds against it now but we have been in worse positions.
Hope can be a killer in a way but Clement has given us that hope. Clement could have steadied the ship & retained the 7 or 8 point gap between us & them that was initially there on him joining and we would weirdly probably feel slightly better than we do now after yesterdays perfo4mance & resultbdue to the hope / expectation call it what you want that we now have or had.
We are all deflated after yesterday but all we as fans can do is support the team & let Clement do his job and see how the season ends.

How he doesnt have Sterling in every game is baffling. The same 3 or 4 are guaranteed a game no matter how shite they were the previous game (same every season) so i will never understand why he isnt one of the first names on the team sheet. We have a handful of games left so any of this saving energy chat is a load of nonsense.

Yer right. Because no Rangers manager ever has dropped points before. In fact, every Rangers manager before Clement has a perfect record.

We dropped points, it hurts, but this burn them all attitude is depressing.

Look at the EPL. Both Liverpool and Arsenal dropped points at a critical point in the season. It's called football, and, as much as it hurts, Rangers aren't immune from it.
Never said burn them all though did I?

He dragged us into a title race. He’s literally the least culpable you can blame for the situation we’ve found ourselves in.

Ultimately it’s the same squad of players that have let down another manager once again.
And right out of the title race, given your logic.

Even the season we won the league we got put out the cup to St Mirren and even worse at home to St Johnstone.

Absolutely embarrassing, it's been going on for too long now and enough is enough.

A complete clear out is required.

Time will tell wether Clement has the balls to do it or if he will become this bunch of losers 3rd victim.

Alarm bells are ringing that’s for sure. Players are absolutely to blame, but so is Clement.

What are we tactically?
There’s no real flexibility in our style, it’s just route one kick and rush in the main.

Unable to press from the front. Night and day compared to Celtic.

We have nothing in midfield.

We can’t defend.

We are just shite to watch
It’s a reasonable question.

We had been pressing well, passing and moving freely and our positioning was much improved. These were all encouraging signs that Clement knew what he was doing, despite having to execute it with a group of generally limited players.

However, it’s unravelled over the last few weeks where the pressing has gone, the passing and movement is much poorer and we seem to be resorting to a lot of aimless punts up the park.

Right now there’s very little cohesion or style to our football and that’s a real conundrum given the way we were looking 5 or 6 weeks ago.

It’s not the first time a Rangers side has suddenly collapsed in the second half of the season though.

Perhaps we want to look at the common denominators in that sequence?

He didn't get a honeymoon. The idea that he did is laughable. He had to hit the ground running and did and we hit an upturn.

He performed open-heart surgery on an absolute train wreck of a season, beat Betis in their own midden and won us the League Cup. The two players he has signed will be very good players for us.

Look at Arsenal and Liverpool shooting themselves in the foot when it looked like the stars were aligning for both sides to have special seasons. It happens. Clement has given us a chance and we will get better under him.

Spot on. I think people have forgotten how abjectly bad we were under Beale. It was absurd how terrible we were.

Clement had to fix that on the fly, while trying to stop us from falling further behind them. With constant injuries to key players occurring near weekly.

He also delivered silverware, that he was pretty much told, that he had zero excuse not to deliver.

As you say, he's not had a settling in period. He's not had very long to work tactically with the players. He's had to learn the ins and outs of the squad, the league and the country.

He's not had a honeymoon. He's been under pressure since the day he signed his contract.

2 wins in 7 games. Conceding comical goals. Sending the team out with no obvious game plan and persisting with the same bottle merchants game in game out.

We’ve thrown this away and the manager has to take his share of the blame.
Instead of a manager being a problem. Our players are just shite bags. Absolutely pathetic. Disgusting actually. Shite bags, all of them.

First things first, we are in a title race because of Clement.

I do however have slight question marks about the way we’ve set up on the last 2 games. I didn’t mind the risk taken in the benfica game for our attacking corners as i think we had to try something different and unfortunately it didn’t pay off. Yesterday and against Celtic I feel like he’s taken risks, either with starting 11 or with shape yesterday that isn’t really required. We only had to keep doing what we were doing but we seem to have strayed away from that.

Yes he may make errors, who doesn’t. But Clement looks to be a very good man to lead our club. Like his style and thought processes and discipline. He needs the backing to build is own side now. Changes.

He’s the least culpable person there. You can only piss with the cock you’ve got, and he’s been dealt a squad with a losers mentality. He’ll need a lot more than one January transfer window to set that right.
I disagree totally he’s playing players who are so out of form it’s ridiculous. Lundstram and Goldson needed dropped after the Motherwell game.
Equally he is making do with players I guess he’d never have signed. The reality is as a club we need new owners with deep pockets. All the jokes about Red Bull buying us were obviously just speculation and humour but that’s what’s needed to deal with everything from transfers to stadium expansion and improvements.
The league title was lost v Motherwell the next two results simply cemented the inevitable.

He’s made some mistakes on selections etc but still believe he is the man to take us forward.

The position we are in is night and day from when he came in. Need to get behind him here. In Clement I trust and he’s got the best from our squad.

The manager has certainly made mistakes with his team selection over the last 2 games, HOWEVER, I have no doubt he has learned so much over the last 2 fixtures. He will know exactly who he can trust after watching this shitshow develop.

What he has achieved since he came in is ridiculous. We have no right to be in a title race given the position we found ourselves in when he was appointed.

I have no doubts he will purge this squad and bring in the leaders our club deserves.

PS please withdraw any contract extension that is on the table for Lundstram.

2 wins in 7 games. Conceding comical goals. Sending the team out with no obvious game plan and persisting with the same bottle merchants game in game out.

2 wins in 7 games
We've thrown this away

So again, counting the Benfica games towards the league?

Why the need to be like this?

It's timmyesque behaviour

2 wins in 5 is bad enough without exaggerating the league results and situation

He does but it’s down my list for now.
The board for example.
I don’t know any details but I’d find it hard to believe Clément didn’t want a better option up front than Silva.

2 wins in 7 games
We've thrown this away

It’s quite disgusting, isn’t it.
“Timmy-esque”?
Without a doubt.
The type of stat I’d expect from the press, or certain parts of it?
Yip, definitely.
However, am I surprised to read a Rangers fan using it?
Not one bit, it’s what we do when we sharpen our claws.
Nasty and vindictive.
Something we’d be gold medal winners at.

He does but it’s down my list for now.
The board for example.
I don’t know any details but I’d find it hard to believe Clément didn’t want a better option up front than Silva.
Silva is a £35m rated player. Realistically were we getting better on loan in January?

Up until the last few games most were hoping we could extend his loan into next season.

No he just choose to pick the wrong team two weeks in a row
It's easy to pick the perfect team on a message board because that team doesn't have to play and win any games, you just know it's the right team
Every player who didn't play yesterday would have had a great game and made the difference in someone's opinion
Reality may be different

2 wins in 7 games
We've thrown this away

I wasn’t trying to imply it was 7 league games. I apologise if that’s how it came across.

Back