The clement interview

Clement just dousing the flames with this interview. He knows if he chucks them under the bus they will really collapse. He needs to back them in public.
I really hope this is the case or we have much bigger problems than we think.

Really poor interview, watched a completely different game and saying the fans need to stick by the team.

Madness

Clement just dousing the flames with this interview. He knows if he chucks them under the bus they will really collapse. He needs to back them in public.
Yes, he is a calculated guy and will know he has to back them for them to maybe try in at least one of the remaining games

He's going the same way as Beale with the sh*te he is spouting.

May as well start drawing the shortlist for the next manager now as this only goes one way.

You don’t want your manager throwing the players under the bus but FFS don't piss on our leg and tell us it’s raining. We were hopeless tonight, no desire, no urgency and next to no chances created. We played at a pedestrian pace that was similar to Sunday and got exactly what we deserved….nothing.

If he’d been critical of them I would expect most of the squad wouldn’t recover.

Can’t expect t him to be too critical in public when there’s still some to fight for.

He can’t thrown them under the bus whilst we are still in with a chance of two competitions, but it will only end badly for him if he tries to BS the fans.

What’s he meant to say? Congratulations to Celtic on winning the League? The players have let the club and fans down so badly.

He needs to manage these players to the end of the season. There are still 2 trophies to play for. He can’t give up on them by slating the players and losing them completely.

His face during the game showed his true feelings.

We have a cup semi on Sunday, he comes out and publicly hammers the players then that's compromised, he will know what has to be said and done behind closed doors with the players

Reactions: TPP
As unlikely as it is we’ve still got a chance to win it, and the Scottish. He canny throw the players under the bus now when it’s still possible

What a bizarre interview from a guy who appears to be floundering like his team

He should just throw them under the bus. The players hate the fans I’m convinced and frankly I hate a lot of the players too. I’d love to hear them called out.

That whole interview was crap. Protecting his players maybe but if he believes that he may as well follow the duds out of the door.

Haven't watched it and don't plan to.

Can only assume he doesn't want to throw the team completely under the bus considering we have a huge game on Sunday. Must be going for the arm around the shoulder treatment.

Grim either way these last few weeks.

Maybe the players need publicly called out. The players live in a bubble, perhaps it should be burst.

But instead we're now at the stage when the support are being patronised to save face for players on 25K+ per week.

Thanks, gaffer.

I know folk on here are angry you can't expect the Manager to throw them under the bus as we have a Cup Semi Finial at the weekend

Behind closed door he'll have a very different opinion of these players

Jesus that was brutal to watch, my hope of him weeding out the losers could well be dashed.

I know he can't come out and slaughter them but effing he'll that was a reaction ?

We are going to have to wait until the losers retire before we get rid of them because we can't find a manager strong enough to do it.

A sorry state if affairs.

The manager is trying to protect the players as he can’t slaughter them at this stage of the season

Deep down he knows this squad has let him down

He will know he needs a clear out

"we didn't get the luck"

"we created enough chances to win"

"we came up against a good goalkeeper"

"I saw effort from my team"

"we were organised and structured"

"one week ago, we scored 3 goals against Celtic and also 2 goals against Ross County"

thoughts? :eek:
Protecting the squad and putting a political type interview out. Can't really say much live.

Back