The clement interview

I'm assuming he's just trying to delude the players on the smallest of chances they salvaged the season.

He's won more trophies alone than the squad combined fs, no chance is he content.

Clement just dousing the flames with this interview. He knows if he chucks them under the bus they will really collapse. He needs to back them in public.
I think this is the case, too. There's a cup semi at the weekend - he can't blow them up completely right now.

These players have shown who they really are for the third time, third manager. Phil C may not end up being an amazing success for us, but these players have shown who they are time and again.

Come on Phil, stop talking nonsense. You think that was a reaction, you think we created enough and were lucky. We were lucky not to lose. Stop protecting them.
Don’t think the stats support that view Godrup

Also let’s be honest there is a long long shot something might happen elsewhere and we have games to play so it’s the old management thing of not burning your own place down . Personally I wouldn’t do that either much as there are a few folk I’d quite like a direct word with lol

He should have asked the fans that were there tonight. I'm sure they would have given him a totally different opinion on how we played tonight.
Unless Clement gets rid of the usual suspects we'll be looking for a new manager come Christmas.

Why’s he protecting these players , they let down managers time and again and there letting him down now. They won’t win the title and hopefully most of them won’t be here soon anyway so don’t worry about hurting their feelings Phil.

'We were the best team by far' - Clement​

FT Dundee 0-0 Rangers
Rangers manager Philippe Clement has been speaking to Sportsound: "We should have won this game, we were the best team by far.
"The most possession by far, the most chances. Things didn't go our side with saves from the goalkeeper and blocks from other players.
"We've always been a team who scores a lot of goal, that's disappointing not taking the deserved three points."
"Today, I was disappointed. I was angry after the Ross County game because we lost our structure and our football in a big part of the game.
"That was not the case today, we played attacking football with a lot of players in front."
He just looks like an absolute laughing stock coming out with that.

He looked angry during the game, so I'm not sure I quite believe him. He's a practical guy who might think it's not worth burying the players in public. He's got to work with these guys until the summer and get what he can from this team of losers.

If he's not tearing through them in private he's fucking deluded though.

FT Dundee 0-0 Rangers
Rangers manager Philippe Clement has been speaking to Sportsound: "We should have won this game, we were the best team by far.
"The most possession by far, the most chances. Things didn't go our side with saves from the goalkeeper and blocks from other players.
"We've always been a team who scores a lot of goal, that's disappointing not taking the deserved three points."
"Today, I was disappointed. I was angry after the Ross County game because we lost our structure and our football in a big part of the game.
"That was not the case today, we played attacking football with a lot of players in front."

He’ll get rinsed by all and sundry for coming out with stuff like this.

Clement just dousing the flames with this interview. He knows if he chucks them under the bus they will really collapse. He needs to back them in public.
You cannot describe conceding control of our destiny in the title race, with 5 games to go, as "the reaction I wanted" and not sound like either a liar or an idiot.

And you absolutely can describe a performance as unacceptable without singling out individuals and losing the dressing room - there is a middle ground.

It might be nonsense to suggest he hot a reaction, but with a handful.of games to go and still a (very slim) chance of a treble he's hardly going to slate them in public. He's got nobody else he can call on.

I'm as dissapointed as any other bear, but if you think this capitulation is down to anyone other than the players you have not been watching much since title #'55.

He’s got to rely on same set of jokers at weekend and going forward so he’ll be watching what he says.

But the common sense approach to his interviews is long gone, don’t agree with lots of what he comes out with and he’s getting more involved, or busy as he’d put it , with pointless sh*te in his interviews.

You can see at the end of the game the conversation he had with his assistant he wasn’t happy that wasn’t a ‘I’m happy with that performance’ conversation. He’s not going to come out and tell us they are shite if he did that’s 100% end our season because the shitebags in the dressing room don’t need any more excuses to hide.
He’s over achieved big time with this selection of players and it’s showing now, we are seeing what every manager before has seen and it’s taken some fans longer than other to see it in some players.

Have u not watched his expressions ? He’s fcuking fuming with them. This team will be gutted in the summer
Have you watched the expressions on the bench behind him while he’s doing that both Sunday and tonight.

What a mental, utterly mental loss of control.

He’s not going to lambast the players a few days away from a cup semi final when he is relying on said players.

If his reaction on the touchline is anything to go by he’ll not be saying that the reaction was suffice to the players in the dressing room.

Protection tactics. Not that I want them to be protected, but that’s where fan emotion and professional emotion differ.

If he genuinely believes this, this is where we need someone higher up in the club to talk to him and drive the standards.
What do you expect him to say?

At least he's not muttering looking at his feet. Clear and coherent answers to tough questions without throwing his players under a bus.

He's still got a cup semi-final at the weekend to lift this lot for. There is still silverware on the line even if we don't believe the league is winnable.

There are huge problems but slagging the manager right now is pointless IMO.
I expect him to criticise the players. That effort tonight was disgraceful. We’re far past the point of mollycoddling and protecting them.

He’s not thrown them under the bus after Celtic and Ross County and that’s the effort he’s rewarded with. They don’t deserve any better.

Reactions: RKL
I really hope this is the case or we have much bigger problems than we think.
Listen mate we could bring in the best manager in Europe as long as he keeps the losers that we've had for seasons we will do nothing,and I hope he is keeping them sweet till we play on Sunday because if he is not we really are in trouble.

He has obviously had a few harsh words the past week and look how he has been rewarded.

I think he must realise that most of the players are finished here and they know it so has to somehow get to the end of the season without it turning toxic.

Throwing them under the bus won't work with this group of players - we have seen how that plays out as most have got several managers their jotters.

What do you expect him to say?

At least he's not muttering looking at his feet. Clear and coherent answers to tough questions without throwing his players under a bus.

He's still got a cup semi-final at the weekend to lift this lot for. There is still silverware on the line even if we don't believe the league is winnable.

There are huge problems but slagging the manager right now is pointless IMO.
You get the ones who aren't happy unless it's every cùnts fault, including the manager. He inherited this bunch of shysters and we all know and said he was working miracles with them. All of a sudden these players have reverted to type and its all big Phil's fault.
Aye right.

I am going to presume he doesn't actually believe that nonsense and is saying something completely different to the players.

His reactions on the sideline didn't seem like a man happy with what he was watching.

"we didn't get the luck"

"we created enough chances to win"

"we came up against a good goalkeeper"

"I saw effort from my team"

"we were organised and structured"

"one week ago, we scored 3 goals against Celtic and also 2 goals against Ross County"

thoughts? :eek:
One shot in the 2nd half is not creating enough chances

"we didn't get the luck"

"we created enough chances to win"

"we came up against a good goalkeeper"

"I saw effort from my team"

"we were organised and structured"

"one week ago, we scored 3 goals against Celtic and also 2 goals against Ross County"

thoughts? :eek:
No watching it but that’s fuckin ridiculous. After that moral winners pish I’m starting to get really embarrassed by him.

FT Dundee 0-0 Rangers

Those quotes go beyond protecting the team for me.

100%.

Always amusing how people take football press conferences, interviews, etc. at face value.

So, I'm going to assume that PC is a clever and astute man, he needs that squad to beat Hearts on Sunday, get us to a SC Final, where it's possible we win two trophies, the league as far as I'm concerned and he is, is done.
Win two cups this season, then in the summer, gut the squad.
It has to be his plan.
If not, then we are truly in trouble, however, I don't think that will happen.
He must know.
The likes of Raskin/Roofe/CD9/Wright etc etc. Need to be moved on.
Our X11 next seaon will look and feel very different to tonight.
He says...

He doesn't believe that pish! He's trying to be the man manager and avoid losing the small slither of hope he still thinks he has.with this team. Well we all know he hasn't seen anything yet and is in for a very bad next few weeks!

Oh my Lord, he's just lost me. He's just defended that bunch of losers. It's Beale and Gio all over again. I'm sick to the pit of my stomach with these losers.

You cannot describe conceding control of our destiny in the title race, with 5 games to go, as "the reaction I wanted" and not sound like either a liar or an idiot.

And you absolutely can describe a performance as unacceptable without singling out individuals and losing the dressing room - there is a middle ground.

We all know what we saw.

Regardless of the result, that performance was not in any way shape or form acceptable for a Rangers team going for a league title.

If he says that's not good enough, he's not throwing anyone under the bus, he would be just calling it as it is.

He's not going to gain anyone's respect coming out with utter garbage.

I can only hope hes trying to protect the snowlakes and losers in our team till the end of the season

If he truly believes what hes saying he will in the dole queue behind Beale,and Gio

I'm not usually one for stats like this but Xg tonight was 1.05. How can PC say that was the reaction he wanted after the weekend?? This guy is a charlatan

Back