The clement interview

After that performance for him to come out and give that interview is an insult. He is massively going down in my estimation

We are an absolute mess at the moment. There is a lack of shape to the side, no intensity to our attacking or pressing out of possession and there is absolutely no style to our play. We were never scoring tonight, we couldn’t even create any chances. We were constantly giving the ball back to Dundee or lumping it out the pitch.

The players are bottle jobs but let’s not excuse the manager.

Horrendous

Laughable

Utterly ridiculous

“They kept the structure” (referring to us)

Our structure was mince about tell Tavernier to go towards the D and give it to Dujon who cant kick with his left foot.
They did though which was the fundamental tsp problem from Dingwall or do you think not Nelster ?

That was a strange interview if PC actually believed what he was saying - he looks as if something is very wrong behind the scenes

Clement just dousing the flames with this interview. He knows if he chucks them under the bus they will really collapse. He needs to back them in public.
This. Too many on here with tears in their eyes vying for blood off the man who's dragged us back into a title race in the first place.

Wtf do you want him to say? Aye the team were shite this evening? What will that achieve exactly?

People talking about red flags etc, get a grip FFS.

Be as well just starting our new manager search for next Xmas already. Alarm bells have been ringing for a while, tactics are almost none existent. He is spouting a lot of nonsense.

I think he worked wonders early doors with a Team who we have saw in recent games have reverted to type and when he needed them have clearly bottled it.

That aside, slightly worried with his recent Team selections and in play substitutions and tactics.

The only thing for the Manager to come out with that pish was he thinks if he tells the truth the players will give him the fingers and stop trying.

Well I can tell him the players are already giving him the fingers and have stopped trying like they done with GVB.

Clement is making himself look bad by defending these losers.

Why’s he protecting these players , they let down managers time and again and there letting him down now. They won’t win the title and hopefully most of them won’t be here soon anyway so don’t worry about hurting their feelings Phil.
He’s got a semi final on Sunday then hopefully a final .
He requires to carry this shower of shite in the hope ,slim hope we win the cup . League gone and so should the cowards on the park

"That’s not the reaction we were looking for after Sunday".

Would that have been seen as "throwing the players under the bus"?

Not for me.

Exactly, he could have said collectively it wasn't good enough and even took responsibility for it himself.

Not throwing anyone under the bus by doing so, just calling a spade a spade.

The excuses made for Clement here are utterly cringeworthy.

I see the argument of “protecting the players”

I am completely sick and tired of these same players being protected, they need their baws booted not walking on eggshells around them

League is done, we have a cup game to keep season going, spare me the protecting of these imposters please

Semi Final coming up, he can’t in anyway say what he is thinking / feeling.
Hopefully he is supported with cash, own team, own players, next season, I believe in him.

"That’s not the reaction we were looking for after Sunday".

Would that have been seen as "throwing the players under the bus"?

Not for me.
Exactly, people are just using football cliche's to exuse an alarm bell interview. I stopped listening to Gio (zzzz) and Beale (nonsense) and am getting quite close to that point with Clement now as well :-(

I'm glad we have PC as manager. He's worked his magic way beyond it's sell by date. Anger should be directed at the usual bottlers. We all know who they are. All the knobs calling for his head forget where we were when he took over. At least he allowed us to dream this season when 6 months ago we had all but given up. Next season, when he's had a chance to bring in his own players, is the time to judge. All the spoilt brats should wind their fecking necks in!

A good football coach but like David Brent when being interviewed.

In fact, that's probably offensive to David Brent

"we didn't get the luck"

"we created enough chances to win"

"we came up against a good goalkeeper"

"I saw effort from my team"

"we were organised and structured"

"one week ago, we scored 3 goals against Celtic and also 2 goals against Ross County"

thoughts? :eek:
He needs sacked another imposter just like the playing squad, full rebuild required every single player needs traded

We are completely screwed because no matter who we bring in as a manager they are going to have the same results under this group of players. So it doesn't really matter what they say in interviews because nobody is going to be happy to hear it.

This was always the danger of bringing in a permanent manager mid-season. The players have that new manager bounce but ultimately when push comes to shove they fall apart again.

I think we all agreed that when Clement came in we wanted to win the cups and at least close the gap in the league a bit.

Now that he mounted a half-hearted title challenge we're ready to analyze every interview and maybe even start asking the question if he's even the right guy for the job.

Starting to look like it's going to be a new manager before Xmas again.

Come on Phil, stop talking nonsense. You think that was a reaction, you think we created enough and were lucky. We were lucky not to lose. Stop protecting them.
He said he was happy with the structure...we need a change in tactics and personnel if we are taking anything from these last games.
How the hell have we ended up the season having to experiment it is mind blowing.

Clements savy enough to realise both that any overt criticism will be lapped up by the media and thrown at the players up to and including the final. He's also smart enough to realise that this is a group of players with little to no adversity handling capability and that knocking them further down will only make things worse for the weekend.

So he'll do what he's done right from the start and do things internally and trying to manage communication in a way that a set of limited players can best make the most of.

Understand the anger and need for a target but treating everything he says literally just isn't the way to go.

We all know what we saw.

Regardless of the result, that performance was not in any way shape or form acceptable for a Rangers team going for a league title.

If he says that's not good enough, he's not throwing anyone under the bus, he would be just calling it as it is.

He's not going to gain anyone's respect coming out with utter garbage.
I really hope it's just a case of him getting the psychology wrong, rather than that being his genuine opinion! The latter doesn't bear thinking about...

This. Too many on here with tears in their eyes vying for blood off the man who's dragged us back into a title race in the first place.

Wtf do you want him to say? Aye the team were shite this evening? What will that achieve exactly?

People talking about red flags etc, get a grip FFS.

Replace Clement with Beale and see if the reaction would have been the same to that interview,

"he's just protecting his players man"

Aye right.

Nothing stopping the Rangers manager from saying "we were poor". Stop pretending otherwise.

He's hardly going to throw them under the bus when there's still technically a League and Cup to win. He has made some mystifying decisions recently but he's smart enough to know that this group of players are a shower of losers who need culled at the end of the season.
What planet is he living on if he thinks these players will deliver a league or Scottish cup, we only won the league cup because we didn’t face Celtic.. reality check needed

Tbh, I’d much rather he said, ‘these players, all of them, are playing for their futures. They all need to show me they have the desire, the skills and the balls to play for this club. If they can’t handle that then they need to leave. We have minimum of 6 games left, maybe 7 and they need to get that level as a minimum.ive backed them enough and now its time for them to show their own internal pride.if they don’t have that, go.’

Don’t be ridiculous, he’s inherited this team and hasn’t had the chance to build his own team. He has to be the man who gets rid of these bottlers and builds a team fit enough to wear the Rangers jersey.
It’s not ridiculous - there’s a pattern here. Yeah, he has to, but will he? Managers seem to talk a good game then settle into persevering with the core group of losers.

I wouldn’t pay too much attention to what he says publicly at the moment. He must know this squad needs ripped apart.

If we line up with Goldson and Tav on the opening day of the season in August we’re in serious bother though.

Massively concerning. People will say he's protecting the players but he could have made comments that wouldn't wind up at minimum half the support. Good whilst it lasted.

He's been talking shite for weeks now
He's a clever man. If your not performing well in your workplace and your boss stands at the front of your work place slagging u off are you gonna work better? No. He will deal with them privately... but let's hope that leads to some of them out the door in summer

Oh dear . I thought he was the man. He doesn't need to slate players to say we just weren't at it. But the statement that we got a reaction is painfully bad.

What do you expect him to say? 80% of the squad are finished and won't win %^*& all? Some of our support are thick as %^*&.

People on here genuinely think of Big Phil slaughters the players in that interview it will fix anything?

Semi Final on Sunday and hard work for the coaches and Manager to get the team to switch on for it.

Clement came in when we were in the shite, he dragged the players available, into a title race and they are letting us all down now through injuries, lack of self belief, desire, whatever you want to call it, but this manager has done an incredible job with the tools he was left, give him a chance and see what we look like on Sunday.

He’s going to publicly defend his players, what goes on in the dressing room will stay there, but there’s no way he believes that!

That interview is the biggest red flag yet and tbh there has been a few in the last few weeks. Bin this lot or they will bin you

Back