The club have written to the SFA in relation to the Aberdeen game

I said on the way up to the game that this cheat had been hand picked for this fixture,we knew he would be terrible even before the game kicked off.
Very,very rarely do you get an pretty even game where on team gets 7 fouls against and the other team gets 21 fouls against.
Thats before you add in the yellow card awards where many of his calls we wrong both in terms of the ones he handed out but also the ones he failed to give.
He is not simply incompetent,he is a cheat,a total snide.
Well done to the club for acting on this.
His performance the other night was comparable to his dreadful performance when we beat the scum 2-1 away and Beaton at Ibrox against Hibs.
All three were more than just incompetent,they were sinister.

I'm sure Celtics legal team and owners intertwine somewhere into the cohort the SPFL use now and again for damage control and litigation.

Genuinely surprised to read Clancy was part of the firm to represent the SPFL, pretty much makes him his own boss.

Mental. We need full time refs, possibly even poached from England.

He wasn’t in that trial team Loyal, but his company represented them mate.

Sorry if I misled you.

Our club treats it like a sport, they treat it like a war.

The media would have been all over those physical assaults by Aberdeen midweek if it had been Celtc players. If there was also the definition of a " controversial penalty ", it would have been a Celtc player fouled seconds before the ref awarded the opposition a penalty kick. We'd still be reading and hearing about it now, and the ref already demoted.

See a c/p of my post on the other Clancy thread from January 7th.
"I noticed that after New Year last season the refereeing in our games became much more equitable.
I think this was because they realised that even they could not get the mhankies over the line.
It is much closer this season, so expect some shenanigans when this season restarts."

First game back and done up like a kipper.
Eat your heart out Nostradamus.

Reactions: BWO
I've never seen his face change expression. I knew him when I was younger and was a bit weird. Also arrogant with it. I didn't like him. Think he was a private school boy as well.

Dare I ask, who did the bold Kevin support as a youth? Or is that me being stupid haha

I'd give the linesman the benefit of some doubt, as he was looking downwards and clearly focussing on the ball and the feet of the two players. So, it is possible he didn't see the contact on Borna's face.

That said, if this is the case then it merely shows he is not competent to do the job.

I kinda agree with you, but his peripheral vision should attract him to the first attempt, also this is where the ref comes in, he is further away and should be able to see it happening.

Before, Clancy spotted a tug on a Celtc jersey in a crowded Rangers penalty box, and awarded Celtc a penalty. Midweek, he had clear sight of Barisic being pushed into a crowd of players, but didn't award a Rangers free kick.

I kinda agree with you, but his peripheral vision should attract him to the first attempt, also this is where the ref comes in, he is further away and should be able to see it happening.
Seriously how do officials miss these types of incidents the answer is it’s impossible

The time to raise concerns is before games like Pittodrie. A simple statement from the club saying that we hope that the referee reins in Aberdeen's over-enthusiasm and that he ensures that a game of football takes place. It isn't difficult, but we always say nothing, and the same kicking-match takes place, year in, year out.
That is something that could be put to good use with co-operation between, for instance, David Graham and Mark or Davie Edgar.

Not every presser. But, now and then.

I'm sure Celtics legal team and owners intertwine somewhere into the cohort the SPFL use now and again for damage control and litigation.

Genuinely surprised to read Clancy was part of the firm to represent the SPFL, pretty much makes him his own boss.

Mental. We need full time refs, possibly even poached from England.
I think that Michael Nicholson their new CEO (who has been with them a few years in a different role) would have been at Harper McLeod with SPFL's legal eagle Rod McKenzie.

McKenzie was there for all of Nicholson's 14 years+

That is something that could be put to good use with co-operation between, for instance, David Graham and Mark or Davie Edgar.

Not every presser. But, now and then.

We simply cannot go on meekly accepting a kicking every time we go up to Pittodrie. Even the fans accept this will be the outcome. It should have been nipped in the bud years ago.

The media response was as predictable as it comes. The sheep manager believes there was only one major decision in the game and it went against them.

Anyone that expects fairness is living on another planet. Whether you consider Clancy as a cheat or the worst and weakest ref ever all that matters is that he is never near another Rangers game. I hope we are tough on this.

I said on the way up to the game that this cheat had been hand picked for this fixture,we knew he would be terrible even before the game kicked off.
Very,very rarely do you get an pretty even game where on team gets 7 fouls against and the other team gets 21 fouls against.
Thats before you add in the yellow card awards where many of his calls we wrong both in terms of the ones he handed out but also the ones he failed to give.
He is not simply incompetent,he is a cheat,a total snide.
Well done to the club for acting on this.
His performance the other night was comparable to his dreadful performance when we beat the scum 2-1 away and Beaton at Ibrox against Hibs.
All three were more than just incompetent,they were sinister.
Thats the 3 most dreadful ref performances in all my years watching Rangers. And have come in very recent times.

Can we all agree to a man that Clancy is a rodent faced cheat and stop with the he's a bad referee comments...bad refs make bad decisions equally. Can anyone imagine the filth being on the receiving end of that kind shitshow from the greasy wee runt.
If those that think Clancy isn't a cheat can give an answer to this it would be useful?

Last edited:
Sadly all a bit pointless - we don't have any good refs to take his place even if he was demoted - they all appear to be as bad as each other.

its a bad day when you are questioning if Nick Walsh and Don Robertson are better options :(
It's not pointless at all.

Tuesday night was beyond the pale and maybe, just maybe and hoping against hope, it might show the rest of the fuds their cheating will be highlighted.

This, for me, has to be an ongoing issue.

Before, Clancy spotted a tug on a Celtc jersey in a crowded Rangers penalty box, and awarded Celtc a penalty. Midweek, he had clear sight of Barisic being pushed into a crowd of players, but didn't award a Rangers free kick.
Ignored the exact same offence later in that celtc game and awarded us the corner instead, how hilarious it was that Katic buried the winner from that corner to sicken the cheat.

If it stops his imperious personality every time he looks at our magnificent badge during the match. It will all have been worth it.

Rangers are the best football team in Scotland.

Referees are meant to be custodians of the game to ensure football triumphs. Regardless of the envious deficiencies that pollute the mind of the official , because he has to witness the egalitarian, class of Rangers as a club and support .

We win better, sing better, look better, and dress better. The look of angst on that official’s face tells it’s own story.

Well done to the Rangers corporate leadership . WATP

Think it's worth pointing out that Clancy has reffed us a couple of other times that I can remember recently and had a reasonable and non controversial game.

One where the league was over last season and the other where we rolled over some SPL cannon fodder in a straighforward manner.

It's not a stretch to conclude that he waits for games that really matter before he has these 'inexplicable shockers' - filth away, sheep away twice.

Sleekit cheating rat.

So did we appeal Ryan Kent's dismissal on the grounds of Brown taking a dive. We should have. How on earth could the compliance officer or 3 wise men from the chapel reject it?

One of the reasons for our poor performance ( Not the only one ) was the continual stoppages that this clown made in the game. The sheep diving every time someone went near them didn't help. But he was the only person that could have put a stop to that. He allowed Brown to referee the game almost from the start. Is he a cheat or incompetent ? I have to conclude cheat.

For anyone that can access stats on Refs handling of our games can they check for who has left the pitch after overseeing or underseeing the most controversial decisions, for example 3 games involving Clancy and what he sees or what he wants to see.....
@ The Piggery 29/12/2019 has been well documented it was that bad even the Daily Rebel highlighted his bias AGAINST us.....with his cheating decisions
Last season v Dundee UTD an away player goes in high on Alfredo leaving a cut on his thigh with his studs Clancy not only blanks it no red, no yellow, no foul even. This incident went to the Compliance Officer and no case to answer virtually backing Clancy as an aside compare that to Butcher v Cellic at Tannadice a couple of month ago a dangerous tackle yellow carded , then cited by the COMPLIANT Officer and ended up being banned for a couple of games.
Then of course Tuesday at Pittodrie......this is not the first time refs ignore the thugs of Aberdeen I give you LOUIS BEVERLEY THOW, match official who deemed the career ending tackle of the best midfielder in Scotland as a yellow card offence....the the Gazza headbutt into Ingles chest game at Ibrox, John Rowbotham watched as Aberdeen rotated their players to foul Gazza constantly, before Gazza got his revenge in. The legacy of Ferguson has never left that dressing room, strange how they never use the same tactics on the scum, obviously Ferguson has never got over being hunted as a player from Ibrox?

Can accept rangers played poorly amd the right result was the one in the end, however, the standard of referee in our game is actually embarrassing how they even get to these decisions is incredible amd would love to hear Clancy justify 75% of those decisions the other night.

The only way to prevent these in my opinion is better training for these officials, and VAR .

It weakens the league I think aswell as players will not want to play here when officials are making decisions that are mind boggling.
They should be made to justify their decisions, and if they can’t should be demoted down the leagues.

Can I just say, the alleged missed penalty and the overall result is irrelevant. The crux of the problem is Clancy and his ability to referee our games even handedly.

He’s made several decisions and missed more in this game that should’ve resulted in cards for Aberdeen players and that includes one for simulation for Lego Eater

Last edited:
The stats on Tuesday concerning him are ridiculous. We attempted 20 tackles and had 21 free kicks given against. The sheep attempted 31 tackles and had 7 free kicks given against.

How in the ever living %^*& is that even possible?

Clancy is a clown, and a shite cheater.

For anyone that can access stats on Refs handling of our games can they check for who has left the pitch after overseeing or underseeing the most controversial decisions, for example 3 games involving Clancy and what he sees or what he wants to see.....
@ The Piggery 29/12/2019 has been well documented it was that bad even the Daily Rebel highlighted his bias AGAINST us.....with his cheating decisions
Last season v Dundee UTD an away player goes in high on Alfredo leaving a cut on his thigh with his studs Clancy not only blanks it no red, no yellow, no foul even. This incident went to the Compliance Officer and no case to answer virtually backing Clancy as an aside compare that to Butcher v Cellic at Tannadice a couple of month ago a dangerous tackle yellow carded , then cited by the COMPLIANT Officer and ended up being banned for a couple of games.
Then of course Tuesday at Pittodrie......this is not the first time refs ignore the thugs of Aberdeen I give you LOUIS BEVERLEY THOW, match official who deemed the career ending tackle of the best midfielder in Scotland as a yellow card offence....the the Gazza headbutt into Ingles chest game at Ibrox, John Rowbotham watched as Aberdeen rotated their players to foul Gazza constantly, before Gazza got his revenge in. The legacy of Ferguson has never left that dressing room, strange how they never use the same tactics on the scum, obviously Ferguson has never got over being hunted as a player from Ibrox?
I don't see the AF references as being relevant at all.
Ferguson's Aberdeen side were actually decent footballers and capable of winning a European trophy where tactics like Tuesday night's would see you hammered.

Further AF did not get hunted out of Ibrox.
He left on his own accord because he wanted a first-team spot which he wasn't guaranteed at Ibrox.
This was a time when players relied upon bonus money to make their wage better and the difference in wages between a side like Rangers and Falkirk were modest.
There were no bonuses playing reserve football, thus teams back then didn't have huge squads with pros happy to never see the first team.

Ironically, had Ferguson stayed, he probably would have featured more under Willie Waddell who is on record of telling him exactly that.
A striking partnership of Stein and Ferguson usually worked very well when they played together.

I don't remember anything formal going in from us after the December 2019 game. VAR is an absolute must.
We released a statement after the game stating that it's time to bring VAR in.

Celtic scoring with a hand tipped us over the edge that day

Granted we took a bit more of a diplomatic approach, stating that referees require support to make the right calls

100% of course he's a cheat and not just a useless ref!
The amount of bad fouls he let the sheep get away with was simply unbelievable! The other countries looking in on sky TV must've have been shaking their heads in disbelief at the clown.

I dont disagree - but how do you prove he is a cheat? hes hardly likely to say he is now ... is he? so how do you prove he has bias against Rangers which is effectively what people are saying (rightly or wrongly)

or is it just he is piss poor?
Well if they watch the Aberdeen game, and immediately review his piggery performance, only one conclusion could be drawn, methinks.

Back