The delay hasn't helped board...

Or maybe they are skint and can’t afford 800k to pay the sheep who are playing hardball and won’t take instalments.
Well if they’re skint then it’s the board’s own fault. They’ve squandered over £10m in 2017 alone appointing and sacking the worst manager in our history, paying compensation for he and his staff and giving him free reign to sign a bunch of duds.

If we are skint then it’s down to the board’s own incompetence. Maybe they want to also think about stopping paying out bonuses to utter clowns like Robertson and Dickson, as well as the money paid to that fat slug Traynor.

Last edited:
Get board in room. Lock door. Draw up manager shortlist. Approach guy at top of list and appoint him.

Who you or me want is irrelevant. I can't fûcking grasp why the above has not already happened. We are an absolute farce of a club at the minute.

The shortlist should have already been in place before Caixinha left the building.

Last week and last night is down to neglect on the boards part and nothing else.
The board are letting us down massively with this dithering and procrastination.

Maybe,just maybe they have been forensic in their selection process,have drawn up a detailed plan with decent investment. They will surprise us all at the agm? Surely thats what our club and our support deserve? Wishful thinking!!

As an aside,one of the reasons given for appointing our DoF was to minimise the disruption of changing managers. The opposite appears to be the case.

I think you're giving them too much credit, they are clearly divided and incompetent when it comes to football matters. The DoF is just another pig in a poke that will end up getting paid off. What decent manager is going to work with this non-entity?

I wouldn't like to be in their shoes come the AGM if they still haven't appointed manager or appointed big ECK. The place will be in uproar.

I think we'll settle for, god forbid, McLeish on an 18/24 month deal

It's my belief that the board's idea of a manager is very different from that of Mark Allen's.

There is no leadership being shown here. Who will pull the trigger on the selection ? Is it the DoF or is it the board ? Why have their been no updates in 30 days except Traynor sticking his two fingers up to the press ? Why has King not released a statement like he did last time explaining why the decision to sack Pedro was made ? Why has Stewart Robertson not let it be known what the hell is going on ?

Show up. Sit down. Shut Up. Fúck off home. They are treating us like nobodies right now.
I’ve got concerns that the DoF model is going to fail badly here. Allen will want to appoint a coach who’ll give him as little grief as possible - a yes man. No manager who’s got any pride in themselves is going to come here and get ordered about by a guy like Allen who’s barely in the door himself and who has zero pedrigree as a DoF.

I like what Allen has done so far by improving our scouting network but IMO the manager should be the most important man at the football club and he should report directly to a board. A DoF just muddies the waters.

Delay hasn't helped them? They are the clowns fucking causing it with their indecision.

The Board have apparently not heard of two crucial words that have been hugely important in the success or otherwise of any business that I have worked in.

Succession planning...

Firstly I think the board are well meaning but incompetent. Nice guys and good Rangers men but incapable of running a football club.

That said, I don’t think this is as easy as people think. For a variety of reasons we’re not an attractive proposition to top managers and probably not to the better up and coming managers.

That leaves us with the likes of McInnes, Pardew and McLaren. Look at the howls of derision we’ve seen on here against those three examples. They are in a no-win situation really.

I very much doubt there are any standout candidates and everyone of them will have a significant downside, leaving the board open to derision whoever is appointed.

Firstly I think the board are well meaning but incompetent. Nice guys and good Rangers men but incapable of running a football club.

That said, I don’t think this is as easy as people think. For a variety of reasons we’re not an attractive proposition to top managers and probably not to the better up and coming managers.

That leaves us with the likes of McInnes, Pardew and McLaren. Look at the howls of derision we’ve seen on here against those three examples. They are in a no-win situation really.

I very much doubt there are any standout candidates and everyone of them will have a significant downside, leaving the board open to derision whoever is appointed.

They are in place to make the tough decisions I’m afraid, popular or not. Despite the positivity that marked their arrival due to what came before they might have been under the impression it would all be plain sailing but that was never going to be the case.

This is arguably the first time they’ve really had to step up to the plate in a footballing decision sense and they’ve made an almighty arse of it and killed another season in the process.

The goodwill has officially run out for me.

He's allowed the players free reign and they've ripped the absolute piss out of him. Windass was in the papers saying it's great because "Murts has given us our midweek day off back"

He's done himself no favours with his "I'm their pal" approach. They don't need a pal. They need a boss. I like my pals but I would tell them to fu.ck off if they tried to order me about.

Murty's experience as a player (Captain of an EPL team and played for Scotland) should've bought him respect. He's allowed them to piss all over him because he tried to be their mate. That's on him.

the fact Murty thinks these players deserve an extra day off shows he is totally unsuitable for this role.

that day off should have been spent training on learning the basics ie passing, ball control, getting the ball in the air at a corner kick

simple things like the above which you would expect professional footballers to achieve.

It’s totally insane....I just hope that the final act of insanity isn’t to appoint big Eck!

I don't know what would be worse, the decision to do so or the 5 week delay in doing so?

I'm at a stage where I don't even care who we appoint anymore as long as it's done now.

They are in place to make the tough decisions I’m afraid, popular or not. Despite the positivity that marked their arrival due to what came before they might have been under the impression it would all be plain sailing but that was never going to be the case.

This is arguably the first time they’ve really had to step up to the plate in a footballing decision sense and they’ve made an almighty arse of it and killed another season in the process.

The goodwill has officially run out for me.

Absolutely and that’s where their incompetence comes in. Look at their two managerial appointments so far, that points to people who have no idea what they’re doing.

The more general thrust is we are still a basket case of a club and not an attractive proposition to the type of manager we need. There’s no running away from the fact that money is what’s needed. Let’s not pretend we’re politicians and patronise people with words like “investment”. It’s a money pit and there’s no genuine hope of seeing a monetary return.

I’d like to see some leadership from Club 1872. The fans built the stadium via Rangers Pools in the past. It’s about time the fans stepped up to the plate, it is afterall for our benefit and no-one elses.

The boardroom should have friction during key decision making, its the time to question the validity and risk and the outcomes, however in this instance if ID10 is correct and we they have done nothing then that's simply incompetence, the Chairman has to call all to order. At the very least the candidates should have on a list pre Pedro's sacking. It looks to me the gamble they took was to hope Murty got them through to the AGM and run the numbers with the share approvals. Its not paid off and everyone is rightly looking at their procrastination as a sign of real weakness.

I think we'll settle for, god forbid, McLeish on an 18/24 month deal

It's my belief that the board's idea of a manager is very different from that of Mark Allen's.

There is no leadership being shown here. Who will pull the trigger on the selection ? Is it the DoF or is it the board ? Why have their been no updates in 30 days except Traynor sticking his two fingers up to the press ? Why has King not released a statement like he did last time explaining why the decision to sack Pedro was made ? Why has Stewart Robertson not let it be known what the hell is going on ?

Show up. Sit down. Shut Up. Fúck off home. They are treating us like nobodies right now.
I am beginning to come to the same conclusion.
We are now 8 days on from the alleged closing date. Surely they have a preferred choice by now.
Some clarity is needed.

Absolutely and that’s where their incompetence comes in. Look at their two managerial appointments so far, that points to people who have no idea what they’re doing.

The more general thrust is we are still a basket case of a club and not an attractive proposition to the type of manager we need. There’s no running away from the fact that money is what’s needed. Let’s not pretend we’re politicians and patronise people with words like “investment”. It’s a money pit and there’s no genuine hope of seeing a monetary return.

I’d like to see some leadership from Club 1872. The fans built the stadium via Rangers Pools in the past. It’s about time the fans stepped up to the plate, it is afterall for our benefit and no-one elses.

The biggest investor in the club is the fans and yet they've scarcely been consulted by the board since they came in. It's going to need a massive investment to get the club going and I've no idea why the fans have not been approached. Murray was a crackpot but even he tried it (e.g. the Ready For The Future scheme the summer we signed Gascoigne). The fans are out there waiting to give your their money (Glengarry Glen Ross) and it really makes no sense not to get them on board.

If they dont get a suitable manager in before the AGM, they will quite rightly get ripped to pieces.

The biggest investor in the club is the fans and yet they've scarcely been consulted by the board since they came in. It's going to need a massive investment to get the club going and I've no idea why the fans have not been approached. Murray was a crackpot but even he tried it (e.g. the Ready For The Future scheme the summer we signed Gascoigne). The fans are out there waiting to give your their money (Glengarry Glen Ross) and it really makes no sense not to get them on board.

The poets are generating over 50m more than us at the moment. That highlights the gap.

I don’t think we can get away from the fact that between a manager, three impact players, another three good quality players and we’re looking at 30m or so. And that’s just to compete.

If we have around 40,000 season ticket holders that means £750 per head over and above what they’re currently paying. I keep hearing fans talk about Rangers being a “way of life” and other such crap. If it is so important, they’ll pony up what is a relatively small amount of money.

After this length of time if the board and dof still can't agree on who they want then it's a bloody shambles.

Unfortunately, there is an epic amount of speculative opinion on FF dressed up as fact - I suppose it's inevitable, but it adds nothing to anything other than the levels of unrest out there.

No one on this thread knows - for a fact - that the Board don't have clue what to do.

There may well be a plan and a timescale being adhered to.

One of the few facts in this is that we're not being told, and that isn't acceptable. The Board need to open up and be specific about timescales, at the very least, or the AGM will be a horror show.

Get it sorted.

There are many plus points to having multiple shareholders and no single controlling person. The downside, however, is this pish we are dealing with now where no one has the power to make the final decision so they all have to agree. And looking at the board just now, I’m staggered any of them have made any money at all as they seem incapable of making a competent decision.

After all the events of this week in particular, and the board's prevarication, why do I get the feeling that Tommy Wright will be appointed manager. I won't know whether to laugh or cry if this happens.

If the board cannot land McInnes, they are in no way, shape or form capable of running Rangers.

This is a Rangers fan, who would get a significant pay rise, bigger budget and be able to move home.
Maybe there is something in the rumor McInnes refuses to work under/with DOF.

The board pretty much reflects this forum.

There is genuine support for McIness from some, others have spent time talking him down and claiming we can do better without being able to suggest anyone that is realistic and affordable.

That is why we do not yet have an appointment.

Their dithering has made the job a poisoned chalice that no decent manager will now touch.

From within 6 points of the top of the league to season over within a few weeks, beaten twice by the worst dross the dreadful Scottish top division can offer. A dressing room more divided than ever thanks to the indulgence of spoil brat Miller.

It's a shambles, wake me up in the summer.
I agree with every word you say.

Well if they’re skint then it’s the board’s own fault. They’ve squandered over £10m in 2017 alone appointing and sacking the worst manager in our history, paying compensation for he and his staff and giving him free reign to sign a bunch of duds.

If we are skint then it’s down to the board’s own incompetence. Maybe they want to also think about stopping paying out bonuses to utter clowns like Robertson and Dickson, as well as the money paid to that fat slug Traynor.

I couldn't agree more. The boards decisions over the past year or so have set us back years. We've spent 8m and we have a worse squad than MW built for peanuts.

My main concern about this whole debacle is that the board have now lost favour with even the most patient of fans, at first it seemed to be on Greame Parks and Robinson for the appointment of Caixinha, but others in the boardroom carried favour with the support especially King.

For the record I found/find McInnes to be a very unflattering appointment if it happens but I completely understand it, for me he would be our equivalent of Tommy Burns for them, bring him in, make us solid, make us a surefire second and then proceed from that onto the next step, as make no mistake thats where were at, we need to consolidate second slowly building our squad back to the level it was pre 2012, then we can start to add the quality additions here and there which would make us proper league challenger.

The board are going to have to play a blinder with this appointment now because if it goes wrong I can see mass protests happening.

Maybe they are wrestling with the dilemma of finding the cash to pay off Pedro, his team and the players he signed. Then there’s the cash to pay compensation for a new manager and his coaching staff if needed and the money needed to get in new players. A helluva lot of cash needed because of the incompetence of giving Pedro the job in the first place

After all the events of this week in particular, and the board's prevarication, why do I get the feeling that Tommy Wright will be appointed manager. I won't know whether to laugh or cry if this happens.

I’d happily accept that right now

Not a thing has happened

Nothing

We haven’t done a thing in 4 weeks

@Vidmar is spot on

Nothing to do with finances, more to do with dithering & incompetence

We are no further on, 4 weeks later

Is that from a good source because I find that completely unbelievable, no offence mate.

Back