The Effigies

LOL. They've always smelt the same, they could have shit their pants at any stage of any day.
You cannot let it drop, your first question on Monday morning should be along the lines of “ well you have had the weekend to think about it how do you still feel about it “?
My guess will be he has talked to likewise poets and it will be watered down to a couple of young guys we’re just having fun and it’s been taken the wrong way.
I would be very surprised if they still think it’s the worst they have seen, I’m sure they will come back with us throwing bananas at Mark Walters at parkheed.

To me singing something is a hell of a lot different to take the time to sit and think such imagery up. The Orange Order is a Protestant religious organization, and for that reason alone such imagery is a hate crime, except in Scotland it seems.

You cannot let it drop, your first question on Monday morning should be along the lines of “ well you have had the weekend to think about it how do you still feel about it “?
My guess will be he has talked to likewise poets and it will be watered down to a couple of young guys we’re just having fun and it’s been taken the wrong way.
I would be very surprised if they still think it’s the worst they have seen, I’m sure they will come back with us throwing bananas at Mark Walters at parkheed.
I never let it drop with these two guys TT.

Totally agree, IG.

DHWVA4n.png
Don't really need to see it again mate I think everyone has seen it before.

Most sickening act of sectarianism i have ever witnessed in a football ground
Precisely. I was in the Rangers end that day and could not believe they got away with that. Absolute scum and it was another day that showed up Scottish football for the bhigotted, anti-Rangers sham that it is. Celtc should be closed down, for a multitude of reasons. They are utter poison, pure and simple.

The Rangers board collective eyes should have been well and truly opened that day, the bogs at both grounds would be routinely damaged after a game and it was never mentioned, that shower of Scum released pictures of the damage that day to give our haters a chance to deflect from the effigies and go on a disgusting bout of whataboutary, they really are a disgusting football club.

Can we get this verified? The worst EVER manifestation of sectarian hatred in a Scottish football ground and the perpetrators got away with it? If they did, I must have missed it.
It was another case of sweep sweep! It was reported at the time that 8 people were arrested. One named in the Dhaily Rhebel as Ross Brady , real spelling Ross Bready who worked at Patrick Housing. Nothing , no trial, no conviction. So who knows the outcome? Ross Bready ask him.

The culprits all got off n the charges didn’t they ?

Did the PF make a mistake and they all walked free

IMO that reeks and the PF office needs investigated

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45560331

A sheriff has deserted the trial of nine Celtic fans charged with hanging effigies at an Old Firm match.
Sheriff Allan Findlay hit out at prosecutors for not giving defence lawyers "full disclosure" of available evidence.
The supporters were charged following a league match at Parkhead in September 2016, which Celtic won 5-1.
The accusations centred on effigies and a banner hung at the game and were said to be "threatening and offensive".
Ross Brady, 29, Kieran Carvill, 19, Andrew McDonald, 24, Kasey McKinnon, 19, Martin Gallagher, 27, Mark Macdonald, 24, Lewis McLachlan, 20, Myles McSwegan, 18 and Michael Bentley, 28, were due to stand trial.
Seven hearings had taken place before the case called before Glasgow Sheriff Court on Tuesday.

Edited material

But after a two-year wait the Crown gave defence lawyers a version edited by police of what was deemed to be relevant to the case.
Lawyers successfully argued that they did not have all the material that was available and made a motion for the case to be deserted.
There was edited material from a number of computer disks and USB sticks.
Sheriff Findlay said: "The Crown have taken the view that they are going to rely on police evidence.
"I don't know what's on the disks.
"For the life of me I cannot understand why the Crown simply didn't disclose this stuff to the defence."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45560331

A sheriff has deserted the trial of nine Celtic fans charged with hanging effigies at an Old Firm match.
Sheriff Allan Findlay hit out at prosecutors for not giving defence lawyers "full disclosure" of available evidence.
The supporters were charged following a league match at Parkhead in September 2016, which Celtic won 5-1.
The accusations centred on effigies and a banner hung at the game and were said to be "threatening and offensive".
Ross Brady, 29, Kieran Carvill, 19, Andrew McDonald, 24, Kasey McKinnon, 19, Martin Gallagher, 27, Mark Macdonald, 24, Lewis McLachlan, 20, Myles McSwegan, 18 and Michael Bentley, 28, were due to stand trial.
Seven hearings had taken place before the case called before Glasgow Sheriff Court on Tuesday.

Edited material

But after a two-year wait the Crown gave defence lawyers a version edited by police of what was deemed to be relevant to the case.
Lawyers successfully argued that they did not have all the material that was available and made a motion for the case to be deserted.
There was edited material from a number of computer disks and USB sticks.
Sheriff Findlay said: "The Crown have taken the view that they are going to rely on police evidence.
"I don't know what's on the disks.
"For the life of me I cannot understand why the Crown simply didn't disclose this stuff to the defence."
Disgusting. This is what happens when Celtc fans are in positions of power.

Any other league in the world the Scum would have been hammered for that display. Here it was ignored. Fortunately we would never drop to that level, but it would never have been allowed to happen in our stadium, or any other stadium. Along with their media pals they are a disgrace, but we are the bad boys because we sang some songs.

Having the sectarianism debate with the two rabid Tim's I work with today. Backwards and forwards it went .... Paranoia, victimhood, Rangers have always been the issue was the constant responses from these two I've worked with for eleven years now.
Then I mentioned the Effigies draped over the stands at Parkhead with Rangers scarves on, hands tied behind back and nooses round the necks.
Asking what the reaction would have been if this had of been Celtic effigies at Ibrox.
One of them refused to believe this ever happened and things got very heated.
I returned to the table with the images of that day and showed them to the non-believer ....... The blood actually drained from his face, he hadn't seen them before and he actually said it was one of the most disgusting things he has seen.

To me, these are the most powerful images of what we are facing at the moment.
Rangers would have been shut down if this had happened at Ibrox. They have been forgotten because we don't go to town with the discrimination we face.
They should resurface and be put back out there as we fight back, which we absolutely have to do.

Their security on the day in question allowing them to display their bias should have been highlighted and the perpetrators banned sine die.

Having the sectarianism debate with the two rabid Tim's I work with today. Backwards and forwards it went .... Paranoia, victimhood, Rangers have always been the issue was the constant responses from these two I've worked with for eleven years now.
Then I mentioned the Effigies draped over the stands at Parkhead with Rangers scarves on, hands tied behind back and nooses round the necks.
Asking what the reaction would have been if this had of been Celtic effigies at Ibrox.
I returned to the table with the images of that day and showed them to the non-believer ....... The blood actually drained from his face, he hadn't seen them before and he actually said it was one of the most disgusting things he has seen.

Rangers would have been shut down if this had happened at Ibrox. They have been forgotten because we don't go to town with the discrimination we face.
They should resurface and be put back out there as we fight back, which we absolutely have to do.
This is the biggest issue facing Rangers today . You are totally correct that if Rangers fans had done this act we would of been in huge trouble .

This is the biggest issue facing Rangers today . You are totally correct that if Rangers fans had done this act we would of been in huge trouble .
More importantly...if an effigy of a Celtic player and a representative Catholic had been strung up at Ibrox (and I can't for the life of me ever thinking that would happen) our own fans would have been outraged.

And Nil by Mouth do nothing about the filthy stuff the mhanks spout,they are a cover organisation funded by the public purse who do nothing to report the Sheltic.
The same as FARE in the European games is only about hammering us and letting them get away with murder all these positions are occupied by people who are placed to hurt us and never report them, they should be called Nil by Mhanks, them and FARE should be gutted and cleansed of filth supporting scumbags to do the job they are meant to do.

Listen mate if there ever was a serious discussion on how to eradicate sectarianism in our country there is A MOUNTAIN of evidence which will highlight exactly where the problem lies. Trouble is, as was pointed out in the excellent club 1872 statement no one wants to have that open and honest discussion. The effigies incident was nothing more than a visable reminder to what we all already know.

The effigies should have lead to the closure of Parkhead for a period, a permanent ban for all members of the green brigade and criminal convictions of those who did it and those who allowed it.

The single most disgusting act of sectarianism inside a UK football stadium.

Had a debate with a rhabid yesterday.

Guy is actually quite intelligent but he must have been on the verge of a persecution induced breakdown because he was laying into Rangers for being bigots, followed up a few minutes later with ‘I’ll admit it, I’m bigoted as %^*&’.

He also let the hun bastard phrase slip.

Where do you even start.

Had a debate with a rhabid yesterday.

Guy is actually quite intelligent but he must have been on the verge of a persecution induced breakdown because he was laying into Rangers for being bigots, followed up a few minutes later with ‘I’ll admit it, I’m bigoted as %^*&’.

He also let the hun bastard phrase slip.

Where do you even start.
I was talking about music with a couple of the young guys in work and when i said i wasnt a big fan of Gerry Cinnamon on them replied 'Aye that's cos youre a hun.'

I dont think he meant anything particularly offensive by it but it was the casual use of such a derogatory term that made me say something to him. He was given a chance to apologise or i would take him out the back of the office and give him a slap. He hadnt even thought there was anything wrong with using it. Took a few minutes to educate him on it and he apologised.

The Tim i work beside is in his 50's and tried to suggest they have no issues with protestants, only Orangemen , i asked him which lodges Kris Boyd , Frank De Boer and Stevie G were in.

I'd be asking him, how can he tell the difference between a Protestant and an Orangeman? Would be interesting to get his reply.

I was talking about music with a couple of the young guys in work and when i said i wasnt a big fan of Gerry Cinnamon on them replied 'Aye that's cos youre a hun.'

I dont think he meant anything particularly offensive by it but it was the casual use of such a derogatory term that made me say something to him. He was given a chance to apologise or i would take him out the back of the office and give him a slap. He hadnt even thought there was anything wrong with using it. Took a few minutes to educate him on it and he apologised.

That’s another thing, no matter what topic of discussion you have it will always get brought back to this issue.

They’ll slip it in whenever.

All your politics etc are presumed as soon as they know your a Rangers fan.

I'd be asking him, how can he tell the difference between a Protestant and an Orangeman? Would be interesting to get his reply.

If he's honest he's not interested in the difference and hates EVERY Rangers supporter but hides behind the Orange card. My take on it is that I'm a big time athiest and thank every orangeman past and present that I'm allowed to be one.

More importantly...if an effigy of a Celtic player and a representative Catholic had been strung up at Ibrox (and I can't for the life of me ever thinking that would happen) our own fans would have been outraged.

what's the difference between the "lynching" of these effigies and if they'd been depicted as being black?

where is the wider moral outrage?

I get called an '' Orange B*****d '' and h*n all the time...Now I am and will never be an Orange man,I know and we know its slang term for a Protestant

That’s another thing, no matter what topic of discussion you have it will always get brought back to this issue.

They’ll slip it in whenever.

All your politics etc are presumed as soon as they know your a Rangers fan.

They truly are obsessed.

As far back as 1992, I worked with a guy by the name of Patrick (it really was), whose wife had just given birth to their first child. Being the nice guy that I am, I went over to congratulate him. He looked up with a big grin and said, "Leeds United eh?, I guess that's yous out of Europe already." I walked away, shaking my head.

Fast forward 20 years, and a few job changes later, Patrick and I end up working in the same department again. In the tortured weeks following Whyte's administration announcement, this dickhead would come over now and again and ask, "So what's the latest guffaw from the Ibrox joke factory?"

The final time he came over, I was very lucky that my boss wasn't close enough to hear my response. I'd have been on a warning for foul language in the office.

Back