The Famous Headwear - retro Rangers products

My 3 hats came this week and they are beautiful. Quality craftsmanship and packaging. Will be purchasing more from these guys for birthdays and Christmas. They should have a section in the club shops and remember you get what you pay for.
Gala to America and you buy 3 hats made in Melrose hope you are keeping well mate.

Way to pricey.
Not really,considering the quality,that’s reflected in the price.
The scarves and hats I have bought from The Famous brand are superb,great designs and top quality,more than happy to pay for a premium product.
Loads of people wear their scarves/hats and snoods at the games.

I bought a snood a couple of years ago. It didn’t really react well to getting wet. I was disappointed tbh.
Can you elaborate on this? We'd be more than open to helping if there were any issues with the products. They are knitted wool also so I suppose it depends what you mean by reacting well to getting 'wet'!

As
Agreed. Really like look of some of them but the guts of forty quid for a beanie hat is mental to be honest. Not something I can bring myself to fork out for.
As above we always appreciate feedback, it's all relative to an individuals regard for quality, craft and end product.

Love the products collected many a badge from the famous. Would buy a beanie if they were a lot cheaper, overpriced imo. But good luck with it will continue picking up the badges

Being a baldy guy I’ve a number of different bits of headwear. I’ve bought a couple of those big bobble hats from the wee boca10 stalls for £20 a pop and I like them but they are nowhere near the quality of the two The Famous hats I have. Maybe it’s because it’s a more natural fibre I find them warmer, some hats make my head itch a bit after a while but never felt that with my famous bunnets. Aye they may be a bit more expensive but it’s like anything else if you feel you are getting a premium product you will pay more.

I don't understand the "too pricey" attitude expressed by some. No-one is forced to buy, the guys produce great quality items, which is reflected in the price.

Back in the days of old Scots thrift, folk would save up their bawbees until they had enough for what they wanted.

Or in today's world, just batter the credit card if you can't be bothered with a putting coppers in the jar.

We're completely open to all forms of feedback and respect that there's a market out there for every individuals price range. We've also been completely open about the type of product we make and what sets us apart from cheaper, mass produced items readily available just about anywhere these days.

There is no hard sell from us and never will be, we offer something we're confident you won't find anywhere else in terms of quality and finish at a price reflecting products which are designed, made and finished by hand here in Scotland.

We use materials sourced in the UK and from Italy (Merino) Any additional suppliers we work with such as pin badges etc are also based here, allowing us to support fellow independent businesses who also champion manufacturing in the UK.

Your support allows us to continue being creative, helps support a small team of staff in a wee indy business and brings a bit of colour and style back in amongst our fellow fans wearing matchday gear.

We've always said at the very least, we hope you enjoy the hat designs and some of the memories they bring back. Cheers

I don't understand the "too pricey" attitude expressed by some. No-one is forced to buy, the guys produce great quality items, which is reflected in the price.

Back in the days of old Scots thrift, folk would save up their bawbees until they had enough for what they wanted.

Or in today's world, just batter the credit card if you can't be bothered with a putting coppers in the jar.
I think because of the mass consumerism we have I think folks are oblivious to the costs of something made in the UK using quality materials opposed to stuff made in the Far East using cheap Labour.

There is a world of difference between a wool jumper bought from Primark and a wool jumper bought from Pringle (for want of trying to find a maker of quality goods opposed to designers stuff). They might look the same but the costs etc are more and you are supporting a company in the UK

We can get clothing just now for such a low price compared to years ago

I bought a snood a while back and just ordered a hat there. Have to say I'm delighted with the quality of the snood and happy to pay a bit more for a quality product which supports a local bear.

People crying about the price on threads about this gear is as predictable as Clancy cheating us.

Funnily enough anyone who’s actually bought an item has no issue with the value for money aspect.

I like most of the products but am put off by the logo on all of them. Can understand why you’d want to keep the logo on the products, it’s just not for me.

The costs are higher than run of the mill merchandise but I think the quality of the products is clear to see and justifies why the cost are what they are.

Good luck with your business, it’s refreshing to see products with genuine quality that are that little bit different from what everyone else is selling.

It's frustrating when people complain about the prices. It's the same with some of the Castore stuff. It's not mandatory that everybody has to buy all merchandise. I only have a few items from "the famous " but I appreciate the quality.

People crying about the price on threads about this gear is as predictable as Clancy cheating us.

Funnily enough anyone who’s actually bought an item has no issue with the value for money aspect.
“Crying” :))

To be fair there’s a lot more crying over folk saying they find the price point high - which is a personal opinion.

I’ve said they’re pricey for me. It’s not a comment on their quality, design or the business. I think they hats look excellent.

I just personally wouldn’t part with that amount for a beanie hat even if it was made from spun gold. Same as I wouldn’t part with a grand for a Canada Goose coat for cutting about Glasgow in our winter.

I would only wear these for games (don’t like wearing colours in day to day life personally) and I have a perfectly good warm and comfortable beanie I got for less than a tenner a couple of years ago that does the job for me. So the outlay just isn’t for me, despite liking the look of them.

Other folk are happy to pay it and happy with what they get. Nothing wrong with that at all and I’m sure there’s stuff I spend money on that other folk would think was a waste of cash. Each to their own.

The guy has given his justification for their pricing, which is fine and it works for them and those who decide to buy them. Good on him and best of luck with it.

Just amazed at how many folk get triggered and act like someone’s insulted their family by giving basic consumer feedback on here. Even the seller isn’t wound up like some of the posters here.

I tried to find a pic of this to no avail but in the early 90s (when clubs still produced quality merch) Rangers had a baseball cap that featured a Battle-damaged Union Jack flag, stitched not printed, across the bridge. I recall seeing Paulo Vanoli sporting it a few times while on Rangers travels and a mate of mine had one from the Rangers store.

I miss items like that now replaced with stuff that looks like every other club's stuff just in a different colour.

Anyone questioning the price of a Famous product hasn't had one or held one before. Simple as that really.

They aren't "pricey" for what you get. They may not be in everyone's budget and that's fine and a personal issue but they are fantastically well made, unique, and from a local family-based business.

I have lots of their stuff and will buy more.

I have two of the hats. They are outstanding quality.

Pricey? I suppose thats a subjective thing Will you go to the pub at the weekend and spend £40 on booze? Some people would consider that pricey.

Infact stop releasing more and temping me @___thefamous :D

“Crying” :))

To be fair there’s a lot more crying over folk saying they find the price point high - which is a personal opinion.

I’ve said they’re pricey for me. It’s not a comment on their quality, design or the business. I think they hats look excellent.

I just personally wouldn’t part with that amount for a beanie hat even if it was made from spun gold. Same as I wouldn’t part with a grand for a Canada Goose coat for cutting about Glasgow in our winter.

I would only wear these for games (don’t like wearing colours in day to day life personally) and I have a perfectly good warm and comfortable beanie I got for less than a tenner a couple of years ago that does the job for me. So the outlay just isn’t for me, despite liking the look of them.

Other folk are happy to pay it and happy with what they get. Nothing wrong with that at all and I’m sure there’s stuff I spend money on that other folk would think was a waste of cash. Each to their own.

The guy has given his justification for their pricing, which is fine and it works for them and those who decide to buy them. Good on him and best of luck with it.

Just amazed at how many folk get triggered and act like someone’s insulted their family by giving basic consumer feedback on here. Even the seller isn’t wound up like some of the posters here.
I don’t actually have any of their stuff because it isn’t my cup of tea, was just an observation based on how many times the seller has to reply to the exact same type of comment. It’ll definitely be tiresome even if he’s doing well to hide that.

I don’t actually have any of their stuff because it isn’t my cup of tea, was just an observation based on how many times the seller has to reply to the exact same type of comment. It’ll definitely be tiresome even if he’s doing well to hide that.
In the same vein as nobody is being forced to buy them nobody is forcing/expecting him to reply to every comment.

I think he’s put a fairly comprehensive justification of the pricing structure in the thread, which will suffice and is good. No need to reply to every comment, especially if it is tiresome.

Think he’s responded fine to all the feedback and wouldn’t be an issue if he took a step back if it was getting repetitive.

I bought my mum one of the pink scarfs for her Christmas last year, and the quality is fantastic. As the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for".

I also won a hat in a twitter competition a couple of years ago, and I will be wearing it tonight!

Yep. That's the way to go.

Theres a brand out of Accrington called Trickett - The guy is obsessed with British made quality and uses a lot of traditional local businesses and fabrics.
Yes, know Iain and have worked with Trickett on some projects a few years ago, before The Famous. One of a number of UK brands just now doing good things with local manufacturing.

Back