The foul by Lundstrum before their second goal yesterday

Can anyone tell me how on earth that is a foul and a yellow card? I said it at the time he cleanly won the ball and I've seen it again on the replay of the match on Sky and it's not even a foul as Lundstrum won the ball. Did anyone else have a feeling that the first yellow yesterday was going to be a Rangers player no matter the score at the time?
Agreed. Walloper on SKY said he got a yellow for being late for the tackle. He won the ball. If he was late the ball would have been away. An absolutely scandalous decision.

they/we are completely refereed to different standards, even the linesman.

2nd half main stand linesman was hawk eyed.
2nd half govan linesman allowed them two break aways that were a country mile offside.

This needs to ne addressed as thats Gerrard and Gio now both suffering badly at the hands of cheats.
The Govan (Sandy Jardine) Stand linesman was the same guy who missed their offside goal in the LC Final.

Not sure what you are getting it ?

Was a bad tackle and he was rightly booked ?
Our player challenged for the ball their player had no intention of going for the ball. McCoist on commentary said Ralston's challenge was horrendous definitely deserved a red. That was the difference yesterday all our players challenged for the ball their players were late and no intention to play the ball. That's what I am getting at.

From the club deck, goldson had his shirt pulled twice in the 2nd half. Clear as day and no idea how the linesman "missed" it

Can anyone tell me how on earth that is a foul and a yellow card? I said it at the time he cleanly won the ball and I've seen it again on the replay of the match on Sky and it's not even a foul as Lundstrum won the ball. Did anyone else have a feeling that the first yellow yesterday was going to be a Rangers player no matter the score at the time?
Bang on mate, it was always coming. Colum is just another cheating rat

I'll add I can't wait for VAR

an obvious foul and booking

I thought it was a booking but it was the type of booking you see a lot in old firm games. Even if it did result in the free kick they scored from, the goal isn’t his fault given you would expect your gk not to be scared to come off his line.

Our player challenged for the ball their player had no intention of going for the ball. McCoist on commentary said Ralston's challenge was horrendous definitely deserved a red. That was the difference yesterday all our players challenged for the ball their players were late and no intention to play the ball. That's what I am getting at.
As I said in previous post - Ralston should have had a red.

I also think either or both the Greek and Carter-Vickers could easily have saw red when they were booked. Maybe both being booked at the same time saved at least 1 of them.

it was overly aggressive and it could well have been a red card

I think it was a foul, but I said yesterday after all their fouling, the first yellow would go to a rangers player.

Starfelt made 3 bookable challenges and got away with each one....after the third Collum sadles up to him on the edge of the Celtic box to tell him that's three tackles, cam it.

Later in the game he commits a fourth bookable tackle....foul, but no booking.

Lundstrum made one strong challenge and all it needed was a word in the ear. But no, it's a booking.

The problem for me is the fact Collum let much worse go unpunished. Starfelt in particular. (Who btw is a terrible footballer, who we didn’t target enough, everyone could see he was their weakest link and Alfie would have exploited that. )

I'm wondering if rather than constantly press and perhaps leave our defence exposed man for man, if we deliberately left him to be the out ball as his use of it is so bad?

He is absolutely awful. He's one of the poorest CHs I've seen them play consistently

I thought Collum was a disgrace yesterday.
I’m not one for piling on to referees generally, and by no means am I using it as an excuse for us losing. Starfelt was IIRC 6 fouls and no booking, Taylor 3 and no booking (both of which committed at least 1 stopping a breakaway which is usually an easy yellow)
2 terrible tackles from behind as well in the game.
Lundstram was forceful but fair IMO yet got the first booking.

Then you see the carter-vickers shirt pull on Goldson and no penalty

Thats more than just a shirt pull with Collum staring straight at it!

Yes, he needs to change his attitude to succeed in Scotland.

He doesn’t seem to have been told he’s in a propaganda war.
If he was in any doubt he must know the full picture by now. I don’t think he likes confrontation as he has always been very passive however it’s part of his remit now to defend his corner. The longer he remains silent the worse it will get for both him and the club.

Looked like a foul and a booking to me. Five or ten years ago it's a brilliant tackle, but you just can't go in like that these days unfortunately.

As for being the first yellow card, yes I said about 5-10 minutes before it when Starfelt committed yet another foul that the first player booked would be a Rangers player, even it was deserved.

Hard but fair.

After their consistent fouling all game, it gave Gollum his chance to give the first yellow to a Rangers player.
Yup. Mentioned this yesterday on a different thread. Was always going to be one of our players first, but to win the ball cleanly and get booked was a joke, fkn starfish could have had 2 yellows first half

Looked like a foul and a booking to me. Five or ten years ago it's a brilliant tackle, but you just can't go in like that these days unfortunately.

As for being the first yellow card, yes I said about 5-10 minutes before it when Starfelt committed yet another foul that the first player booked would be a Rangers player, even it was deserved.
I agree with this.

I thought it was a foul and a booking, but tbh I was quite happy with the challenge as I thought it might be a trigger for us to get back engaged - goes without saying I was completely wrong given what followed.

No complaints tbh, it was a foul. Stupid tackle.

If VAR was here, could have easily give them a penalty also when McGregor rashly ran out and tripped Maeda in first half.

Ref didn't cost us game yesterday, cowardice from our players did.

If VAR was here, could have easily give them a penalty also when McGregor rashly ran out and tripped Maeda in first half.

absolute rubbish. What is stupid about winning the ball. Any average player wouldn't have reacted by doing an impersonation of a goldfish that leapt out of its bowl.

What do you mean by cowardice? There was nothing cowardly. Players made mistakes they all do, but calling them cowards is bullshit.

Interesting that you mention the penalty you think you should have got but no mention of ours!

The foul and subsequent goal had me thinking back to the league cup final when Goldson fouled Edouard and they scored from the free kick, albeit offside.

Please explain how that's a foul?
Please explain how you mention the Yahoos penalty claim but fail to mention 2 stonewall pens for us?
Please explain how your Tony Ralston wasn't sent off for an out of control challenge on Kent.

Take your time D.:oops:

Personally, don’t think it’s a foul.

Objectively, the rules probably say it’s a foul.

I liked it as a tackle, but suspect the angle and the force gave Collum an easy decision.

Right tackle, wrong place.
This is my question on these tackles.
What does excessive force actually mean?
What does it look like and what is the defining line?
What did a referee qualify in to know the difference

As I said in previous post - Ralston should have had a red.

I also think either or both the Greek and Carter-Vickers could easily have saw red when they were booked. Maybe both being booked at the same time saved at least 1 of them.
I was interested to why we were given the free kick where Jack was fouled instead of Roofe. Surely the ref played advantage (correctly) and then there was another foul?

Maeda wasn't touched. Looked like a dive to me. In real time I thought lundstram was a foul mainly coz of the speed and aggression. Haven't seen slomo

I was interested to why we were given the free kick where Jack was fouled instead of Roofe. Surely the ref played advantage (correctly) and then there was another foul?
I wondered the same. I thought maybe he had blown his whistle before Ralston slid in but not seen a clip of it and can’t find one anywhere.

The lack of bookings for constant transitional fouling does affect the game. Look at how we changed in the second half, with players riding challenges, off balance, still trying to stay up and play it forward with less accuracy because they knew a foul would just let them reset without punishment. Neither option is ideal, but if those sort of fouls were cracked down on, it would have been a different game. One major weakness they have against a decent side (which we are) is transition in possession when attacking. If they are allowed to nullify that threat by impunity to caution, then the balance of the whole game is shifted.

On one level you have to hand it to them for getting the game refereed the way that nullifies their weaknesses over 90 minutes, but the fact that McCoist was on the commentary saying none of the fouls should get a booking was infuriating.

What foul ,never a foul but we all know the script with collum.
Doesn't excuse our defending though

Was a yellow but he probably thought "they're doing tackles like that and getting away with it, the ref is soft so I'll be OK." Very naive of him. Maybe if Gollum had actually booked one of their players, Starfelt being the most obvious, it would've calmed the game down and allowed some actual football in that first half.

It’s how referees manage the game the scums foul to card ratio proves that, they are influencing how games are played and the outcome of results therefore cheating bastards

I’m afraid you cannot tackle like that anymore

Back