The foul by Lundstrum before their second goal yesterday

They made us work simply because we have a liability in goals,any ball thrown in to our area creates carnage simply because our GK is done.
Hate to agree with you most top class keepers take the ball or punch the danger ours does nothing it’s no coincidence this cost us twice yesterday,you need your keeper taking command of the box you just can’t leave it up to your defence.

Sorry, I didn’t mean we should make loads of professional fouls just because they do, and you’re right about the different treatment we get from Euro refs, 100%, I was just trying to highlight that domestically what that lot do works for them. I got onto this by trying to point out that crunching tackles like Lundstrum’s one yesterday and going to get a booking every time nowadays.
But we should it would nullify their tactics and the Officials glaringly obvious lack of not administering the rules correctly.

Perfectly good challenge to me from CF5. I've not watched it back and don't intend to.

The most infuriating part was the so-called defending of the free kick that was awarded.

I thought it was a good challenge. And from where I was sitting in the Govan Rear, it looked like he won the ball cleanly and sent it into the Govan Front.

My brother and I also had a laugh at that xFouls or xCards stat we seen on FF a few weeks ago, and by the time Lundstrum got that yellow card Celtic must’ve had their 10 free kicks with no punishment.

What makes me laugh is how commentators and media like to build our game up as a big, bad, no holds barred derby and when there’s a tackle like that it’s a yellow and a free kick.

Obviously not going to watch the game back to change my mind, but at the time it looked fair to me.
He got the ball and followed through and cought him I was told that by a friend who sits right there in a Sandy jardine stand where it happened

McGregor (their one) walked with the ball in his hands for 25 yards at one point but Collum didn't book him or have a word

they/we are completely refereed to different standards, even the linesman.

2nd half main stand linesman was hawk eyed.
2nd half govan linesman allowed them two break aways that were a country mile offside.

This needs to ne addressed as thats Gerrard and Gio now both suffering badly at the hands of cheats.
VAR is the answer they can’t override blatant offsides granted they will more than likely make bewildering decisions like not giving us two penalties yesterday one hand ball the other blatant shirt pull.

In a “stats“thread on here a while back I asked if Celtc’s high number of middle third recoveries included fouls to break up play.
Celtcs “all out attacking football” depends on referees allowing them to foul to stop counter attacks: Scottish Refs do nothing about the deliberate, tactical, persistent fouling, in Europe the Refs as quicker to snub it out.

In a “stats“thread on here a while back I asked if Celtc’s high number of middle third recoveries included fouls to break up play.
Celtcs “all out attacking football” depends on referees allowing them to foul to stop counter attacks: Scottish Refs do nothing about the deliberate, tactical, persistent fouling, in Europe the Refs as quicker to snub it out.
bodo's first goal in the away tie, Celtic player loses the ball in bodo's half, falls in a heap and looks perplexed as the ref plays on, bodo break away and score.

A scottish ref would never have allowed that.

Wullie values his windaes.

He shat out carding players in the first half because he didn’t want to send players off. Calum McGregor should’ve been booked for a professional foul and so too the fat greek striker for persistent fouling. The proximity to half time allowed Lundstram to be the fall guy.

Some would say he’s cute. Others would say he’s a cheat.

Regardless. Tom Rogic has made an OF career out of swanning about the park with no one near him far less anyone being touch tight to him. The defending yesterday was abysmal and unfortunately that includes Calvin Bassey who tried like a bear for 95 mins.

Self inflicted.

And to boot, the manager still hadn’t learned his lesson from Parkpaed about where to deploy Roofe who couldn’t hold the ball up and was basically ineffectual.

If the season goes further south from here on in, Gio will be under pressure next term.

They had 13 fouls to our 7 yesterday .

They had 4 yellow Cards to our one but the majority for them where at the tail end of the match .
Starfelt should have been booked in the first half for persistent fouling. The fact that he was let away with this until well into the game was a disgrace.

Collum should be removed from his duties with immediate effect . He may not have been the sole reason for our defeat , but his decisions were a major factor in the outcome . Why he didn't award a penalty when standing watching , right in front of him , Goldson getting his shirt pulled is beyond reasoning , and more cheating than incompetence
The tims wouldn't /don't put up with it why should we . And before we get the " It shouldn't matter , and we weren't good enough " brigade coming on , they should reflect on how many points we have been cheated out of this season , with decisions costing us dearly . It is a lot more than six.

Starfelt should have been booked in the first half for persistent fouling. The fact that he was let away with this until well into the game was a disgrace.
Yet Walker and McCoist thought Collum was correct not to administer Cards ,why when only one team benefited it’s hardly allowing the game to flow is it .

Starfelt had at least 4 bookable offences imo over 90 havent seen back just observation from being at game.

just before the Lundstrum card where John won the ball
Starfelt went in wild at the SJ touchline, wild swipe
was his 3/4th foul - yet no card

you could put your house on the flurry of yellows in the dying moments

Can anyone tell me how on earth that is a foul and a yellow card? I said it at the time he cleanly won the ball and I've seen it again on the replay of the match on Sky and it's not even a foul as Lundstrum won the ball. Did anyone else have a feeling that the first yellow yesterday was going to be a Rangers player no matter the score at the time?
Its a foul mate...

they/we are completely refereed to different standards, even the linesman.

2nd half main stand linesman was hawk eyed.
2nd half govan linesman allowed them two break aways that were a country mile offside.

This needs to ne addressed as thats Gerrard and Gio now both suffering badly at the hands of cheats.

1st half he flagged immediately with no thought to it on tight calls
2nd half he kept the flag down when their player looked well off
numerous fouls in front of him and never did the flag wave thing to alert the ref

at it

Collum should be removed from his duties with immediate effect . He may not have been the sole reason for our defeat , but his decisions were a major factor in the outcome . Why he didn't award a penalty when standing watching , right in front of him , Goldson getting his shirt pulled is beyond reasoning , and more cheating than incompetence
The tims wouldn't /don't put up with it why should we . And before we get the " It shouldn't matter , and we weren't good enough " brigade coming on , they should reflect on how many points we have been cheated out of this season , with decisions costing us dearly . It is a lot more than six.
if we look at three games since new year:

aberdeen game where clancy cheated throughout, the sheep got away with whatever they wanted. Two points dropped.

dundee utd game - two clear penalties not given. 2 points dropped

yesterday - 2 penalties not given 3 points dropped.

If we had unbiased ref's we'd be in a far better position.

8 fouls 0 bookings first half. Nonsense from Collum.
I didn't have a problem with that until Lundstram was booked. Then it's not being even handed.

How many of their bookings today could have been red?

Greek and Centre half who got yellows at same time could easily be red for me. Also, Ralston's could have been a red.

I thought it was a great tackle I was directly above it at the front of the Govan rear. Lundstram watched a Celtic player saunter past 2/3 tackles yet again and obviously was trying to lead by example and win the ball and rattle the lady's front bottom but you’re not allowed to tackle them like they do us.

I thought Collum was a disgrace yesterday.
I’m not one for piling on to referees generally, and by no means am I using it as an excuse for us losing. Starfelt was IIRC 6 fouls and no booking, Taylor 3 and no booking (both of which committed at least 1 stopping a breakaway which is usually an easy yellow)
2 terrible tackles from behind as well in the game.
Lundstram was forceful but fair IMO yet got the first booking.

Then you see the carter-vickers shirt pull on Goldson and no penalty

A keeper rooted to his line and pish defending cost us a goal.
Agreed.

It was a hard tackle and Collum saw something in it to award the foul and of course the game's first card.

But I'm sick of this routine that a ball lost fifty yards away, or a foul conceded away over on the touchline is directly responsible for the goal that follows it.

Every ball that comes into our area is (in shades of seasons past, except for the last one) an absolute nightmare for our defenders to deal with.
They simply seem incapable of properly marking a player, then heading and clearing a ball.

And of course, there's the scene of startled deer when the ball goes out central, to the edge of our area and very rarely is there anyone in a blue shirt going out there too, to deal with it.

Our defence is to blame.

I thought Collum was a disgrace yesterday.
I’m not one for piling on to referees generally, and by no means am I using it as an excuse for us losing. Starfelt was IIRC 6 fouls and no booking, Taylor 3 and no booking (both of which committed at least 1 stopping a breakaway which is usually an easy yellow)
2 terrible tackles from behind as well in the game.
Lundstram was forceful but fair IMO yet got the first booking.

Then you see the carter-vickers shirt pull on Goldson and no penalty
edweird posted a video that showed an uneven balance at throw ins, celtic allowed to steal yards and we werent. All these small instances have an impact as well.

Can anyone tell me how on earth that is a foul and a yellow card? I said it at the time he cleanly won the ball and I've seen it again on the replay of the match on Sky and it's not even a foul as Lundstrum won the ball. Did anyone else have a feeling that the first yellow yesterday was going to be a Rangers player no matter the score at the time?
I had a perfect view of the tackle it was hard but fair,however the wee mhank made a meal of it and gave column the easy option.our players had been on the end of similar tackles with no action.If memory serves me correctly there was one before this where our player was taken out but we retained possession,I was sure column would have booked him after the move broke down,I should have known better.

Cos it’s a foul and yellow card. Although in the context of the game I was annoyed at the yellow cos a lot had been let ho before that.

Yeah he won the ball but was out of control and went straight through the player after getting ball

Definite foul, definite yellow card. The fact that there’s even a thread about this is a bit sad.

if we look at three games since new year:

aberdeen game where clancy cheated throughout, the sheep got away with whatever they wanted. Two points dropped.

dundee utd game - two clear penalties not given. 2 points dropped

yesterday - 2 penalties not given 3 points dropped.

If we had unbiased ref's we'd be in a far better position.
Exactly...also remember it not just our games to consider . It's probably as many points again with dodgy decisions they get , and don't get me started on yellow cards , or the lack of them , not just from Collum...

In todays rules its a foul and probably a booking. What annoyed me is the they got away with umpteen cynical fouls all game.

I thought it was a good challenge. And from where I was sitting in the Govan Rear, it looked like he won the ball cleanly and sent it into the Govan Front.

My brother and I also had a laugh at that xFouls or xCards stat we seen on FF a few weeks ago, and by the time Lundstrum got that yellow card Celtic must’ve had their 10 free kicks with no punishment.
It was at least 10. Collum was horrendous yesterday.

Definite foul, definite yellow card. The fact that there’s even a thread about this is a bit sad.
A bit like your unbalanced viewpoint.

It was a foul but the reaction of the player was influential.

Maybe if we did a triple salko at each tackle the outcome would be different

Every man and his dog in the stadium yesterday knew a Rangers player was going to be the first booking. They get away with it in every game, but all we hear is Rangers get everything-“penalty to Rangers “now a favourite saying

Last edited:
Arsefelt should've been on a yellow in the first 15 mins, then he committed 3 fouls after that and still didn't get a yellow.

We were on a break, he takes our player out from behind with no attempt for the ball. It was a cynical foul to break up an attack. I said to my daughter after Arsefelts 4 foul and no yellow I bet a Rangers player get a yellow card first, first tackle by Lundstrum bang yellow card.

The infuriating thing was that Lundstram made the tackle to cover yet another feeble set of challenges by Tavernier, and Aribo. It is a continuing theme with this side, bullied off the ball, and then commit a foul to recover the situation, usually in a much more dangerous area.

Aye and about 6 of them were Starfelt.

Carter-Vickers was lucky to stay on the pitch as well after pulling Goldson's shirt in the box.

No two ways about it, if he gives that penalty and red card it's a huge game changer. Yet another big decision we don't get though.

Aye and about 6 of them were Starfelt.

Carter-Vickers was lucky to stay on the pitch as well after pulling Goldson's shirt in the box.

No two ways about it, if he gives that penalty and red card it's a huge game changer. Yet another big decision we don't get though.

Was he already booked at that point?

I’m afraid “won the ball” isn’t the criteria anymore for a fair challenge and tbh hasn’t been for a long time

Might not be a popular opinion but I thought it was a stupid and reckless challenge that ended up costing us a goal
What did you think of the challenge by Ralston on Kent.

A lot of these fouls were in the professional category as well. Stopping our players running into threatening positions by trying to beat a 1 on 1. I'm amazed it was only 8. The foul counter is broke.

Brought up in the sixties when this type of tackle was celebrated. Nowadays its punished.
Given our inability to defend set pieces, we need to be smarter.

The problem for me is the fact Collum let much worse go unpunished. Starfelt in particular. (Who btw is a terrible footballer, who we didn’t target enough, everyone could see he was their weakest link and Alfie would have exploited that. )

Back