Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, missing the game today and going to watch as live later tonight.

Anyone got the link to the page that takes you to the delayed coverage? Doing my all to not see the score before watching later.

Quick question, missing the game today and going to watch as live later tonight.

Anyone got the link to the page that takes you to the delayed coverage? Doing my all to not see the score before watching later.
I'm not sure that works anymore. However, he's a link to today's Live stream. I'm hoping if you click on this later it will take you straight to the rerun of the match. Worked for me last Saturday evening and the full match was available (to those overseas) from virtually as soon as the final whistle blew. Just drag the bottom slider bar back to the start of the show or to kick-off point as you see fit. Looks like a new innovation for this year, so can't guarantee it will continue.

Last edited:
My mum's in Dublin the now, bought the game but the app is saying she can't watch it in that location?

Any ideas?

She tried a VPN as well and same issue.

Watching from Sydney. Definitely improved quality on connection & definition. Very smooth & clear.

However, audio seems a little bit weak & tinny, almost as if there's zero bass coming through. It's definitely not my settings.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

My mum's in Dublin the now, bought the game but the app is saying she can't watch it in that location?

Any ideas?

She tried a VPN as well and same issue.
Can't get it in Dublin as its not classed as 'overseas'.

If she has a VPN she should be able to select somewhere like France and get it. Browser will often hang onto the UK cookies though so best bet is to logout, clear cache/cookies, close browser. Then open browser and try again, might take a few Refreshes though. If she's using a mobile phone she should switch off Mobile Data and use wifi. Remember to turn on Mobile Data again when she's done.

She'd be better using the browser than the App by the way. App is pants.

Watching from Sydney. Definitely improved quality on connection & definition. Very smooth & clear.

However, audio seems a little bit weak & tinny, almost as if there's zero bass coming through. It's definitely not my settings.

Sound is fine for me on pc with 5.1 system hooked up.

Can't get it in Dublin as its not classed as 'overseas'.

If she has a VPN she should be able to select somewhere like France and get it. Browser will often hang onto the UK cookies though so best bet is to logout, clear cache/cookies, close browser. Then open browser and try again, might take a few Refreshes though. If she's using a mobile phone she should switch off Mobile Data and use wifi. Remember to turn on Mobile Data again when she's done.

She'd be better using the browser than the App by the way. App is pants.

Thanks mate I'll pass it on.

Yeah the sound is definitely washed out. You can barely hear the stadium noise

Sorry to start a thread for this but can’t find any other RTV threads.

When you purchase RTV does it not show up on your purchase history? Nothing showing on mine.

@Valley Bluenose Know your usually the man for all RTV related queries;)

Trying to find out how Mygers points are added if not on purchase history btw.

Thanks for making this thread, this forum has been crying out for an RTV thread

In all seriousness, I asked in June if I were to buy RTV there and then when would the points be added, and they said it'd be September which is when a points update is due? (correct me if I'm wrong)

As for the purchase history bit, I would doubt it'll be in the ticketing site's purchase history as it is not bought from there, again could be wrong, but thats my assumption.

When you purchase RTV does it not show up on your purchase history? Nothing showing on mine.

I asked this not to long ago as it doesn’t even ask for your my gers number

I think it’s a manual process where they use your email and link it by that as long as your using the same email

Mines is in my purchase history but only appeared in June - I bought it in early May. I’m assuming it just appeared after the latest points update. When did you purchase RTV?

I asked this not to long ago as it doesn’t even ask for your my gers number

I think it’s a manual process where they use your email and link it by that as long as your using the same email
There used to be the option on RTV to input your Rangers number to link it with your subscription. I think it was all done away with when the sites all merged.

Mines is in my purchase history but only appeared in June - I bought it in early May. I’m assuming it just appeared after the latest points update. When did you purchase RTV?

oh right mybe it shows in there once they have manually added it

I contacted them regards this last week. It will show up on your purchase order at the next points update in September.

Just renewed this morning,honestly can’t remember what happened last time.

Another question whether it’s RTV or Rangers App, we get the update on the Iphone and watch with team news, however what’s gone is the score update. Has this ceased or do I have to update RTV or App?

I've seen this before but can't seem to find the thread. So sorry for asking again. How do you go about getting RTV on a firestick? Trying to stream line how we show games at our club in Canada. Thanks in advance

Correct I did it before and then when the new RTV version came out it would not install citing the error that the fire stick was an older version of the operating system than the new RTV app was now made for…booo
I never bothered with the app, I use a Fire Stick 4k with Nord and the native Web browser and it runs like a dream.

Also for @dc99, @Gary185 and @gersfan52.

This is my understanding (it may not necessarily be correct:confused:):

Now we have 'partial' single-login the fact that you have purchased RangersTV and are a MyGers Member should be picked up automatically. That doesn't mean that your points are added immediately though - it is still a MANUAL process to add the points and can take several weeks.

The manual adding of points is a random process. When one poster queried it with MyGers he was told that anyone renewing or purchasing prior to a date in mid-June would see their points reflected when we got the July points update. Anyone renewing or purchasing after mid-June would not see their points reflected until the October update (I've seen a suggestion on here that the Oct update may be happening early but that appears to be rumour at present).

It appears that your purchase only shows in your purchase history after the points have been added.

Points are also for annual subscriptions only.

If anyone wants to query what has happened to their points then they are, of course, able to email MyGers and hope for a response. I suspect, however, it will be along the lines outlined above.

Some info from a few posters in the thread linked below - for some it happened automatically after a while as described above, some were actually contacted by MyGers and some had to chase it up. Never easy or straightforward is it?

Also for @dc99, @Gary185 and @gersfan52.

This is my understanding (it may not necessarily be correct:confused:):

Now we have 'partial' single-login the fact that you have purchased RangersTV and are a MyGers Member should be picked up automatically. That doesn't mean that your points are added immediately though - it is still a MANUAL process to add the points and can take several weeks.

The manual adding of points is a random process. When one poster queried it with MyGers he was told that anyone renewing or purchasing prior to a date in mid-June would see their points reflected when we got the July points update. Anyone renewing or purchasing after mid-June would not see their points reflected until the October update (I've seen a suggestion on here that the Oct update may be happening early but that appears to be rumour at present).

It appears that your purchase only shows in your purchase history after the points have been added.

Points are also for annual subscriptions only.

If anyone wants to query what has happened to their points then they are, of course, able to email MyGers and hope for a response. I suspect, however, it will be along the lines outlined above.

Some info from a few posters in the thread linked below - for some it happened automatically after a while as described above, some were actually contacted by MyGers and some had to chase it up. Never easy or straightforward is it?

Thanks mate I think going by other replies on the matter it looks like your spot on.

I've seen this before but can't seem to find the thread. So sorry for asking again. How do you go about getting RTV on a firestick? Trying to stream line how we show games at our club in Canada. Thanks in advance
Think you need the most up-to-date firestick
Correct I did it before and then when the new RTV version came out it would not install citing the error that the fire stick was an older version of the operating system than the new RTV app was now made for…booo
I never bothered with the app, I use a Fire Stick 4k with Nord and the native Web browser and it runs like a dream.
Seemingly the app can be only installed on the 4K max fire stick.
The App can be sideloaded ONLY to the new 4kMAX Fire TV Stick (note: NOT the older 4k Fire TV Stick).

Info in this thread:

RangersTV, however, stream live matches absolutely fine using Silk browser on any Fire TV Stick, subject of course to having a VPN installed as well. You may encounter some issues with screen resolution depending on the device you are using though.

Viewing videos on RangersTV is a different kettle of fish altogether though, and you will likely encounter the dreaded 'white bar of death'. Best way around that is to use TVBro browser and some fancy work with your fingers on the remote control (or use the mouse toggle app) to get around the 'white bar of death issue.

More info on that here, in post #310:

Regarding Mygers points for annual RTV subscription.

I've no idea how to find out if points have been added or not.

I emailed mygers to find out if my points were added for last years subscription (I've recently renewed so not even got to this years yet!). It took over 5 weeks to reply to my email. Exchanged a few more details & was told they'll find out & get back back to me. 3 weeks later, I've still not heard anything back.

I'm not sure why this appears to be so difficult.

VB, just a note re my older FireStick - just watched Gio’s Presser & Arfield’s interview without any white bars. Surpirise ! Surprise !

Haven’t bother for a very long time to even try but the full screen was perfect :)):cool:

VB, just a note re my older FireStick - just watched Gio’s Presser & Arfield’s interview without any white bars. Surpirise ! Surprise !

Haven’t bother for a very long time to even try but the full screen was perfect :)):cool:
Well that's a bolt out the blue. I'm still seeing posts about the 'white bar of death' so I'm baffled. I've a busy couple of days but will fire up my firestick next midweek and give it a go and see how I get on. Thank you.

Having same rtv issue again with it not liking my country.
Edit sorted.

I am using my mobile as a hotspot and connecting tablet to it. I had been running nord on my mobile but switched it and turned it on for my tablet instead - result is that its now working.

Is the match not on rtv to purchase? I can't find a link to buy it
Firstly you need to be overseas or overseas via a VPN. Secondly, the mistake way too many still make - do NOT login prior to trying to purchase. The payment process will take you through login. Finally, its the 3 Day Unlimited package you want so don't go looking for 'Rangers v Ross County'.

Well that's a bolt out the blue. I'm still seeing posts about the 'white bar of death' so I'm baffled. I've a busy couple of days but will fire up my firestick next midweek and give it a go and see how I get on. Thank you.
… went back to try the videos again but no luck this time - assuming only during RTV broadcast time. I had watched the pregame show last night so was looking around at available videos when they worked :confused::rolleyes:

Had quite a bit of buffering today and had to shut all down and restart computer. First time ever happened to myself with Nord VPN. Kinda pleased that I was able to fix it , given I am in the wrong end of my sixties! LOL! Have found it all quite seamless so far! thanks Valley Bluenose.

Had quite a bit of buffering today and had to shut all down and restart computer. First time ever happened to myself with Nord VPN. Kinda pleased that I was able to fix it , given I am in the wrong end of my sixties! LOL! Have found it all quite seamless so far! thanks Valley Bluenose.
Doesn't always help but I find if there's buffering then clicking on the Settings cog in the lower right of the screen and changing from Auto to 1080p (or lower) can help. I routinely just change to 1080p when I load up these days.

Well done on your own problem-solving mate. We need more of that ha ha.

Doesn't always help but I find if there's buffering then clicking on the Settings cog in the lower right of the screen and changing from Auto to 1080p (or lower) can help. I routinely just change to 1080p when I load up these days.

Well done on your own problem-solving mate. We need more of that ha ha.
Thanks VB but you lost me at the 'settings'!! But your 'idiots guide' on page 1 is really easy to follow.
cheers

Thanks VB but you lost me at the 'settings'!! But your 'idiots guide' on page 1 is really easy to follow.
cheers
LOL. On the bottom bar of the video player screen, on the right hand side, you have a 'cog' icon (Settings), the double-arrow icon (full screen) and the cast icon - maybe some others but they are the important ones.

Click on the Settings cog and you get a pop-up menu that is set to Auto by default. Simply click on 1080p (or lower) and that's you done..

LOL. On the bottom bar of the video player screen, on the right hand side, you have a 'cog' icon (Settings), the double-arrow icon (full screen) and the cast icon - maybe some others but they are the important ones.

Click on the Settings cog and you get a pop-up menu that is set to Auto by default. Simply click on 1080p (or lower) and that's you done..
Top man tks

Firstly you need to be overseas or overseas via a VPN. Secondly, the mistake way too many still make - do NOT login prior to trying to purchase. The payment process will take you through login. Finally, its the 3 Day Unlimited package you want so don't go looking for 'Rangers v Ross County'.
Thank you mate. Is this new this season cause last season I was able to purchase single games and just cast from phone to TV

Thank you mate. Is this new this season cause last season I was able to purchase single games and just cast from phone to TV
See the first bit in bold in the OP. The rule on showing matches in the UK was suspended for two years due to CoVid. Now back in play. You need to be overseas or using a VPN to appear overseas.

Disappointed that tonight is not on RTV. Thought it would avoid the Saturday 3 pm block.

I see it’s on Premier which I can’t get.

Disappointed that tonight is not on RTV. Thought it would avoid the Saturday 3 pm block.

I see it’s on Premier which I can’t get.
Its on RangersTV - for those overseas or overseas via a VPN.

You will not be seeing ANY domestic matches available on RangersTV within the UK this season. Or Euro matches for that matter (for different reasons, of course). The temporary suspension of the rule for Covid has now ended and we are back to 'normal' pre-Covid restrictions. That is a completely separate issue to the Saturday afternoon blackout.

Its on RangersTV - for those overseas or overseas via a VPN.

You will not be seeing ANY domestic matches available on RangersTV within the UK this season. Or Euro matches for that matter (for different reasons, of course). The temporary suspension of the rule for Covid has now ended and we are back to 'normal' pre-Covid restrictions. That is a completely separate issue to the Saturday afternoon blackout.
Thanks.

The COVID rule was great for us disabled fans who can’t get to games. I knew Saturdays were out of the question but I thought tonight might be exempt.

I’m ok for Bt Sport games and SKY ones but not Premier.

Thanks.

The COVID rule was great for us disabled fans who can’t get to games. I knew Saturdays were out of the question but I thought tonight might be exempt.

I’m ok for Bt Sport games and SKY ones but not Premier.
I'm only really interested in Rangers games so binned both Sky and BTSport a while ago. Learned a little about VPNs and got myself an Unlimited subscription to RangersTV. Never looked back - and its saved me a considerable sum of money as well. Bought a Freesat box to cover for terrestrial TV for the shite the Mrs watches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back