Rangers Tv App on Firestick - It is possible again!

Otto Bear

Official Ticketer
For those who watch RTV on their firestick will recall that it was previously possible to side load the app and watch from the app which always proved to be more stable than watching via the browser on the firestick.

When the RTV app was updated at the start of the year, it was no longer possible to install the app on the firestick.

However I have just picked up one of the new 4K max fire tv sticks and sideloaded the new RTV app no problem, logged in and I am watching content from my account.

As before you will need to use downloader and side load the app via APK Pure (or another such site).

I reckon I will now upgrade to the Unlimited package.

(@Valley Bluenose as our resident RTV expert, FYI)

Not long bought a 4K Firestick mate and want RTV App on there, but can you explain what you mean by, “As before you will need to use downloader and side load the app via APK Pure (or another such site).”?

Thanks.

For those who watch RTV on their firestick will recall that it was previously possible to side load the app and watch from the app which always proved to be more stable than watching via the browser on the firestick.

When the RTV app was updated at the start of the year, it was no longer possible to install the app on the firestick.

However I have just picked up one of the new 4K max fire tv sticks and sideloaded the new RTV app no problem, logged in and I am watching content from my account.

As before you will need to use downloader and side load the app via APK Pure (or another such site).

That’s interesting info mate. I assume the App still will not launch after being side-loaded into the older Fire TV Sticks? From what you are saying it sounds like it will only work in the brand new 4K MAX Fire TV Sticks, which is still a pain.

Useful to know nevertheless. I will stick this in the ‘bumper’ RangersTV thread.

WTF does side load mean :))
What the f.uck is sideloading ??! :D

Dinosaur Loyal!
The RTV App isn’t available from the Amazon App Store so you have to install it by downloading and installing the APK of the App via another App like Downloader.

If you don’t know what side-loading is then you probably don’t do it - so don’t need to know LOL.

That’s interesting info mate. I assume the App still will not launch after being side-loaded into the older Fire TV Sticks? From what you are saying it sounds like it will only work in the brand new 4K MAX Fire TV Sticks, which is still a pain.

Useful to know nevertheless. I will stick this in the ‘bumper’ RangersTV thread.
I’ll give it a try later on my older stick to see but I expect not.

Not long bought a 4K Firestick mate and want RTV App on there, but can you explain what you mean by, “As before you will need to use downloader and side load the app via APK Pure (or another such site).”?

Thanks.
The Amazon fire sticks work on the android platform, however don't use the Google play appstore. The fire sticks have their own Amazon appstore. The RTV app isn’t available on the Amazon AppStore, however that doesn’t mean you can’t install it.

You need to download the “Downloader” app from the Amazon AppStore. Then using that app you can download any app from the internet.

I’ll test if it’s working on older fire sticks first (and not only the new 4K MAX) and post a full guide over the next couple of days for any newbies who wish to have it installed.

The Amazon fire sticks work on the android platform, however don't use the Google play appstore. The fire sticks have their own Amazon appstore. The RTV app isn’t available on the Amazon AppStore, however that doesn’t mean you can’t install it.

You need to download the “Downloader” app from the Amazon AppStore. Then using that app you can download any app from the internet.

I’ll test if it’s working on older fire sticks first (and not only the new 4K MAX) and post a full guide over the next couple of days for any newbies who wish to have it installed.
Thanks pal!

The RTV App isn’t available from the Amazon App Store so you have to install it by downloading and installing the APK of the App via another App like Downloader.

If you don’t know what side-loading is then you probably don’t do it - so don’t need to know LOL.
Do you know if it's possible to side load RTV app on ROKU. I've downloaded the ROKU developer mode but it's talking about needing to upload the ZIP file. I cannot work out how to do that. Is the Rangers TV thread in the Bear Pit - if so I could check in there.

Thanks

Do you know if it's possible to side load RTV app on ROKU. I've downloaded the ROKU developer mode but it's talking about needing to upload the ZIP file. I cannot work out how to do that. Is the Rangers TV thread in the Bear Pit - if so I could check in there.

Thanks
Link to the current thread below mate - but I’ve not seen anything on Roku sticks I’m afraid.

And a link to a much older thread which might just have something but is a lot to trawl through:

Link to the current thread below mate - but I’ve not seen anything on Roku sticks I’m afraid.

And a link to a much older thread which might just have something but is a lot to trawl through:

Thanks

Just type in Rangers and tge club site will appear then click on that.Ive just downloaded it onto an older Firestick.
Just typing in Rangers will only take you to the Rangers webpage mate. That won’t give you the app.

Rangers TV App install on fire stick:

NOTE: I have checked and can confirm this works on the new Firestick 4K MAX. This will not work on older versions of the Firestick.
  1. Allow apps to be installed from unknown sources within settings on your firestick
  2. Download the “Downloader” app as you would download any app on your firestick.
  3. Use the downloader app on your fire stick and type in the link below to download the rangers tv app https://tinyurl.com/RTVFirestick
  4. When download is complete, install app open and check it launches ok then close app. The app will appear stretched as it’s not designed for fire stick however works perfectly fine (and will be full screen for games)
  5. Download and then Install the mouse toggle app using the below link in downloader as before: troypoint.com/mouse
  6. Launch mouse toggle and get familiar with it. (Instructional video here
    )
  7. Open RTV app and login. You will need to use mouse toggle at all times to navigate the RTV app.
  8. The app is more stable than watching on the firestick browsers
Let me know how you get on.

Last edited:
@Bishy Bear maybe worth pointing out you don’t really need the Mouse Toggle App on the newer Fire TV Sticks with the remote controls. I find the remote works well enough - or used to when I was able to use the App on the older Fire TV Stick.

What android version are the new 4K Max sticks being shipped with?
Mine still has issues parsing the package when trying to install on a standard 4K stick

@Bishy Bear maybe worth pointing out you don’t really need the Mouse Toggle App on the newer Fire TV Sticks with the remote controls. I find the remote works well enough - or used to when I was able to use the App on the older Fire TV Stick.
The app as it’s not native to firestick doesnt work very well with the remote control. That’s why mouse toggle is required. Makes it easy to navigate.

Just tried this on Fire TV Stick 4K and got "there was an error parsing the package", so I guess it may only work for the newer device. Will try again later on.

You’ve been able to side load the RTV app for a good few months now. I’ve got it installed on my Nvidia Shield.

if u have it on your android phone, use apps 2 fire 2 install it on your firestick.
you can get apps 2 fire on play store.

You’ve been able to side load the RTV app for a good few months now. I’ve got it installed on my Nvidia Shield.
Yea mate, but unfortunately not on the fire sticks as they run Fire OS which is a tweaked version of the Android OS. However, we now can side load on the new Fire Tv stick 4K MAX

Can I ask, what issues are folks having in using the native browser? I run Nord and that and find no real issues with RTV at all.

The only extremely minor issue I have is that when I play the video the controls disappear so I can't full screen - I have to click to pause then they appear, I full screen and then play again.

No big deal, but it does mean a slight additional delay in live matches in the time it took to pause, full screen and play again. Certainly I don't have buffering issues or anything like that?

Can I ask, what issues are folks having in using the native browser? I run Nord and that and find no real issues with RTV at all.

The only extremely minor issue I have is that when I play the video the controls disappear so I can't full screen - I have to click to pause then they appear, I full screen and then play again.

No big deal, but it does mean a slight additional delay in live matches in the time it took to pause, full screen and play again. Certainly I don't have buffering issues or anything like that?
No issues mate but I have found previously that using the app on the firestick the picture is smoother as if the firestick is processing the frames per second better.

I find the picture isn’t as sharp as connecting laptop and recently has started being a bit ’flickery’ with pixels in the top 3rd without actually buffering as such.

Recently has been OK there were times last season the buffering was a joke in firestick but always fine on laptop. Just a faff going to get the laptop every time - I’ve even connected Ethernet to prevent it being Wi-Fi but made little difference.

on the delay thing - when you pause I think if you click to fill the circle at ‘live’ before hitting play again it’ll catch-up (as good as it can anyway)

No issues mate but I have found previously that using the app on the firestick the picture is smoother as if the firestick is processing the frames per second better.
I find the picture isn’t as sharp as connecting laptop and recently has started being a bit ’flickery’ with pixels in the top 3rd without actually buffering as such.

Recently has been OK there were times last season the buffering was a joke in firestick but always fine on laptop. Just a faff going to get the laptop every time - I’ve even connected Ethernet to prevent it being Wi-Fi but made little difference.

on the delay thing - when you pause I think if you click to fill the circle at ‘live’ before hitting play again it’ll catch-up (as good as it can anyway)
Makes sense, now you mention it the stream may not be perfectly smooth in browser. I'm probably just delighted it's not as shite as some of the streams I've had to use (ahem, Europa League). Might just pay to upgrade to the new Fire Stick, it's not expensive.

And thanks for the tip @papasasac - will try that next time.

Rangers TV App install on fire stick:

NOTE: I have checked and can confirm this works on the new Firestick 4K MAX. This will not work on older versions of the Firestick.
  1. Allow apps to be installed from unknown sources within settings on your firestick
  2. Download the “Downloader” app as you would download any app on your firestick.
  3. Use the downloader app on your fire stick and type in the link below to download the rangers tv app https://tinyurl.com/RTVFirestick
  4. When download is complete, install app open and check it launches ok then close app. The app will appear stretched as it’s not designed for fire stick however works perfectly fine (and will be full screen for games)
  5. Download and then Install the mouse toggle app using the below link in downloader as before: troypoint.com/mouse
  6. Launch mouse toggle and get familiar with it. (Instructional video here
    )
  7. Open RTV app and login. You will need to use mouse toggle at all times to navigate the RTV app.
  8. The app is more stable than watching on the firestick browsers
Let me know how you get on.

Mouse toggle is not great although the app says there is an update available 1.10 for the latest Fire OS update. I have version 1.06 installed but can't see any update available. Any clue where to find it?

Back