Archive Season 2022/23 - The Great Big Bumper Thread of RangersTV Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
All domestic matches are screened ‘after midnight’. Sometimes it’s right on the money, sometimes it can be a few hours late unfortunately. Also, when first uploaded the Full Match tends to be fairly low resolution - so sometimes not the best quality but still watchable. Europa League games I’m not so certain on - might be 24 hours after for them.
Thanks for info VB

I’m up from Wales for the game today so won’t be available for any RTV issues I’m afraid. As per the OP, I’m assuming - on the basis a 3 day pass is available - that todays game will be on RangersTV for those overseas or with the ability to appear overseas via VPN. No word at all from the Club but I assume that’s down to complying with the terms of the Premier Sports deal. Enjoy.

Saw this deal posted on Hot UK Deals. You can get Private Internet Access VPN for 3 years and 3 months for just £2.60. You read that right - 3 years and 3 months for £2.60. That’s total, not per month.:eek:

Slight catch is you need to register with the Topcashback website. You will pay £65 initially but then Topcashback will refund you a whopping £62.40 of that money you pay.

If applicable I think VAT will apply to this deal - but the cashback will also include most of the VAT back as well, so perhaps a higher initial payment but a higher cashback figure as well. Still works out ludicrously cheap for a decent VPN for 39 months. An incredible deal.

I‘ve used PIA for a few years now for RangersTV without any real issues. Have a lengthy sub already so can’t buy this for myself as it seems you have to jump through hoops to get it as an existing subscriber.

Read the instructions in the link CAREFULLY before buying. Link to the deal on Hot UK Deals is:

Screengrab of the guys cashback showing on the Topcashback website after he bought:

As always with this sort of thing BUYER BEWARE. I’m only passing it on.

Last edited:
Fairly sure the latest version of the apk can be sideloaded on to a firestick so probably?
From earlier threads on FF I think the .APK can be sideloaded on to a Fire TV Stick 4K Max (I think that’s the name of their latest) but not to the earlier Fire TV Sticks or Fire TV Sticks 4K.

What time will the full replay be available for users abroad? Probably won’t be home until 4PM

What time will the full replay be available for users abroad? Probably won’t be home until 4PM
For those overseas, or able to use a VPN, who have the full Unlimited package the game is generally replayable almost instantly. If you don’t have the Unlimited it’s ‘around midnight’.

If you have Sky Sports just set it to record the game if that works for you.

I contacted RTV regarding watching content on the Silk browser, and the white bar of death. They sent me an update, of sorts:

Hi there,

This is not support (sic) stick to using Google Chrome on a laptop, computer or hand held device.

Looks like we're stuck with it for a while yet. :confused:

I contacted RTV regarding watching content on the Silk browser, and the white bar of death. They sent me an update, of sorts:

Looks like we're stuck with it for a while yet. :confused:
Yeah, they will hide behind the ‘unsupported device’ angle. TVBro browser, in my experience, makes shifting the screen in order to play videos a bit easier. Silk is still fine for live streaming (for me, at least).

See post #310 in thread below for some suggestions for those running into problems:

Yeah, they will hide behind the ‘unsupported device’ angle. TVBro browser, in my experience, makes shifting the screen in order to play videos a bit easier. Silk is still fine for live streaming (for me, at least).

See post #310 in thread below for some suggestions for those running into problems:

Yes mate, Silk is perfect for me for live streaming. That's how I watch the games right now. I just couldn't get used to TVBro so I think I'll stick to streaming on my phone and using my Chromecast to put it on my TV for all the other content.

I was hoping for a more positive update on using Silk, but it wasn't to be.

Anyone had issues with the stream quality when watching the full game delayed on a desktop? It's really low quality. I'm fine on my phone and iPad (all using the same Wi-fi).

Weirdly, I don't have this issue when watching the game live.

Dundee game on Saturday is at 1500hrs - so the English 'blackout' will be in effect for viewers down there.

Viewers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will have to use the 'substitute' RangersTV website (link further down this post) they introduced for the last Saturday 1500hrs kick-off - unless they have a VPN they can use. See post #655 and onwards for discussion on that mess. You may already have registered for the ‘substitute’ site for the Hearts game earlier in the season when this was first introduced due to the blackout for Saturday 1500hrs games.

Just to make this as clear as I can to everybody: If you have a VPN - maybe you use it to watch Away matches on RangersTV - then you have no need to register and use the new website at all. Forget it. Avoid it. Just switch on your VPN, visit Europe, go to the regular RangersTV website and purchase and view the match in the same way you would an Away game.

Bottom line here - if you have a VPN then use it and view RangersTV on the regular website as we’ve always done. If you don’t, then read this post, from here on in, in more detail.

If using a VPN try this link in the first instance:

UPDATE: If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website. One quirk though, you need to click on Subscribe on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does. Farcical in all honesty.

I will try and summarise something below for what you need to do to view Saturday 1500hrs games from Ibrox.

So, how to view:

Overseas Viewers and Those Who Can Appear Overseas Via a VPN

Nothing changes. You continue to visit the regular RangersTV website and use your subscription to view or you purchase PPV via the page below. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread - but note the Update bit above.

Viewers in England

My recommendation is to use a VPN and make a quick trip overseas to the likes of France, Belgium etc.

Switch on your VPN, refresh your browser and then visit the page above to purchase the match on PPV. Just follow the instructions for overseas viewers above.

If you don’t have a VPN then I’m afraid the match will not be available to you on RangersTV legitimately.

Viewers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

And now the mess! Firstly, my recommendation (even if you are in the UK) - if you have a VPN - is to use it to visit the likes of France, Belgium etc and stick to using the regular RangersTV website to PPV and view as we’ve always done. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.

If you don’t have a VPN then the fun and games begin. It looks like you are required to visit a NEW website (not RangersTV) and to register a NEW Account (not you RangersTV or Rangers one). UNLESS you previously registered for the Hearts game when this was introduced,

The website to visit to purchase the match – and to view it later - is here:

Home | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

Hopefully it takes you through registering your NEW Account as part of the purchase process but, if it doesn’t for any reason, then the website to register the new Account is here:

Register | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

The FAQs are here. I’ve not been through them but, on first glance, they look fairly comprehensive and cover use of a number of devices and have advice on which of the three links they will provide to use in order to achieve best results:

FAQs | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

You Show as Being in England – but Aren’t

I’ve no idea what’s the best course of action if you are on mobile and your device detects you as being in England, even if you aren’t. This is what the FAQ says:

Please contact the support team before 2pm on a match day with your location. A number of servers are run from England so your device may have an IP address which runs through there. The support team will check your location and if you are out with England, they will then bypass that region and ensure you have access.

EDIT: If you can’t see Contact Us along the top of the website, and you’re on an iPad for example, rotate to Landscape mode and it should be there. See post #691. It doesn’t look like the Contact Us is available on a phone, needs another device.:(

Good Luck.

(I think I may take the weekend away from FollowFollow).

Last edited:
Anyone had issues with the stream quality when watching the full game delayed on a desktop? It's really low quality. I'm fine on my phone and iPad (all using the same Wi-fi).

Weirdly, I don't have this issue when watching the game live.
I waited 3.5hrs to catch-up on Sunday and as you saw the quality was sh$te :mad:

Sent 2 messages to RTV Support
1. When will the replay appear?
2. Why is the quality so bad?

VB was right in saying after 24hrs the quality (1080p) would be the same as a live game.

I never did get a reply from RTV Support :(:rolleyes:

A wee bump for this as the Dundee game is now available to buy.

However....note this will be on the 'substitute' RangersTV website for those in the Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and won't be available at all to those in England unless they use a VPN, since its a Saturday 1500hrs kick off.

That's problematic for those watching in the UK and NOT using a VPN to appear abroad.

See post #876 above for the long - very long - explanation and guidelines.

Last edited:
Just got an email about Saturdays game. Having to register on a new platform wtf Rangers? Why is everything so complicated? Is it easier to just get the VPN on?

Just got an email about Saturdays game. Having to register on a new platform wtf Rangers? Why is everything so complicated? Is it easier to just get the VPN on?
Post #876 mate. Yes, stick with VPN if you can.

If not using a VPN, you may already be registered on the new site if you used it for Hearts (you’ve obviously forgotten that’s when this was introduced due to the English blackout). See the post I referred to though.

Last edited:
Quick one here.

No doubt it's been covered so apologies.

Family member down south is trying to purchase a pass for tomorrow. It's being declined as his cards Registered to an English address.

Any way round this?

Quick one here.

No doubt it's been covered so apologies.

Family member down south is trying to purchase a pass for tomorrow. It's being declined as his cards Registered to an English address.

Any way round this?
Nothing to do with where his card is registered. You can’t view tomorrow in England without using a VPN to appear overseas. Saturday 1500hrs blackout in effect down there.

See post #876 (I suspect I will be typing that a few times in the next 20 hours or so:rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Nothing to do with where his card is registered. You can’t view tomorrow in England without using a VPN to appear overseas. Saturday 1500hrs blackout in effect down there.

See post #876 (I suspect I will be typing that a few times in the next 20 hours or so:rolleyes:).

No worries mate. Wasn't sure if using a VPN could help or not.

It’s matchday - and the arrangements for todays game are decidedly different if you want to view on RangersTV.

Read post #876. Basically, if you have a VPN then use it and stick to the regular RangersTV website as you normally would. If you live overseas nothing changes either.

If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website.
One quirk though, you need to click on Subscribe on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does.

If you are in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, and don’t have a VPN, then you need to use the recent ‘substitute’ RangersTV website (details in post #876).

If you are in England the only way to view RangersTV today is by using a VPN to appear overseas.

Last edited:
Dundee game on Saturday is at 1500hrs - so the English 'blackout' will be in effect for viewers down there.

Viewers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland will have to use the 'substitute' RangersTV website (link further down this post) they introduced for the last Saturday 1500hrs kick-off - unless they have a VPN they can use. See post #655 and onwards for discussion on that mess. You may already have registered for the ‘substitute’ site for the Hearts game earlier in the season when this was first introduced due to the blackout for Saturday 1500hrs games.

Just to make this as clear as I can to everybody: If you have a VPN - maybe you use it to watch Away matches on RangersTV - then you have no need to register and use the new website at all. Forget it. Avoid it. Just switch on your VPN, visit Europe, go to the regular RangersTV website and purchase and view the match in the same way you would an Away game.

Bottom line here - if you have a VPN then use it and view RangersTV on the regular website as we’ve always done. If you don’t, then read this post, from here on in, in more detail.

If using a VPN try this link in the first instance:

UPDATE: If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website. One quirk though, you need to click on Subscribe on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does. Farcical in all honesty.

I will try and summarise something below for what you need to do to view Saturday 1500hrs games from Ibrox.

So, how to view:

Overseas Viewers and Those Who Can Appear Overseas Via a VPN

Nothing changes. You continue to visit the regular RangersTV website and use your subscription to view or you purchase PPV via the page below. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.

Viewers in England

My recommendation is to use a VPN and make a quick trip overseas to the likes of France, Belgium etc.

Switch on your VPN, refresh your browser and then visit the page above to purchase the match on PPV. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.

If you don’t have a VPN then I’m afraid the match will not be available to you on RangersTV legitimately.

Viewers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland

And now the mess! Firstly, my recommendation (even if you are in the UK) - if you have a VPN - is to use it to visit the likes of France, Belgium etc and stick to using the regular RangersTV website to PPV and view as we’ve always done. Just follow the instructions in the OP of this thread.

If you don’t have a VPN then the fun and games begin. It looks like you are required to visit a NEW website (not RangersTV) and to register a NEW Account (not you RangersTV or Rangers one). UNLESS you previously registered for the Hearts game when this was introduced,

The website to visit to purchase the match – and to view it later - is here:

Home | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

Hopefully it takes you through registering your NEW Account as part of the purchase process but, if it doesn’t for any reason, then the website to register the new Account is here:

Register | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

The FAQs are here. I’ve not been through them but, on first glance, they look fairly comprehensive and cover use of a number of devices and have advice on which of the three links they will provide to use in order to achieve best results:

FAQs | Rangers PPV (streamdigital.tv)

You Show as Being in England – but Aren’t

I’ve no idea what’s the best course of action if you are on mobile and your device detects you as being in England, even if you aren’t. This is what the FAQ says:

Please contact the support team before 2pm on a match day with your location. A number of servers are run from England so your device may have an IP address which runs through there. The support team will check your location and if you are out with England, they will then bypass that region and ensure you have access.

EDIT: If you can’t see Contact Us along the top of the website, and you’re on an iPad for example, rotate to Landscape mode and it should be there. See post #691. It doesn’t look like the Contact Us is available on a phone, needs another device.:(

Good Luck.

(I think I may take the weekend away from FollowFollow).
Thanks mate, you've no idea how helpful this is.....

It’s matchday - and the arrangements for todays game are decidedly different if you want to view on RangersTV.

Read post #876. Basically, if you have a VPN then use it and stick to the regular RangersTV website as you normally would. If you live overseas nothing changes either.

If using a VPN and trying to purchase the game if you get redirected to the new website then try clearing cache/cookies, closing down your browser and then opening your browser and trying again on the real RangersTV website. If 'overseas' you should be nowhere near the new website.
One quirk though, you need to click on Subscribe on the white menu bar at the bottom of the screen and not the Subscribe button next to the game. If it doesn't appear keep clearing cache/cookies until it does.

If you are in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, and don’t have a VPN, then you need to use the recent ‘substitute’ RangersTV website (details in post #876).

If you are in England the only way to view RangersTV today is by using a VPN to appear overseas.
Sorry VB, I know you get inundated with queries mate, but when the "substittute" site info was initially put up, I jumped the gun, registered & purchased the game through it when I normally use a vpn.:rolleyes:

Can I just go back to ignoring this new site & go down my usual route or do I need to continue with the new site?

Sorry VB, I know you get inundated with queries mate, but when the "substittute" site info was initially put up, I jumped the gun, registered & purchased the game through it when I normally use a vpn.:rolleyes:

Can I just go back to ignoring this new site & go down my usual route or do I need to continue with the new site?
No mate, if you've registered and paid on the 'substitute' website then use the 'substitute' website - provided you're not in England that is. Your purchase won't be recognised by the regular RangersTV website I don't think so if you wanted to use the VPN you'd need to buy again - not a great idea. Unless you have the Unlimited subscription - though you wouldn't have been buying the match if you had that so I assume not.

Last edited:
For those watching via the regular RangersTV website - ie those using a VPN or actually overseas - the Watch Live button is now active and showing the club badges.

For those in the UK (except England) using the 'substitute' RangersTV website I'm not sure if the Live button is there yet but it might be worth trying.

Coverage starts at 1430hrs. Anyone with issues see post #876 for advice/suggestions.

For those watching via the regular RangersTV website - ie those using a VPN or actually overseas - the Watch Live button is now active and showing the club badges.

For those in the UK (except England) using the 'substitute' RangersTV website I'm not sure if the Live button is there yet but it might be worth trying.

Coverage starts at 1430hrs. Anyone with issues see post #876 for advice/suggestions.

Badges are up on the PPV site now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back