The Heysel disaster, caused by the SAS.

Gauche.

I know social media can be bonkers at the best of times.
But this Liverpool fan and others, seem to believe that the death of fans at the 1985 European Cup final was the work of the British government who used the armed forces?
I had never heard this conspiracy theory before.
Others seem to indicate that fans of other clubs went to Belgium to cause mayhem to make Liverpool look bad?
Does anyone know non Liverpool fans that were there and what was the experience?

But this Liverpool fan and others, seem to believe that the death of fans at the 1985 European Cup final was the work of the British government who used the armed forces?
Others seem to indicate that fans of other clubs went to Belgium to cause mayhem to make Liverpool look bad?
Does anyone know non Liverpool fans that were there and what was the experience?
I recall after the 2008 final, plenty people on here insisting it was fans of other teams who had started and maintained the trouble in Manchester that night. I guess you'll always get that element of deflection in an attempt to protect your own team.

Mind you, no one went as far as to say it was the SAS and Government:D

wow wow wow........... i've read mental takes on lots of things but this is up there

The further away from social media you can get, the better.

FF is literally the only thing I am on and that's mainly for Rangers and a laugh
Ha, ha.Probably true, not a major user of it, but sometimes you have to share the insanity as a reminder of what it can be like.
We have all heard many bonkers stories about football, but I think this guy is genuinely serious.

Ha, ha.Probably true, not a major user of it, but sometimes you have to share the insanity as a reminder of what it can be like.
We have all heard many bonkers stories about football, but I think this guy is genuinely serious.
It's not worth the hassle, any post by a major outlet, be it about news or football is overrun by trolls, bots or just arseholes. Literally have it to occasionally catch up with folk and nothing more.

I try not to lump everyone in with any screwball I see, but it seems everyone from Liverpool believes they are the centre of the universe and everyone loves them.

Its strange that this episode when discussed is met with disgust and disdain from Scousers and they try to airbrush it from history.
The SAS being the instigators of this tragedy is a new one right enough.

Turning this on it's head slightly.
When we played Shelbourne at Prenton Park (Tranmere Rovers), there was mayhem outside the ground as many will remember.
Although those causing it were bedecked in Rangers colours they sounded like the cast of 'Brookside.' I was caught in the middle of the r soles.
I don't remember the SAS being present though.

If ever a club deserved the title the celtic of england,it's them.

I recall after the 2008 final, plenty people on here insisting it was fans of other teams who had started and maintained the trouble in Manchester that night. I guess you'll always get that element of deflection in an attempt to protect your own team.

I remember being in a chippy after the final in Fallowfield in the South of the city and there was a good 30-40 all in Rangers gear, mostly Mancs. It was a day out for so many.

Not saying Rangers fans weren't involved in trouble either!

You've just got to hope they don't actually believe that nonsense. SAS mission to make Liverpool fans seem worse than they already are. Deluded is putting it mildly.

You've just got to hope they don't actually believe that nonsense. SAS mission to make Liverpool fans seem worse than they already are. Deluded is putting it mildly.
Rght enough, I don't think they needed help from anyone else to demonstrate that they're a pain.

14 people from the Uk were convicted of manslaughter post-Heysel - I don't recall any of them being non-Liverpool supporters.

(Scottish Football note - One of those accused but acquitted went on to be a professional player and was Warnock's assistant manager at Aberdeen)

When we played Shelbourne at Prenton Park (Tranmere Rovers), there was mayhem outside the ground as many will remember.
Although those causing it were bedecked in Rangers colours they sounded like the cast of 'Brookside.' I was caught in the middle of the r soles.
The SBS were crossing the Mersey at the time.

At times I think there should be some sort of censorship on these platforms.

At other times I think there shouldn’t be. Purely so we can identify and deal with the utter morons that walk near us.

There’s plenty of truth in what you’re saying about Manchester though.

I was there and can recall Millwall fans present and causing trouble.

Clearly our own were just as culpable but it’s a stretch to compare it to the ultimate fantasy of blaming the SAS

Liverpool and Celtic are one and the same when it comes to conspiracies, blame and victimisation.

Liverpool fans are scum.
They were that night , basically attacked the family section , it was dads with kids they chased and running away caused the wall to collapse . English fans were then banned , fences were up . So in 1989 cops thought they were at it again and disaster happened

I was minding my own business in the pub at the carpark and the cops chased us out into the chaos. I'm getting on a bit now but I'm sure there was a cop on a horse in the pub. Or maybe I just had one too many.

I was minding my own business in the pub at the carpark and the cops chased us out into the chaos. I'm getting on a bit now but I'm sure there was a cop on a horse in the pub. Or maybe I just had one too many.
No there was indeed a horse in the car park at least.
Not sure old Dobbin made it into the lounge bar :)

Sadly for those of us who were at that game, we're all getting on a bit.

Back