The lad James at Chelsea

He’s having a great season, what a goal he scored tonight and some ball through for Werner’s goal too.

Boy had a smashing game Chelsea are playing very well just now and were very good to watch i thought

The boy is superb

He will probably be unlucky in his England career as he will play second fiddle to TAA but he is a star for sure

I hope Chelsea have him tied down on a long term deal

Kal Naismith was on Open Goal in the summer said Reece James who he played with at Wigan could play for any team in the world.

He's got the world at his feet just now. Chelsea's youth system is phenomenal.

I'm sure he said something like at Wigan they started playing him centre mid just because he was that good they needed him involved in as much of the game as possible

Kal Naismith was on Open Goal in the summer said Reece James who he played with at Wigan could play for any team in the world.

It does help when they can buy youth from all over the world then just loan them out to feeder teams until they turn good.

Saw him on loan at Wigan (i think) a couple of seasons ago, he was excellent.

Along with Cancelo and Trent they're absolute musts for your Fantasy Team!

Best right back around just now.

Always remember him getting stick on here, one or two saying they didn’t see it with James when Lampard’s team was struggling.

I was saying this at the weekend. I can’t see past them for the title this season
Depends on their managers mindset, he sat and let man city steamroll his team at the bridge, it might have been 1-0 city but Chelsea sat in so much they didn't even muster a shot on target. Right good result away at Liverpool mind you.

if you want to win the title you need to beat the likes of man city at home.

It does help when they can buy youth from all over the world then just loan them out to feeder teams until they turn good.

They’ve had Reece James since he was six years old. They handled his development incredibly well. Potentially saves the club £100m+ if he stays with them. Chelsea have got five England internationals that joined the club at eight years old or younger- Mason Mount started at 4! True, they buy youth from abroad but they ain’t doing bad at home.

Knew after seeing him a few times he was a top player, been one of my favourites for a couple of years now.

The amount of money English clubs invest in academies is starting to pay off, some great players coming through them.

I seen a few Wigan games where he was excellent as a centre midfielder, I mentioned him in here as a possible boy who should be on our radar. In true FF fashion the network of scouts were quick to tell me he was a Chelsea player and a RB and he would be going nowhere but the first team. One of those naturally technical and athletic modern day footballers always destined for the top

Good player he got a chance and took it, we have a similar player called Nathan Patterson who doesn't get a chance

Essentially involves using their oil money to buy up every decent youth prospect going with the law of averages saying at least a few will end up brilliant.

Amazing Performance By Him Glad I Was At The Bridge Tonight To Witness It & What A Goal Line Clearence By Thiago Silva Is He 22 Or 37 ? Amazing Performance By Him Aswell At His Age Still Showing Hes The Best Centerback

Told my Chelsea-supporting step son last season that Tavernier was a better player than James.

That comment has not aged well.
I got slaughtered on here last season for saying Patterson was by far the best right back at Rangers…

Did Frank bring him through?

Frank brought him into the first team and gave him his first start. Same with wee Gilmour.

Funny how people cry on here about Tav and Patterson, but Chelsea have literally managed the same situation with James and Azpe..Captain Dave.

Azpi was playing right centre back a lot for a bit but he has been incredibly professional and not spat the dummy when he’s had to make way. Unreal amount of talent in that team just now.

Depends on their managers mindset, he sat and let man city steamroll his team at the bridge, it might have been 1-0 city but Chelsea sat in so much they didn't even muster a shot on target. Right good result away at Liverpool mind you.

if you want to win the title you need to beat the likes of man city at home.

Changed the system that day to a 5-3-2 / 3-5-2 against Man City. Thought it was a strange move considering they beat City multiple times (and just about everybody else) with the tried and tested 3-4-3 / 5-2-3.

That day he went with an extra centre mid and played Kante, Jorgi and Kovacic and just couldn’t create anything going forward.

They’ve had Reece James since he was six years old. They handled his development incredibly well. Potentially saves the club £100m+ if he stays with them. Chelsea have got five England internationals that joined the club at eight years old or younger- Mason Mount started at 4! True, they buy youth from abroad but they ain’t doing bad at home.
Lampard saved the club about £200 million when he brought these lads through, yes the circumstances dictated that he had to but Frank was with them growing up and took a couple of them derby county, ultimately it cost Frank his job when the lads form dipped but he kept faith and Chelsea are far better off today for it. I love seeing home grown players make it with their club.

Essentially involves using their oil money to buy up every decent youth prospect going with the law of averages saying at least a few will end up brilliant.

They took in around £60m for Abraham and Tomori in the summer.

Conor Gallagher is bossing it for Palace and won his first England cap recently before even making a single appearance for Chelsea.

They obviously have a huge wealth advantage but they are continuously churning out gems at the moment.

It's a bit of myth that one. The vast majority of the ones now have come all the way through the youth ranks from the age of 8 etc. They did go through a spell of buying young foreign players and immediately loaning them out, some of them never actually seen Stamford Bridge but the ones in the team now are mostly home grown.

Back