The lad James at Chelsea

I watched the highlights of the Chelsea game, he was fantastic in all he done, rocket shot on him as well.

I would be playing James ahead of TAA in the England team, certainly at RWB.

Trent has versatility to play elsewhere (perhaps even long term CM)

He’s a great player. The comparison to TAA should stop though, Trent is the best right back in the world and it’s not really close. He’s a playmaker from right back. And James is a really good player though.

• Haha
Reactions: CF4
He’s a great player. The comparison to TAA should stop though, Trent is the best right back in the world and it’s not really close. He’s a playmaker from right back. And James is a really good player though.
I think the only thing that will stop Reece James being England's first choice right back is if Southgate tries to shoehorn both into the same team and James plays on the right of a back 3, a la Kyle Walker.

TAA's threat from set-pieces overshadows that his defending can be suspect.

Funny how people cry on here about Tav and Patterson, but Chelsea have literally managed the same situation with James and Azpe..Captain Dave.

Aye, by playing Azpilicueta at centre half. I can't imagine anyone will be doing that with either Tavernier or Patterson.

Tuchel is a great coach who came at right time: cracking players but not a lot of tactical work going on. They were willing to learn and improvw. At PSG the 'star players' ran the show and he was getting nowhere really.

Amazing Performance By Him Glad I Was At The Bridge Tonight To Witness It & What A Goal Line Clearence By Thiago Silva Is He 22 Or 37 ? Amazing Performance By Him Aswell At His Age Still Showing Hes The Best Centerback

Few beers in the capital last night? :)

Essentially involves using their oil money to buy up every decent youth prospect going with the law of averages saying at least a few will end up brilliant.
Except that’s nonsense. Of the current squad only Christiansen was signed from another team’s youth set up and you could add Gilmour to that.

As has been stated multiple times on this thread the vast majority joined Chelsea as kids, including the five current first team regulars.

Don’t let bitterness get in the way of facts.

They’ve had Reece James since he was six years old. They handled his development incredibly well. Potentially saves the club £100m+ if he stays with them. Chelsea have got five England internationals that joined the club at eight years old or younger- Mason Mount started at 4! True, they buy youth from abroad but they ain’t doing bad at home.
Six and four , crazy been there all there footballing life to date but it’s paying off big time

Except that’s nonsense. Of the current squad only Christiansen was signed from another team’s youth set up and you could add Gilmour to that.

As has been stated multiple times on this thread the vast majority joined Chelsea as kids, including the five current first team regulars.

Don’t let bitterness get in the way of facts.
They are an oil club and they did buy up copious amounts of youth talent though. Didn’t they also get a transfer ban for breaching rules with regards to academy players…

They are an oil club and they did buy up copious amounts of youth talent though. Didn’t they also get a transfer ban for breaching rules with regards to academy players…
So their youth system revolves around using oil money (zzz) to hoover up talent from other Clubs despite the fact that 5 of the current 6 academy products were at the Club from early primary school age?

Tremendous player.

England have a ridiculous amount of good right backs.

Still think Hakimi is the best RWB in the world though.

Ironically partly because they signed Billy Gilmour, which we were also fined for!

Amazing Performance By Him Glad I Was At The Bridge Tonight To Witness It & What A Goal Line Clearence By Thiago Silva Is He 22 Or 37 ? Amazing Performance By Him Aswell At His Age Still Showing Hes The Best Centerback

Glad You Enjoyed The Game Mate Great Result For Chelsea

What a player this boy is

An absolute machine

Can do it all

What a performance from him tonight

Best right back wing back I’ve seen
Shouldnt be playing instead of Patterson….
Never a captain….

Oh … wait… wrong thread.

So their youth system revolves around using oil money (zzz) to hoover up talent from other Clubs despite the fact that 5 of the current 6 academy products were at the Club from early primary school age?
You seem to think having first team players coming through from that age cancels out the fact they buy up ridiculous amounts of promising youngster

You seem to think having first team players coming through from that age cancels out the fact they buy up ridiculous amounts of promising youngster
I think having 5 players in the squad compared to 1 from another youth set up makes a mockery of the notion that the policy revolves around poaching youngsters from other teams.

What struck me was the number of youth players in their first team which is pretty incredible. Compare to us for example we’ve had maybe 3 or 4 in decades.

What struck me was the number of youth players in their first team which is pretty incredible. Compare to us for example we’ve had maybe 3 or 4 in decades.
They can afford to spent so much more than us in that department, they sold 3 or 4 academy graduates for £100m in the summer.

We’ve actually played a lot of youth over the past 10 years, very few have been good enough though and it’s the same for chelsea.

For every player they bring through there’ll be about 20 in their academy that don’t - they had something like 40 players out on loan last season.

They farm youth players, have a wide scope in terms of where they sign the players and spend an absolute fortune in fees and wages.

However, it ends up paying for itself but we quite simply can’t operate like that yet but I’m pretty confident our academy will start paying for itself on a smaller scale.

Overall they are one of the best sides in football for youth, Lampard helped develop a lot of these guys - obviously the transfer embargo helped them.

They can afford to spent so much more than us in that department, they sold 3 or 4 academy graduates for £100m in the summer.

We’ve actually played a lot of youth over the past 10 years, very few have been good enough though and it’s the same for chelsea.

For every player they bring through there’ll be about 20 in their academy that don’t - they had something like 40 players out on loan last season.

They farm youth players, have a wide scope in terms of where they sign the players and spend an absolute fortune in fees and wages.

However, it ends up paying for itself but we quite simply can’t operate like that yet but I’m pretty confident our academy will start paying for itself on a smaller scale.

Overall they are one of the best sides in football for youth, Lampard helped develop a lot of these guys - obviously the transfer embargo helped them.
Why do you think that? It’s produced little of note in a very long time. Even the manks have McGregor and Forrest?

Why do you think that? It’s produced little of note in a very long time. Even the manks have McGregor and Forrest?
Because I pay a lot of attention to the academy, and the way it’s being run is by far the best it’s been in my life.

It was pretty much neglected for most of the last decade, and even in that time we still produced players like McLeod and McKay who were sold on for decent fees.

Clubs like Man City, Chelsea and Roma have successfully signed some of the guys from our academy or shown interest in others.

We have Nathan Patterson who will be an absolute star, and likely pay for the academy for 20 years when he moves on.

The Scotland u21 side is mostly made up of Rangers players, and even the guys we release are getting signed by English Premier League clubs.

What a player this boy is

An absolute machine

Can do it all

What a performance from him tonight

Best right back wing back I’ve seen
Not any better than Nathan Patterson IMO, once the wee man gets his chance, which I think will be soon. Watch him go on to be one of the best in the world.

Back