The last time you wanted a Scottish team to do well in Europe?

Raith Rovers as a few others have said.

I was Davie Kirkwood's paper boy at the time and remember him bringing Nerlinger's strip to the door to show me the following week after he swapped it in Munich.

Aberdeen and Dundee Utd in the 80's, unbelievably as it seems now.

The vile assault on Ian Durrant and the reaction to it changed everything.

That was the same here but in view of what has prevailed since the late 80's mainly with the sheep ye can fuuk them all.

And the fiddlers, well I've never wanted them to win even a game of cairds the chancers.

Never wanted any of them to lose other than that mob, I can recall some great matches involving Dundee Utd, Aberdoom, Hearts, Raith and Motherwell in Europe but I am struggling to come up with a particular year my feelings changed towards the other clubs.

I suppose it happened over a period of time as the demonisation narrative in tandem with our own success on the park which historically has been a source of agitation among all other fans jealous of it was further ramped up by the mhedia, certain politicians, certain academics and a stream of other bitter b@stards constantly drip feeding the Rangers = bad message.

Our reality for many years now it’s pretty safe to say is one that leaves us standing alone against the rest but it’s the poisonous minority diaspora in this country who really poisoned the well the most as they inevitably do and just tragic that so many of our fellow Scots bought into it, I won’t forget that fact.

Raith rovers. And Dundee hibs v Gothenburg, I'm now glad that Dundee mob didn't win as my hatred for them now knows no bounds.

I remember sitting cheering Dolly on when they beat Real Madrid and also wanting Dundee United to beat Roma in the European cup semi final.

Despise both these clubs now, I will never again again support any Scottish club in Europe, along with the Jacobite Bastards of the national team, I want them all well and truly Fecked every single time any of them play.

Sad days Glasgow born and bred and I absolutely loathe the Scottish International team.

Northern Ireland and England for this Bear.

Dunfermline vs Harfnarfjodoor about 20 years ago to please the missus. They got beat at McDiarmid Park (because the UEFA sanctioned plastic pitch at East End was deemed by UEFA not suitable for the UEFA Cup. While plastic pitches are kak, they allow worse ones now.) Second qualifying round I think

As a kid I cheered on Dundee United in 86/87 and Hearts in 88/89 during their UEFA Cup runs.
Same here, although I wasn't a kid. Can't remember being interested when Aberdeen did well, and I was positively pleased at Feyenoord beating them in 1970 even though I was only 8.

Always want Scottish teams to do well in Europe. Whether we like it or not, the failures of the other Scottish teams has a negative impact on our status and the likelihood of easier paths and more revenue for Rangers.

That's Scottish teams... Oirish team, not so much.

Just remembered I went to watch St Mirren get beaten by Mechelen in 1987. After a 0-0 result away, it was possible that they might progress to the next round. My main memory of that night was the atrocious state of the ground.

Get the feeling most if not, every football fan in the country want us to lose, and that's fine in all honesty, could care not a jot. I have nothing but apathy, verging on hatred for the rest of Scottish football. The days I wanted any of them to do well are long gone. I remember the infamous Celtic, Athletico Madrid game and didn't think Madrid went far enough. As for the wee ginger shite Johnston rolling about like a lump of wood bouncing off the turf, made me laugh

Back in the mid to late 80s enjoyed watching Dundee Utd taking on and beating some big names in Europe, I was a big fan of Paul Sturrock as a player so wanted him to do well.

On the flip side, and like many others, love it when the Septic lose any game but the best has to be Eufa CF in 2003, watched their defeat to Porto in a local bar whilst on holiday in Portugal, my reaction to their defeat was even greater than the locals to a Porto win. Travelled home the following day from Faro Airport, full of mhanks, brilliant.

Just remembered I went to watch St Mirren get beaten by Mechelen in 1987. After a 0-0 result away, it was possible that they might progress to the next round. My main memory of that night was the atrocious state of the ground.

Mechelen won it that year. First season ever in Europe.

Airdrie was the only time I have cheered on another Scottish team. In the 80s i was old enough to remember my da cheering when Gothenburg beat Dundee united. He must have known they were scum even then!!!

I was okay with the sheep getting past Xmas in 07-08. Didn’t cheer them on, right enough.
Actively wanting others to win - Aberdeen v Real Madrid, Dun Utd v Gothenburg and Barcelona. And Raith Rovers.
Apart from the 07-08, this is probably me. As I kid, I genuinely loved Scotland international team and club teams in Europe (with one obvious exception).

Now, I genuinely wouldn't give a F if another Scottish team never won another game. I know I'll get shouted down because of coefficient etc, but I can't see myself ever ACTIVELY supporting another Scottish team in Europe again. If they pick up some wins/points, so be it.

F em All.

Back