The likely background to the Times story on the Taxman and the Tax bill

Slowly but surely the veil is being lifted over this whole debacle. I simply do not believe that HMRC looked around and the name 'Rangers' cropped up, and they were the saps chosen to be made an example of. No, I've always been convinced that there were people, well-connected people, who deliberately orchestrated the events that lead to Rangers being sanctioned to a wholly disproportionate degree given the nature and relative gravity of the offenses they were accused and found 'guilty'of.

To ferret out the conspirators in all of this, we must first ask the obvious question - who in Scottish football would most benefit from Rangers demise? Well, Scottish football as a whole would obviously be damaged from the country's biggest and most successful club being ruined. But one club clearly would not: celtic. For them, there were two 'can't-lose' scenarios that would ensue from the scam: i) With Rangers hobbled and out of serious contention for many years, celtic would have unimpeded access to years of CL revenue which would be stockpiled and used to maintain a permanent 'quality gap' over Rangers in terms of the calibre of players they could afford to sign, a gap that Rangers might never be able to breech. The 2nd possible outcome, involved a worse-case scenario in which Rangers really did go under and no longer existed - and could never again be re-constituted in their present form. Here, Scottish football really would cease to be competitive in any meaningful sense, with Celtic winning trebles in perpetuity. In such a case I think Celtic's intention was to then petition UEFA to allow a one-time exception, and permit Celtic to join English football - perhaps by starting off in the Championship. With a future in the EPL beckoning, and having destroyed their hated Glasgow rivals, celtic would be justified in saying - 'mission accomplished'.

Slowly but surely the veil is being lifted over this whole debacle. I simply do not believe that HMRC looked around and the name 'Rangers' cropped up, and they were the saps chosen to be made an example of. No, I've always been convinced that there were people, well-connected people, who deliberately orchestrated the events that lead to Rangers being sanctioned to a wholly disproportionate degree given the nature and relative gravity of the offenses they were accused and found 'guilty'of.

To ferret out the conspirators in all of this, we must first ask the obvious question - who in Scottish football would most benefit from Rangers demise? Well, Scottish football as a whole would obviously be damaged from the country's biggest and most successful club being ruined. But one club clearly would not: celtic. For them, there were two 'can't-lose' scenarios that would ensue from the scam: i) With Rangers hobbled and out of serious contention for many years, celtic would have unimpeded access to years of CL revenue which would be stockpiled and used to maintain a permanent 'quality gap' over Rangers in terms of the calibre of players they could afford to sign, a gap that Rangers might never be able to breech. The 2nd possible outcome, involved a worse-case scenario in which Rangers really did go under and no longer existed - and could never again be re-constituted in their present form. Here, Scottish football really would cease to be competitive in any meaningful sense, with Celtic winning trebles in perpetuity. In such a case I think Celtic's intention was to then petition UEFA to allow a one-time exception, and permit Celtic to join English football - perhaps by starting off in the Championship. With a future in the EPL beckoning, and having destroyed their hated Glasgow rivals, celtic would be justified in saying - 'mission accomplished'.
This is spot on.

Last year for winning the CL Liverpool received £80 million.

Last year for being relegated from the EPL Hartlepool received £96.5 Million.

The Mhanks goal was entry into the EPL.

We volunteered to go to the bottom league didn’t we?
They all wanted us in the Championship with loads of restrictions.

Yes volunteered is probably a more apt term to use as going to the bottom tier was more palatable than being used and abused as a cash cow in the championship but don’t forget it was only a matter of hours before the Brechin City game in the challenge cup that the SFA decided to grant us our licence in order to be able put a team out and play competitive football again. Despicable bastards!

My belief is Whyte always planned to put the business into administration shed the debt and sell the Club to a preferred buyer (ie him or one of his cronies)At a knock down price via a pre pack arrangement.
He could then milk the debt free club for a couple of years them sell it on at a massive profit and disappear into the sunset with his millions and in his head a hero for"saving"the club.It all blew up when HMRC blocked the administration attempt.
You missed out selling Ibrox probably for his own gain.

This is spot on.

Last year for winning the CL Liverpool received £80 million.

Last year for being relegated from the EPL Hartlepool received £96.5 Million.

The Mhanks goal was entry into the EPL.
Whilst ignoring the strange monkey hanger reference, I do not believe that the ***s saw any further than the death of Rangers. Ambition was not their motivation, it was hatred.
We will remain at a major disadvantage until we understand the level of hatred these chunts have ingrained into them from birth.
They despise everything that we are proud of.
Rangers were expelled from Scottish football for being victims of a criminal conspiracy, Celtc have 7 convictions for institutionalised paedophile activity over 4 decades, without the slightest reprimand or condemnation, from any source. The Scottish political parties, main stream media, the national broadcaster and footballing authorities are perfectly content to turn a Nelsonian eye to the abuse of 100s of our children for some reason.
How far our nation will continue to abrogate its moral responsibilty renains indetermined, but shows not the slightest sign of ending.

It wasn’t. The initial claim for the big tax case was £49m, a £35m tax bill plus £24m charges and interest (which grew as the years rolled on).

It’s stated in Martin Bains court transcripts back when he tried to get his potential compensation ring fenced.

https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/search-judgments/judgment?id=6fb986a6-8980-69d2-b500-ff0000d74aa7

it’s a scary read that but very revealing. That’s in September 2011 and you can tell those in the know behind the scenes could see the writing on the wall
That is scary. Can’t remember it being discussed anywhere as significant at the time.

Ni.
c
Think he means huddersfield
A miniscule faux pas on my part I did indeed mean Uderrsfield.

I accept without question their hatered for all things Presbyterian but I strongly believe the motivation was greed pure and simple.

Fritzel is a devious Cûnt and everything he does is about money. He used the bigots for his own selfish gain and the bigots wee only to eager to be used.

Back