The media refusal to call Celtc merely the best of a bad lot

The ‘invincibles’ a term coined by the very same media in the knowledge that the filth had ‘rigged the game’, tilted the table to the extent that if their expensively assembled duds couldn’t win by fair means there was always a bent and corrupt official only happy to oblige them.

Honestly if we had remotely the same m/o as the filth I could not support us and would not accept tainted, nay gifted baubles with absolutely no meaning or standing.

The filth in all that the portray, are a monster conceived of the minds of evil men who are prepared to do evil things and evil men and woman who are prepared to acquiesce by their selective and convenient silence.

The filth were indeed the best of a entirely mediocre bunch of hateful little men and women who put their bigotry and hatred of one club above the sanctity and sustainability of the National game and indeed more pig-headedly, that of their very own clubs.

The other things the press will not print or indeed utter in public:

Rangers committed no crime as recognised in the statutes and laws of the land in commission of its business.

The filth are a club with corruption oozing out of its every pore...From soft loans to dodgy land deals to having their stadium tarted up and worst of all the most disgusting and despicable cesspit which was that club and the monstrous crimes committed and covered up over almost sixty years.

For all you scummy cnuts lurking or indeed just looking in, that’s what your in bed with...The ugliest whore of a club in the entirety of sport, a disgusting stain on our country and its national game!
Timposter :D

The facts speak did themselves and any idiot can see it. Since we came back up and signed Gerrard and his team the co efficient has gone through the roof and Scotland have finally qualified for a major tournament.

Anyone who can’t admit that Scottish football needs a strong Rangers is a bigoted moron

I actually enjoy being hated by the plastic journos, it's so much better when we are able to get it right up them and they scramble to join up their writing

I don’t know how true that is.. I can recall Alex Cameron and Ian Archer amongst others constantly on our backs.

I was at a dinner in 1980 where Campbell Ogilvie was saying to my dad that the club continually reached out to the media but could make no in-roads to change their narrative.
Maybe your right mate.
Couldnt go Ian Archer, always liked Archie Mcpherson .

I actually know someone who could do this, she would be totally impartial but would cost a few quid.
she’s done stuff like this before in other fields. Has a phd in corpus linguistics.

Id advise you to get her to contact Stewart Robertson. Tell him why this would be money well spent. Club 1872 might even sponsor her as they have money set aside for projects.

The non stop attacks on our club and fans is painful and no matter how many trophies we win I dont think it will stop them. We need to fight back.

Kieran Devlin from the athletic is the only journalist to break ranks and criticise Lennon yet even he is labouring under the impression that they are underperforming more than just bad - that being said let the SMSM give Lennon an easy time because them longer he hangs about Celtic the more damage he is doing.

They were a good side under Rodgers. Going unbeaten and winning treble after treble is a good achievement in any league. But now we are a better team.
would have loved to have seen his team against the team we have now and the confidence they have. Most of our players in that era were walking in knowing they were beaten - especially against them and at times we had some of the worst defence we've had in the top league in our history I feel

slightly disrespectful to Tav considering he's much better with better players and Fod who wasn't a bad keeper but looked bad with that central defence pairing he had beside him

I cannot wait until the end of the season, when the national broadcaster continues to refuse to send reporters or commentators with valid credentials from their massed ranks of options, and covers 55 from a Sky feed back at the studio. I wonder how they'll explain that to the new DG when they are the only people not attending the only football story in Scotland come May.

They may not have coined the name "invincibles" for themselves, but have no shame in using it. Even though in the middle of that season there was a 9-0 aggregate hammering in Europe. Invincible right enough eh? :rolleyes:
They would be as well calling themselves the ST.Vincibles in honour of their Church of hidden secrets just like their stadium .

They would be as well calling themselves the ST.Vincibles in honour of their Church of hidden secrets just like their stadium .
Stadium!!!!??? Hahahaha walls made of posters, stands made of Chinese Scaffold.

*stadium!!! The Chinese scaffolding and the CR Smith entrance!! Not to mention the council lock block!!!

A place so derelict that a pretendy government had to act!!!! Only sub humans could ever take their mutated offspring too. And Rod Stewart

Last edited:
Also surprised at how little grief they've received for performances in Europe given the wage bills and turnovers they've posted over the last 10 years.

It's been over a decade since they won a European game after Christmas yet they have a bigger age bill than teams reaching the champions league semi-final in recent years.

Gerrard has probably accomplished more in Europe in two and a half seasons than any yahoo manager over the last decade with a much smaller budget.

The myth that they are a big club in Europe is just that, finishing above Rangers is the only ambition for that club as a whole.

Remember they used to bang on about fortress parkhead?

It's more of a surprise when they win a home game in europe these days.

The ‘invincibles’ a term coined by the very same media in the knowledge that the filth had ‘rigged the game’, tilted the table to the extent that if their expensively assembled duds couldn’t win by fair means there was always a bent and corrupt official only happy to oblige them.

Honestly if we had remotely the same m/o as the filth I could not support us and would not accept tainted, nay gifted baubles with absolutely no meaning or standing.

The filth in all that the portray, are a monster conceived of the minds of evil men who are prepared to do evil things and evil men and woman who are prepared to acquiesce by their selective and convenient silence.

The filth were indeed the best of an entirely mediocre bunch of hateful little men and women who put their bigotry and hatred of one club above the sanctity and sustainability of the National game and indeed more pig-headedly, that of their very own clubs.

The other things the press will not print or indeed utter in public:

Rangers committed no crime as recognised in the statutes and laws of the land in commission of its business.

The filth are a club with corruption oozing out of its every pore...From soft loans to dodgy land deals to having their stadium tarted up and worst of all the most disgusting and despicable cesspit which was that club and the monstrous crimes committed and covered up over almost sixty years.

For all you scummy cnuts lurking or indeed just looking in, that’s what your in bed with...The ugliest whore of a club in the entirety of sport, a disgusting stain on our country and its national game!
You’re not too keen on them, are you?

Some of them still sound genuinely perplexed they aren't scudding us 5-0 anymore and running away with the league.

It's arrogance off the scale. Long may it continue as it will be too late before they know it.

See for all Rodgers was good for them it was the equivalent of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut domestically lets be honest. There is no way that Rangers squad under Warburton were even going to be close to challenging. That 2016/17 season was their utopia really. Their biggest game 4 times a year minimum back in the calendar after years of plodding along in front of a half empty piggery most weeks doing the bare minimum to win the league, now we're back but at a massive disadvantage on and off the park. They talk about Rogic and Dembele as if they were some kind of world beaters, yes and they were up against what exactly? Nothing more than a pale imitation of a Rangers side.
The Nonsense Years.

If they done that then they’d be calling us utter guff as well and there would be people going mental at that.
They were being pumped all over Europe while cleaning up domestically. Yet the press never claimed that's where they should be judged because there was no competition at home. Like they did with our 9 in a row squads. That's the point.

Also, we're more than holding our own on the bigger stage right now. So how could they claim we were utter guff? That doesn't make sense.

Its with gritted teeth the media praise Rangers .
I do believe the hatred started when Souness arrived.
They were all happy to see us languishing in the greig/ wallace years.
When we woke up and holmes/ souness came in then they didnt like that.
It starts at mammy's knee and then there's their apartheid schooling system.

Don't get me started on the blind, dumb and deaf that is the jump the dyke.

They were being pumped all over Europe while cleaning up domestically. Yet the press never claimed that's where they should be judged because there was no competition at home. Like they did with our 9 in a row squads. That's the point.

Also, we're more than holding our own on the bigger stage right now. So how could they claim we were utter guff? That doesn't make sense.
No Tallies 8 v Wallies 1 headlines.

I genuinely, hand on heart, believe this current Rangers team would wipe the floor with any of their 8.75 in a row sides, including Rodgers. They made hay, scoring at will vs the Kieran/Wilson defence but so could any half decent outfit. For example Sinclair and Roberts looked like the Ronaldo brothers at the time but have did hee-haw since. Dembele hardly a world beater either. In short, a grossly overrated era.
They were a well coached side, and a decent side domestically, but this season we are miles beyond what they were at their peak. Even better than the so called invincibles (except we've not lost this season).

I think it's very telling that despite the opportunity to "make history", Rodgers ran at the first opportunity.

Did he know what was coming? He knows Gerrard, Beale, Culshaw, McAllister. Did he not fancy the actual challenge as when he lost it'd tarnish his drawing power down south?

Celtc have had no competition in Scotland for nearly a decade, been repeatedly annihilated in Europe, a place where it really counts, as they used to remind us when we were racking up League titles, yet still not one journo has called them merely the best of a bad lot in Scotland during their term of domestic dominance. Cowardice or refusal to accept reality ?
Feart of Lawwell.

It really is amazing double standards that it's not even mentioned that they're the best of a bad lot for most of their 8.75 in a row when they have had the least competition ever for these titles.

I'll give them their due, they were a genuinely decent team in Rodgers' first season but (as became a theme) blew any chance of a good European run. You can't argue with undefeated domestically and well over 100 points.

Has been slowly and steadily downhill since then(though they were extremely consistent last season) and their Europe record since the end of Lennon's first spell is embarrassing for a team who could afford to put all their focus into those European games given they had no competition at home.

On our day, we've been better than them ever since Gerrard arrived. Now we look to be adding the consistency that has let us down the past couple of years.

No Tallies 8 v Wallies 1 headlines.

I got through to Radio Clyde tonight but they didnt call me back.

I wanted to ask them why they dont refer to Celtic's "historic season" as parochial. Why they dont tell them its europe that counts and why they dont tell Celtic fans they have no devine right to win. All three of these comments were used regularly against us when we were chasing 10 in a row.

Also, most leagues would really get behind a new club coming in and having this sort of fairy-tale run from the lowest division to league challengers. For one reason or another, it just doesn't seem to be happening here.

I'll give them their due, they were a genuinely decent team in Rodgers' first season but (as became a theme) blew any chance of a good European run. You can't argue with undefeated domestically and well over 100 points.

Has been slowly and steadily downhill since then(though they were extremely consistent last season) and their Europe record since the end of Lennon's first spell is embarrassing for a team who could afford to put all their focus into those European games given they had no competition at home.

On our day, we've been better than them ever since Gerrard arrived. Now we look to be adding the consistency that has let us down the past couple of years.
I won't. They lost 7-0 to a Barcelona team on the way down at the Nou Camp and 2-0 at home. We lost 2-0 in the Nou Camp and managed a draw at home against that side approaching their peak that won the tournament and league. The team with Scott McDonald in it and Nakamura was competing in Europe - they had gone massively, massively backwards and the only thing papering over that has been domestic form in a league and cup runs without Rangers.

When 55 arrives too many won’t be able to enjoy it to the full because they’ll be too busy trawling the papers and media websites to get angry about what they did or didn’t say.
Not me ill be rubbing it in every crash barriers face i even vaguely know for a good while :)

Back