The mighty Ajax.

They've let Daley Blind and Dusan Tadic walk out the door for nothing in recent seasons. Must be a total shambles behind the scenes.

Since 2022, in players alone, they have lost Tadic, Onana, Haller, Lisandro Martinez, Anthony, Ryan Gravenberch, Daley Blind, Mohammed Kudas, Jurrien Timber, Edson Alvarez, Bassey and Noa Lang got chased over his attitude. There are at least 2 or 3 others as well.

One player that I was shocked to see leaving for nothing as well, and it must have only happened in the run up to the transfer deadline day, but the midfielder Davy Klassen. The man usually ran the midfield for them. One of their goalkeepers has also retired and there is was a host of departures on loan and free transfers.

Lose all those players and then had the reigns over to a dodgy DoF who bursts all your money then its only a matter of time before something gave.

Tadic clearly saw the writing on the wall and challenged it.

Off the field they lost ten Hag and Marc Overmars, the two brains of the operation and Overmars had incredible links abroad for signing new and emerging talent.

Last edited:
Give them another season and they'll be back challenging for their title. They're going through one of their transitional phases just now.

I thought that as well, but having read into more detail then I wouldn't be so sure.

the club is in total disarray, even van Gaal, who wants to help at boardroom level, has told them that he has no interest in going into the dug out.

Sure the guy has cancer as well so christ knows why he wants or needs that stress!

Their gaffer looks lost, said at the weekend he wouldn’t be surprised if he gets the bullet based on results. Both them and PSV recruited new managers in the summer, PSV went for a big name, Ajax chose to appoint someone within Eredivise with a smaller team, seems like he’s out his depth unfortunately.

Shocking fall from grace considering most Eredivisie teams (outwith the big 5) are not that great.

And silly Dutch bastards last season in the media were trying to blame signing Bassey.

The club's obviously got some major issues going on and they saw a scapegoat at the time, wonder what the excuse this season is.

Goes to show how quick your fortunes can change.... Massive turnover of players who're largely not working out to go with a manager not doing them any good. I doubt they'll get relegated, but there is a massive rot at the club in every facet it seems.

Rafael van der Vaart was on Dutch TV last night saying he would keep the Ajax coach in place blaming the players for the results. Pierre van Hooijdonk called him out about that statement and van der Vaarrt got a little defensive.

Steijn now the go to example for a man promoted above his ability. To this point a perfectly respectable, but unremarkable career at mid-table jobber teams in the Erdivise, and then an absolute castrof88k at a club with expectations.

Since 2022, in players alone, they have lost Tadic, Onana, Haller, Lisandro Martinez, Anthony, Ryan Gravenberch, Daley Blind, Mohammed Kudas, Jurrien Timber, Edson Alvarez, Bassey and Noa Lang got chased over his attitude. There are at least 2 or 3 others as well.

One player that I was shocked to see leaving for nothing as well, and it must have only happened in the run up to the transfer deadline day, but the midfielder Davy Klassen. The man usually ran the midfield for them. One of their goalkeepers has also retired and there is was a host of departures on loan and free transfers.

Lose all those players and then had the reigns over to a dodgy DoF who bursts all your money then its only a matter of time before something gave.

Tadic clearly saw the writing on the wall and challenged it.

Off the field they lost ten Hag and Marc Overmars, the two brains of the operation and Overmars had incredible links abroad for signing new and emerging talent.
Yeah, losing that many top class players year on year will eventually catch up with you.

I'd forgotten Klassen left aswell near the end of the window. You're right, Steklenberg also hung up the gloves in the summer. Big presences in the dressing room.

Nah, I knew about the dodgy DoF and the series of poor coaching híres. Still wild though.

Just goes to show you that you can make a shit load of money on player sales and still make a total arse of hings.

I have always liked Ajax, since the Cruyff days.
Played some beautiful football over the years, and I also love the city they play in.
Hope Dave V’s job is safe.
Sincerely hope they recover quickly.

Rafael van der Vaart was on Dutch TV last night saying he would keep the Ajax coach in place blaming the players for the results. Pierre van Hooijdonk called him out about that statement and van der Vaarrt got a little defensive.

The entitlement is off the scale.

They just need to get on with it. They seem to have enough money anyway, sack the manager, get a new one in and then spend some money at Xmas. They will stay up and can then rebuild properly in the summer.

Yeah, losing that many top class players year on year will eventually catch up with you.

I'd forgotten Klassen left aswell near the end of the window. You're right, Steklenberg also hung up the gloves in the summer. Big presences in the dressing room.

Nah, I knew about the dodgy DoF and the series of poor coaching híres. Still wild though.

Just goes to show you that you can make a shit load of money on player sales and still make a total arse of hings.

Didn't really help that they had no succession plans in place for properly replacing Overmars and ten Hag.

Their departures cannot be understated, especially Overmars.

Didn't really help that they had no succession plans in place for properly replacing Overmars and ten Hag.

Their departures cannot be understated, especially Overmars.

Overmars was the key. ten Hag kept things ticking over after the scandal. Has subsequently gone completely tits up since both left. Recruitment has been very scattergun since Overmars left. Also there academy hasn't been producing as much. Nowhere near as prolific as it's made out to be, but even that's dried up.

Apparently van der Sar has/had been really bad at running things.

The much lauded "Ajax model" can be binned now unless you want relegated, total mess atm instead of total football.

The Ajax model has always relied heavily on supplementary investment in the transfer market. People think they produce every talent that crops up there, but more often than not they buy them in.

PSV and Feyenoord have both been far more prolific at producing their own talents.

That’s him Sacked if their looking for technical football you never know Mick Beales looking for a job

Tbh I wonder if GVB would even take the reins to the end of the season. I know feyenoord & Ajax ain’t the best of mates but that leagues as bad as the Italian league for loyalty.

Was reading they've had more league games stopped / abandoned because of fan behaviour this season, than they've won.
Against Feyenoord, they did it. The fact is though that in Holland when a game is abandoned They only play the game out as it was. Even if there is only 5 minutes left, they just play the 5 minutes out. Feyenoord were 3-0 up when the game was stopped. They played the game out behind closed doors a few days later and Feyenoord scored again, making the score 4-0

It looks like they're about to make the same mistake as last season instead of bringing in a new coach they're going with a interim coach until the end of the season.

Rumoured to be John van’ t Schip a guy who has a win percentage of 38.2 which is lower than the guy they have just sacked.

Exactly, love this.

He was their scape goat for last season. Glad the big man’s out of there. Hoping he settles into Fulham and next season he will be back showing what he’s good at.

When you look at that Ajax team it’s the lowest value it’s been worth I’m guessing in 10 years. The Georgian boy upfront a do believe will come good but may take time to bed in, I think it’s their midfield that’s their downfall majorly this season.

With the money in the bank they have wouldn’t be surprised if they go mad in Jan
I’m sure the problem is they don’t have much money in the bank as the last DOF squandered it all.

Latest posts

Back