The most unexpected place that you ran into another Bear or Rangers stuff?

Not that exotic, but I was at Uni in Chester, after a night out I made my way home singing some, ahem, cultural songs. sadly there are a lot of homeless in Chester, one boy calls me over, rolls up his sleeve and has a UVF tattoo.

A sports bar in Orlando. Not really that unexpected, but when you consider I was just looking to pass some time and randomly parked on a road. Said to the wife, lets go to a bar and find some scoff. First bar I saw was an Irish bar, so gave it a body swerve, almost directly over the road was the sports bar. Full of Rangers and some Spurs stuff.

On holiday in Lanzarote decided to take a camel ride with the fam.
I had to pair up with a boy and his lad.
Heard my accent asked what team I supported..asked me have you heard of Mark Walters after me telling him how good and a legend ,tells me that's my uncle.
Had a great time
Cool story bro.

In an Italian Restaurant on the edge of the Beach in Alabama. There is the obligatory wall of photos of celebrity Diners and Party goers. I'm standing waiting to be seated and spot this string of photos featuring The Famous. Walter and various others all posing with what turned out to be the owner. Unfortunately he wasn't around that night. Appropriately enough the area is called Gulf Shores / Orange Beach, wonder if that had been the original pull for him.

Mr Kobi's beach bar, Nai Yang, Phuket. It was 2006 I think, less than 2 years after the Tsunami wrecked Nai Yang. The beach bars had been set up with reconstituted wood, rope and tarpaulins. Behind the bar was a Rangers flag. When I said C'mon the Teddy Bears, the owner, Mr Kobi started singing Follow Follow. He brought us red white and blue cocktails that were so strong it caused some of our group temporary blindness. He brought his photo album down and showed pictures of his friend from Singapore who brings him the Rangers stuff. I think the bars are no longer on the beach, due to Tsunami laws. I hope his bar is still doing well, top bloke.

FBS

Yonge street - Toronto. Had my Rangers top on (Lovenkrands cup final one). Walking down the street, boy said to me no surrender pal.

cool story etc.

Angkor Wat, Cambodia.

Was up one of the temples getting my photo took when some Scottish guy came up to my girlfriend (who’s from Dublin and didn’t have a clue about the importance of football before we moved back to Glasgow) and asked if that was a Rangers top the guy she was taking a photo of was wearing. She told him it was and the guy replied “brilliant, do you think he’d mind if I took a photo of him”. Shouted up for me to give him a a “WATP” and took a photo.

Would love to bump in to the guy some day.

Not me but my Brother in law (Celtc fan by the way) 20 years ago was in downtown LA, him and his wife at the time were sitting in a bar and a guy with a Rangers strip on walked by the window .

A bar just next to the Vatican. Lots of footy memorabilia but when you step through the front door, there was a Rangers scarf in pride of place astride the indoor door frame.

Los Angeles airport- got challenged by armed security lady to open my WH Smith bag(bought stuff in Glasgow b4 flight) so she could check the contents. Turns out she was from East Kilbride originally and had seen my Rangers News through the white bag and wanted a chat about the bears.

South Africa on Safari. Just me, the Mrs a nother lady, her mum and kid on the land rover. Stop in the Bush for an evening glass or two. Get chatting about Scotland and then Rangers and turns out shes a close pal of Dave King. Gets us outrageous seats in a top Johannesburg restaurant that weekend. Class.

On a rig in Bintuni Bay, West Papua just before Christmas.
Wee local guy proudly cutting about wearing last seasons away top.
One of my cousins, originally from Bangor and now living in Perth WA, works on the rigs out there. If he had a big sleeve tattoo with the red hand in it then that might have been him.

Coming off the helicopter onto the Rang Dong 1 FPSO in the South China Sea when a wee Vietnamese ship's crew has a CENTRAL FIFE RSC polo shirt on

Reactions: 8-1
Lol comedy club New York.......taken into our seats in this small little club and they put us right next to another scottish couple and the guy was a bear, sat talking about football to the annoyance of the Mrs'.

There was a similar thread to this a few years back and I'm sure this one will be just as entertaining and fascinating.

Mine was in the packed toilets at Sydney Cricket Ground when on holiday. A guy heard my accent and the first question he asked, "was I a Rangers fan". Hearing the affirmative he launched into Follow Follow to the bemusement of the Aussies.:))

Id like to know more about how you end up owning a bar in Vanuatu. Thats amazing. TO THE LOUNGE.
Me too, my boy worked in the Solomon Islands for 6 months and had a stopover there on a flight bound for Fiji.

Lisbon... during the pandemic... in a proper local pub. Guy hears our accent, takes off his top and has a big Rangers badge on his chest hahaha

Was staying in a house in Germany when on a football trip with local team from home and the son had all Rangers stuff on his bedroom wall. Only found out as he saw my Rangers belt.

In The Maldives on an island that held 86 guests. I had a Rangers beach towel and got chatting to a couple from near Liverpool. She saw the towel and mentioned her Dad had been in the Orange Order and always followed our results.
Not much to do on the island but one night they would have a sing song and karaoke.
This girl was a great singer and always got up and sang and was always well received.

Last night on the island and she gets up and dedicates her last song to me.
Then proceeds to belt out The Sash to a bemused audience.
Never forget it.

I was in a restaurant in Spain having dinner with my wife and my mate from Australia, when I was going to pay the bill the waiter notice my Rangers wallet he said that he followed the gers because Wee Natcho used to play for his local team.

I was in NYC in 2014.

We arrived a bit jet lagged, the wife wasn’t feeling well so we decided just to stay in our hotel first night and grab a pizza from a place across the road.

Went in and ordered. Guy asks me if I’m Scottish, I said yes, and he tells me he’s from South Africa.

Turns out his dad was Scottish and a big Rangers fan and so was he.

Maybe not the most bizarre story but it made my day back then.

About a week after we beat them at Ibrox to stop them winning the league in 2012, I was walking along the promenade of Manly Beach in Australia and a guy walked past me wearing a Rangers top.

Not my story.

In 1996, my parents took my two kids to Canada as my mum's youngest sister emigrated there in the mid 60s.

They all spent the first week in Toronto (my aunt stays in the Scarborough area)
The second week they took a bus down to Florida and took in Disneyland etc.

Third week back in Toronto and one morning my old man says I'lll go and get the messages, papers, milk, bread etc.

My son, who was twelve at the time went with him in his Rangers strip.

My old man said we were walking down the street and a car slowed down, the window rolled down and a guy just shouted out 'GAZZA'!

On holiday in Bermuda 25 years ago and walking down Main Street in Hamilton and walking towards me a black guy with the Gazza round neck Adidas home top.I smiled and said lovely top mate.He says thanks buddy and we walk past one another.Made me smile anyway.

Facing the beach or 2nd road was it left or right ?
Dependent on response for soi half a dozen you may be wrong on the girl statement

I thought we were mates ? B-D
Where it has always been half way down on the left walking from Second Road towards Beach Road.

Leros, obscure Greek Island.
Met a bear who ran up saying we've just signed Mo Johnson...
Both of us in tears....
Sort of same for me guys sees my gers tatoo in crete thought he was going to say we've signed dave macferson again didnt no weather the cry or smile

One of mine.

Went to Brussels with my Mrs one December, we took the eurostar as we live in London. I had a few bevvies on the train and was getting a bit of a buzz, however when we got to Brussels at about 8 she was feeling tired and just wanted to check in and to go straight to bed. Me? I wanted to go explore and have a couple of beers.

Walked around for a bit, and walked into a bar. On my left as I walk in is sat a family, with the elder head wearing an orange and blue bar scarf.

No, it's not is it and I do a quite obvious double take.

Anyway, I sit at the bar and order a beer and overhear the accents. Anyway, when one of the party comes to the bar and orders a beer I get chatting to them. Of course theyre Rangers supporters. Great stuff! K

Ending up joining them and having a great evening.

There was a similar thread to this a few years back and I'm sure this one will be just as entertaining and fascinating.

Mine was in the packed toilets at Sydney Cricket Ground when on holiday. A guy heard my accent and the first question he asked, "was I a Rangers fan". Hearing the affirmative he launched into Follow Follow to the bemusement of the Aussies.:))
On the Hill?

I spent a year in Hungary working, and the nearest town Kaposvar was where I went to do my weekly shop in Tesco, I was walking past the checkout and seen a guy on the checkout wearing the 2007/08 white and auberge shirt, I wish I had of went and made conversation with him.
It’s always great to see our colours when out and about wherever we may be.

Nothing near as exotic as some of the stories in here but I was hoping to find a sports bar in Cardiff showing a midweek game when I was working there for a week.

Quick google and it turned out I was half a mile away from the Cardiff True blues HQ, sat and watched Killie away with about 8 bears 400miles from home.

Cant be a major town or city in the uk without some sort of RSC

Reactions: 8-1
Where it has always been half way down on the left walking from Second Road towards Beach Road.

Sorry was not meaning soi 6 itself, had a stagger there and was always told one side was all kathoey. Do remember watching the 2-0 game (Nov 04) in School Days II and was never once allowed to buy a drink that day. Funny thing was I actually went home to get changed as after asking if game would be shown my green Chai Beer T shirt made them give me directions elsewhere ))

Not sure if this counts but 1-2 years ago my GF just passed her driving test and we were driving along Mosspark drive and she managed to clip the wing mirror of a car. We decided that the best thing to do is just own up to it and accept responsibility.

We parked up and went and chapped on the door and got speaking to an older guy whos wife owned the car, he came out had a look realised nothing was wrong and thanked us for letting him know.

Like a month later is the Rangers vs Hearts game at Hampden and me and my brother are at the game and we end up chatting away to the guy next to us and turns out he also lives in Mosspark. It isn't until after the game and we are half way up the road that I realise it was the same guy whos car we clipped.

Lorenzo Amoruso’s brother at a restaurant in Peurto Rico, Gran Canaria in about 2011. He seen this strip and shouted to ask if I knew who his brother was. Needless to say I didn’t believe it until I googled him later. Missed opportunity

In bali a few years ago met a guy who had emigrated to perth and was on holiday with his family he had some great stories about getting the bus to euro away days and following rangers

I was sitting in my work's office in Melbourne when I spotted a pair of Rangers shorts sitting on a desk. Asked the old boy that sat there what the story was. Turns out his boy had travelled to Scotland on holiday and picked the Gers as his team of choice - he wore the shorts for his bike ride to work. Now the boy and his dad (my colleague) are huge fans and watch all the games live every week, even when the kickoffs are in they middle of the night. The guy's a second generation Italian immigrant so could have easily picked an Italian team but chose the Bears instead.

My sister lives and works in Tel Aviv. One morning while at her works office on Tel Aviv seafront, she swore that she could hear the sash being sung.

This couldn't possibly be right, so at her lunchtime she went down to see what the hell was going on.

Only to see hundreds of Rangers supporters milling around the bars on the seafront. The first sight being a big King Billy tattoo on the bare back of a not particularly svelte Rangers supporter.

It was, of course, the Hapoel Tel Aviv game in 2006 or 7(I think?). Not being a football fan she had no idea it was happening.

She went into her usual lunchtime restaurant/bar and some Scots guy was having trouble getting his food order through to the waitress (even though she said the waitress can speak English but obviously not Glaswegian) so she butted in and told the girl what the order was in fluent Hebrew and then told the Bear in her best Belfast accent, "Park yer arse down there and she'll bring it down to ye." She said the looks of amazement on the faces of the Gers fans at the table on hearing a wee Ulster woman talking to them after jabbering fluently in Hebrew, were almost as flummoxed as she was when she thought she heard the Sash being belted out on a sunny Tel Aviv midweek morning. She said she regretted having to be at work as she was sure could have drunk free all afternoon with those guys.

Any more stories of unexpected or far flung Rangers encounters?
Moenchengladbach. Working in railway. Had my boss sign off on free pass to travel. He said hope you're not going to the game. No said I. Time came phoned in sick and off I went. In the town we hit a bar full of bears. Tap on the shoulder and it was my boss. Ian Denim (calley works). Big and massive bluenose. Ripped the pish out of me then we had a drink and had a laugh. I was only 20 at the time. Left the Calley and probably 20 years later in at the piano bar in Vegas at NARSA convention, someone says I've got someone who wants to meet you, boom big Denim. Sadly gone now but what a passionate bear he was

We went to Gretna to get married, we didn't tell anyone so when we got there we had to find 2 witnesses. I approached a few people who would change direction and walk away when they saw me with a suit and a flower in my lapel. Obviously happens a lot in Gretna.

i managed to get a mother and daughter who said they would be happy to do it.
as we where walking into the office the daughter said to me “ i hope you dont mind but i have football top on under my jacket” i was dreading it when she started to unzip her jacket but pleased when it was one of our tops.

So i can always say one of my witnesses at my wedding had a Rangers top on.

Walked out the elevator at the top of the eagles nest in Berchtesgaden southern Germany July 1989 was 13 at the time. Had our league champions Umbro t-shirt on. As I walked towards the house from the elevator another family walked towards me. I was greeted with go on yersel wee man! Family on holiday from glasgow.

Found a bar in Shanghai that could play the game two seasons ago, in walks another bear with an English fella

20 years ago approx. in a Irish Bar in New York noticed this guy with a Rangers badge on his polo shirt. Got talking and he was over for the big fight(?). Owned a club/bar in Hastings and came up for every home game. He had no family or other connection with Scotland. He mentioned the Glaswegian pub was his place for a pre match drink.

Not really Rangers related but in 2008 was in Florida and spots a young boy from my hometown running about in an Accies top. How Mickey Mouse was that?

Back