The most unexpected place that you ran into another Bear or Rangers stuff?

Arthur Numan in Sidlaw Way, Larkhall.

He was helping his pal Michael Doesberg (he had signed for Motherwell) move into his house. Had a 10 minute kick about with him, Michael and nearly every kid in the street.

In a nightclub in Amsterdam, young Dutch guy next to us at bar after he hears me ordering beers starts getting excited and just shouts "Richard Gough, Glasgow Rangers" about 15 times. That's all he seemed to said, bought him a beer and kept bumping into him and he kept repeating this. This was two years ago so no idea if he was a relative etc, he was drunk and that's all he said.

Liberia, arrive there for work, check into hotel so decide to go for a wander and first person see outside hotel is guy across the street with a Rangers nike 1999 top. Random.

Dominic Republic, Gran Bahia Principe 2008 and I am looking for a boozer in this complex so I am in reception and 4 Canadian bears behind quickly pipe up in support B-) it was the 0-0 game which was celebrated at 2pm in sweltering heat in the pool with god knows what amount of booze consumed

happy days

I was wearing a Rangers sweatshirt at Alcatraz back in 1995 while touring the States with my now missus. Guy starts talking to me on the boat heading back to San Francisco. Turns out its Tam Plunkett (NARSA) who was visiting San Francisco (from Michigan) with his folks. We had left Glasgow the day after Rangers got pumped by Juventus at Ibrox and blethered about that on the way back.

A Thursday afternoon in Cockermouth in Cumbria back in Septemger 2015, I was out at a local market with my wife. She wanted to check out a few stalls and I said I'd go for a wander and meet up with her. I was walking up the main street when about 50 yards away all I could hear was some guys belting out, "The Glasgow Rangers, The Teddy Bears" outside a pub. It put a huge smile on my face

Landed in Chicago a couple of years ago for a holiday. Put my passport into the automated machine and answer the questions, get a red X at the end with a message to go and see an agent.

Worrying that I’ve messed up my ESTA, I go and join the queue. Get up to the guy and he hears my accent and asks “Scottish?”, “Yes”, “Glasgow Rangers?”, “Yes!”. Quick scan of my passport and sent me on my way.

cool story, bro

I feel like when humans set foot on Mars they'll discover an RSC already there watching an OF game in one of the craters.

Can't think of anything in particular, but been in so many bars, restauarants, tours etc in countries all over the world over the years, and as soon as someone local hears the accent the question "Glasgow Rangers or Celtic?" is almost immediate. Have never once had anything other than a big grin signalling agreement when enthusiastically stating "Glasgow Rangers!" in reply B-D World football knows us all too well!

My sister lives and works in Tel Aviv. One morning while at her works office on Tel Aviv seafront, she swore that she could hear the sash being sung.

This couldn't possibly be right, so at her lunchtime she went down to see what the hell was going on.

Only to see hundreds of Rangers supporters milling around the bars on the seafront. The first sight being a big King Billy tattoo on the bare back of a not particularly svelte Rangers supporter.

It was, of course, the Hapoel Tel Aviv game in 2006 or 7(I think?). Not being a football fan she had no idea it was happening.

She went into her usual lunchtime restaurant/bar and some Scots guy was having trouble getting his food order through to the waitress (even though she said the waitress can speak English but obviously not Glaswegian) so she butted in and told the girl what the order was in fluent Hebrew and then told the Bear in her best Belfast accent, "Park yer arse down there and she'll bring it down to ye." She said the looks of amazement on the faces of the Gers fans at the table on hearing a wee Ulster woman talking to them after jabbering fluently in Hebrew, were almost as flummoxed as she was when she thought she heard the Sash being belted out on a sunny Tel Aviv midweek morning. She said she regretted having to be at work as she was sure could have drunk free all afternoon with those guys.

Any more stories of unexpected or far flung Rangers encounters?
Got talking to a guy at the top of Ben Nevis, He noticed my Rangers watch and started talking about Rangers, turned out he sat four rows behind me in the Copland Rear, I met him twice after that at Ibrox but the last time I spoke to hin he had moved to another part of the stadium.

Myself and my other half met a Rangers supporting family from NI 3 years ago come easter in Bali we were at the Temple at Uluwatu, coming from Melbourne it's only a 6 hour journey and I had a Rangers top on along with a sarong as per the tour required. (The Sarong not the Rangers top:)))
The dad spotted me and latched on for a welcome chat their whole family had flown from NI a really long journey, mum dad and 3 daughters and they had been bitten all over with mozzies.
We had a good yak and gave them a bottle of mozzie spray and a few tips and parted company it was a strange but good meeting up and hopefully they had a mozzie free trip after that.

Last edited:
Fella I know was born in Royston and was in a flute band from he was a kid. His ma would get him and his brothers ready before a parade and make them walk round the area.
have mates that have lived there for years,good rangers men and some in the loyal orders, they never get any bother as they know everybody, but walking along that area years ago with rangers colours on would be dodgy as %^*&, today royston is more blm than plastic paddy.

have mates that have lived there for years,good Rangers men and some in the loyal orders, they never get any bother as they know everybody, but walking along that area years ago with Rangers colours on would be dodgy as %^*&, today royston is more blm than plastic paddy.

Years ago our bus taking us home from Ibrox broke down near a school on the main road at Royston. The scum appeared from nowhere lobbing bricks and bottles.

have mates that have lived there for years,good Rangers men and some in the loyal orders, they never get any bother as they know everybody, but walking along that area years ago with Rangers colours on would be dodgy as %^*&, today royston is more blm than plastic paddy.
Was year's ago he lived there. It's a shite hole.

Arthur Numan in Sidlaw Way, Larkhall.

He was helping his pal Michael Doesberg (he had signed for Motherwell) move into his house. Had a 10 minute kick about with him, Michael and nearly every kid in the street.
Seen him in Marks and Spencer’s in Hamilton. Looked like David Bowie
B-)

Strangely for the first time a recent holiday to Singapore ended with me spotting zero Rangers shirts (nor theirs) the entire time. That’s my first holiday without seeing a Gers top (other than mine)

Myself and my other half met a Rangers supporting family from NI 3 years ago come easter in Bali we were at the Temple at Uluwatu, coming from Melbourne it's only a 6 hour journey and I had a Rangers top on along with a sarong as per the tour required. (The Sarong not the Rangers top:)))
The dad spotted me and latched on for a welcome chat their whole family had flown from NI a really long journey, mum dad and 3 daughters and they had been bitten all over with mozzies.
We had a good yak and gave them a bottle of mozzie spray and a few tips and parted company it was a strange but good meeting up and hopefully they had a mozzie free trip after that.
Was coming out of the Great Pyramid in Giza early 90s had the addidas Rangers top on and an Egyptian bloke started shouting Hatleeee Hatleee at me.

Was over in Toronto a couple weeks back and standing in the packed Steam Whistle Brewery beside Rogers stadium prior to a Blue Jays game when a seat became available and the guy invited me and the wife to sit down - got to chatting and he and his mate were both Rangers fans - one had worked in Scotland for 5 years and the other had family in Stirling.

I assumed they were just token fans but turned out they followed closely and we had a good chat about recent games etc.

Met a fellow FFer in a hotel in Aruba in 2010 or 2012 , can’t exactly remember. Was in the ocean for a cool down and heard his accent.

Back